Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » which one is "weird?" » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page which one is "weird?"
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

which one is "weird?" Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Okay. I always think of Doppelganger being the weird one from the the bookset. However I have been playing !Alarma! a lot, which I think of as a "classic rock album with new wave vibe" mostly because of the title track. !Alarma! is filled with weird-ass songs though. "Props?" Where did this come from? It sounds like something off that "Nuggets" box-set. and "Cloak & Dagger" these are some strange tunes. "Shedding the mortal coil?" Weird. Cool I like it. It's just funny that to me "DG" has always been the "odd DA CD" to me... up until now Big Grin

08-23-2002 16:57 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

They all are Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Doc-
I've always thought that DG was the most strange, but put in context of the time period, it really fits as well as VH, maybe not as accessable as VH, but still right there. AS far as Alarma, that's always gonna be in my top 5. That one is the most like Talking Heads out of any DA albums, although Outdoor Elvis has some very Heads like tunes too. I just love Alarma! Actually the title track is the only really straight up rocker on it. the rest are pretty out there.
lucy
08-23-2002 17:53 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Most our there DA release to me would have to be Songs of the heart. Lyrics especially. "our night to howl time to go dancin'" I love that one. Doppleganger would have to be second though. Autographs For The Sick... Speaking of Talking Heads has anybody seen True Stories a movie done by David Byrne??? It is the best movie ever!!!

08-23-2002 18:32 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

True Stories Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

True Stories is so cool. We watched it in a film class in college, and I was hooked. Bought all of Talking Heads' albums after that. David Byrne rocks!!!

08-23-2002 18:36 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I love Alarma!

Especially Central Theme, Faces to the Window, Baby Game, and of course the bonus track, No Spaceship. It just kicks!

08-23-2002 21:14 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

A way down south in Dixie.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Alarma. A-. Pretty good. Thanks for the bonus tracks on the CD."

"Doppelganger. Incomplete. I'm still trying to figure this one out." "Huh?"

08-23-2002 22:13 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Ubique Epoque

Thread Starter Thread Started by Dr Rich

quote:
Originally posted by Lucy
Actually the title track is the only really straight up rocker on it. the rest are pretty out there.
lucy

that's so funny. it's like I "forget" that. 'cuz when I play it I'm always blown away! Big Grin

08-24-2002 14:57 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
"Alarma. A-. Pretty good. Thanks for the bonus tracks on the CD."

"Doppelganger. Incomplete. I'm still trying to figure this one out." "Huh?"

That wacky fan is always good for a few lines! LOL! Big Grin

08-24-2002 14:58 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Nobody knows who actually wrote that do they? Other than Terry.

08-24-2002 14:59 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Nobody knows who actually wrote that do they? Other than Terry.

no... I wonder if the Wacky Fan ever posts or visits here? Confused

08-24-2002 15:01 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

I think his name is Jim Muglia..... Pleased

08-24-2002 15:03 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

I think his name is Jim Muglia..... Pleased

shhh. don't get him started. Crying

08-24-2002 15:04 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

That's funny.

08-24-2002 15:04 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

funny.

yes. funny.

Crying

08-24-2002 15:05 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Jim must have taken his ball and gone home.

08-24-2002 17:30 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Jim must have taken his ball and gone home.

I'm sure he's around...

He can be ok sometimes, even funny.

But he can also be out there.....

BD

(I struck out against Jim)

08-24-2002 18:55 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I'm sure you'll be at bat again, but who knows when?

08-24-2002 18:56 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

I think Woggy's hit a home run or two.
08-25-2002 10:34 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee

Woggy's definately a slugger.

08-25-2002 10:36 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee

Woggy's definately a slugger.

She's our Babe Ruth.
08-25-2002 10:37 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » which one is "weird?"

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH