Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Nazarene: Give It Time » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Nazarene: Give It Time 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So do I. But in a good way. Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
08-11-2004 12:19 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

can't sleep to crap! Pleased

08-11-2004 12:24 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin

08-11-2004 12:25 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
can't sleep to crap! Pleased

Then get up, crap, THEN sleep....

Tongue

08-11-2004 12:32 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by Bret 2.0
quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:
The only other thing that I would request of the guys, is this...PLEASE make the albums longer than 35 minutes. Ok...that is a very selfish request.

Very selfish...

yet very valid! Tongue

Please, oh please, oh please! Big Grin

Hey...I just figured out how to fix this problem.

Save up and play two CD's at a time!

I have Mutt & NCT in the player at one time, and it's about the same length as some of the earlier recordings.

Big Grin

Believe it or not, I already do that. Well, sort of. I have 3 CD disc changer in my living room, so I listen to 3 back to back. I get a whole lotta music outta that. Pleased

But in the car, it's 1 at a time. Dem short CDs end too soon! Frown

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
08-11-2004 14:59 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by carl
OK, the part about still digging Real Men Cry anyway was off. But the rest of the analysis was dead-on. Big Grin

Real Men Cry is great. If you're that worried about production, you need to get a life! Tongue

The only thing that bugged me a little on RMC is that the different drum style just seemed to not fit that well on a few songs, but not bad enough to be an issue.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
08-12-2004 10:00 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Bret 2.0 Bret 2.0 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 07-11-2004

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
OK, the part about still digging Real Men Cry anyway was off. But the rest of the analysis was dead-on. Big Grin

Real Men Cry is great. If you're that worried about production, you need to get a life! Tongue

The only thing that bugged me a little on RMC is that the different drum style just seemed to not fit that well on a few songs, but not bad enough to be an issue.

I guess I need to get a life.

The production mix was way too muddy sounding to be considered good. It was like the inputs were peaking too hot, and so it was distorted.

I like to hear the instruments, with the type of clarity that had been found in their other recordings.

Real Rock Radio

08-12-2004 10:23 Bret 2.0 is offline Send an Email to Bret 2.0 Homepage of Bret 2.0 Search for Posts by Bret 2.0 Add Bret 2.0 to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
quote:

I guess I need to get a life.

The production mix was way too muddy sounding to be considered good. It was like the inputs were peaking too hot, and so it was distorted.

I like to hear the instruments, with the type of clarity that had been found in their other recordings.

Take off the headphones, roll down the windows and get it over 100. No problems then! Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

08-12-2004 10:46 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
quote:

Well, normally production's the last thing on my mind. (Remember, y'r talking to the guy who played bass for five years before he realized what the pick-up switch was for.)

But when a CD by a band you normally love sounds sterile as all get-out, yet the same songs played live are WAY more enjoyable, let alone the version of "In the Distance" on the Dogs DVD being downright transformational (and again, y'r talking to the guy who normally hates live albums), there has to be SOME explanation for it. Where would YOU put it? Tongue

08-13-2004 09:50 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
quote:

Well, normally production's the last thing on my mind. (Remember, y'r talking to the guy who played bass for five years before he realized what the pick-up switch was for.)

But when a CD by a band you normally love sounds sterile as all get-out, yet the same songs played live are WAY more enjoyable, let alone the version of "In the Distance" on the Dogs DVD being downright transformational (and again, y'r talking to the guy who normally hates live albums), there has to be SOME explanation for it. Where would YOU put it? Tongue

You're not a rabid enough Dog fan and are hereby sentenced to listen to all of The Choir CDs nonstop for 30 days.

Aren't live shows almost always way more enjoyable than CDs?

Maybe my hearing is just worse than I thought. Red Face

Got a few miles left ...

08-13-2004 10:09 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
quote:
quote:

For guys that have had such incredible albums, with wonderful production, RMC was a very poor example of their wonderful work.

As Carl has stated, I would rather listen to Mike & Terry performing much of those songs on a BBQ cd than listen to the RMC versions, just because on many of the BBQ cd's being better quality recordings than the original RMC.

I still listen to my RMC cd, but as you stated, it's best listened to while I am in my hotrod, with the windows down, with the dull roar of the dual exhaust, to help filter the "fuzzy production".

Real Rock Radio

08-13-2004 10:10 Bret 2.0 is offline Send an Email to Bret 2.0 Homepage of Bret 2.0 Search for Posts by Bret 2.0 Add Bret 2.0 to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:

I believe my 10yr old enjoys the banter between the songs more than listening to the songs, on the BBQ cd's! My wife, on the other hand, doesn't find listening to the same jokes very funny.

Real Rock Radio

08-13-2004 10:13 Bret 2.0 is offline Send an Email to Bret 2.0 Homepage of Bret 2.0 Search for Posts by Bret 2.0 Add Bret 2.0 to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
You're not a rabid enough Dog fan and are hereby sentenced to listen to all of The Choir CDs nonstop for 30 days.

My wife listens to Mutt every day. Isn't that close enough? (I finally figured my problem there -- it was so obvious -- even more so than the other Dogs albums, Mutt is a chick album! Shocked Big Grin

quote:

Live shows, quite often, yes. Albums of live shows, next to never.

quote:

MayBE.... Tongue

08-13-2004 10:28 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:

My wife listens to Mutt every day. Isn't that close enough? (I finally figured my problem there -- it was so obvious -- even more so than the other Dogs albums, Mutt is a chick album! Shocked Big Grin

quote:

Live shows, quite often, yes. Albums of live shows, next to never.

quote:

MayBE.... Tongue

Mutt is a chick album. Big Grin But it's definitely not an Egg Suckin Dog!

So, you didn't appreciate GRS Part Tour either?

Got a few miles left ...

08-13-2004 13:14 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

I liked "part tour" because Gene was on it.

Real Rock Radio

08-13-2004 13:25 Bret 2.0 is offline Send an Email to Bret 2.0 Homepage of Bret 2.0 Search for Posts by Bret 2.0 Add Bret 2.0 to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

No, it's not an egg-suckin' dog -- regardless of how I feel about the new interpretations, the songs themselves ensure that. But it IS a chick album. Which explains a lot. Lots of people think Beaches is a wonderful movie too. Tongue And the fact that I'm not built that way doesn't make their claim untrue. But it won't work for me.

And y'r sort of right. I didn't bother buying GRS Part Tour & probably won't, because I'm pretty sure I'd play it three times then put it away forever. Others might like it. I don't like live albums, with a handful of notable exceptions, and THAT's my faithin' prerogative too. Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 08-13-2004 13:42.

08-13-2004 13:30 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Ubique Epoque

quote:
No, it's not an egg-suckin' dog. But it IS a chick album. Which explains a lot. Lots of people think Beaches is a wonderful movie too. Tongue And the fact that I'm not built that way doesn't make their claim untrue. But it won't work for me.

And y'r sort of right. I didn't bother buying GRS Part Tour & probably won't, because I'm pretty sure I'll play it three times and then put it away forever. Others might like it. I don't like live albums, and it's my faithin' prerogative not to. Tongue

Let's get this in black and white: Carl prefers dead faith albums - the very definition of modern CCM! He'll have none of that live holy crap! Tongue

So I take it you don't like Frampton Comes Alive either.

GRS Part Tour was great! Sorta like an early greatest hits live. Pleased

carl - the source of negative prerogatives? Wonder what will develop from all this? Tongue

Got a few miles left ...

08-13-2004 13:34 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Angry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Stupid faithin' quote button yet again....

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 08-13-2004 13:42.

08-13-2004 13:40 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
No, it's not an egg-suckin' dog -- regardless of how I feel about the new interpretations, the songs themselves ensure that. But it IS a chick album. Which explains a lot. Lots of people think Beaches is a wonderful movie too. Tongue And the fact that I'm not built that way doesn't make their claim untrue. But it won't work for me.

And y'r sort of right. I didn't bother buying GRS Part Tour & probably won't, because I'm pretty sure I'd play it three times then put it away forever. Others might like it. I don't like live albums, with a handful of notable exceptions, and THAT's my faithin' prerogative too. Tongue

Chick album? So that's why I love MUTT so much??????? Confused Big Grin

As for Beaches, I did enjoy it!

As for GRS Part Tour: what's wrong with you carl? That is an awesome album! Wink Tongue

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
08-14-2004 22:05 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Well, maybe someday when I become independently wealthy we'll BOTH know that.... Big Grin

In the meantime, still savin' up my pennies for that new Pedro the Faithin' Lion CD.... Tongue .... gotta do what the Holy Spirit tells me first, after all.... Tongue Tongue Tongue

08-15-2004 11:27 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Nazarene: Give It Time

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH