Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » lurkers » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page lurkers 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lazysusan
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 03-06-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm campainin'!!!

Spittin' image of ma!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lazysusan: 10-29-2004 12:08.

10-29-2004 12:08 Lazysusan is offline Send an Email to Lazysusan Search for Posts by Lazysusan Add Lazysusan to your Buddy List
Big Gay Al
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-06-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I heard tim had his silly buns here. Somebody posted it at the 77's board Tongue Hi Silly Pleased

10-29-2004 12:10 Big Gay Al is offline Send an Email to Big Gay Al Search for Posts by Big Gay Al Add Big Gay Al to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Tim opened pandora's box Shocked

10-29-2004 12:11 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Bryan Bryan is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 11-13-2002

RE: lurkers Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
hey, let's hear from the LURKERS today!
come on, lukers, come on by and say hello. tell us who ya are.

yea, how can you pass up an invitation like that?
the DAmb needs some new members anyway... Cool

otherwise Tim is going to be asked the same old questions
by the same old members about the same old topics...

SEE:
how is the Choir CD coming along... ?
any Swirling Eddies news... ?
have you heard from Tonio K. recently... ?

Yeah, Tim... how's the Choir CD coming along?

I'm curious about something else too...
It would be fairly normal for someone on this list to approach his/her CD collection, pause for a moment deciding which disc to spin, and then select a Daniel Amos or Choir album.

If you were to approach your CD collection and pause for a moment, would you think about listening to a DA or Choir album? Do you think, "Nah, I've heard that a million times" or "Cool, Mr. Buechner! I haven't heard that one in a while." or "Nah, their bass player thinks he's so much better than me"?

I'm just curious how a musician would approach his own music as a listener (if at all).
10-29-2004 12:12 Bryan is offline Send an Email to Bryan Search for Posts by Bryan Add Bryan to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Genetic Engineered Cats

Shocked Shocked

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-29-2004 12:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

RE: Hey Tim Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
except for that damb ccm loving lur-king... Mad
Tongue

Big Grin I wonder if Jars of Clay would cover...
the Violent Femmes - "Kiss Off" Tongue

10-29-2004 12:13 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Good question. I heard Brian Duncan once say that he only listened to himself. Big Grin again, good question Tongue

10-29-2004 12:14 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Brian Duncan...hehe. He seems to have a good sense of humor.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-29-2004 12:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Brian Duncan...hehe. He seems to have a good sense of humor.

I never could get into his music though Big Grin

10-29-2004 12:21 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
Good question. I heard Brian Duncan once say that he only listened to himself. Big Grin again, good question Tongue

If that's true, how come he doesn't sound more like Prince??? Confused Confused Confused

Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
10-29-2004 12:24 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Joey T. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I haven't been able to use the DADL in forever and don't receive threads any longer. Something went screwy with it and even re-subscribing didn't fix the problem.

At any rate, perhaps you can post the info. Here it is:

AAR CHRISTMAS PARTY
Saturday, December 11th, 7:00 PM
Sterling Drive Church
558 Sterling Drive
Bellingham WA

360-734-7851

Last year the whole "it's in Seattle" thing caused a great deal of confusion. Thankx for drawing attention to it--nip this sucker in the nibbs! Tongue
10-29-2004 12:27 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler

quote:
I'm just curious how a musician would approach his own music as a listener (if at all).

Bryan --

that's a really great question, one that i've wondered about some of the people that i'm a fan of.

a lot of people (not in da, and i won't mention names) claim to never listen again to something that they've done, once they're done with it.

there are a lot of things that i've played on that i won't listen to again, but i'm still such a fan (sorry if that sounds stupid) of what terry/da do, and of (sorry carl) the choir stuff, that once in a while i will pull something out to listen to, especially if it was someone else's song and all i did was play bass on it. but even at that, i guess, not very often.

((i really do love to hear something new!))
10-29-2004 12:32 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Cool

10-29-2004 12:38 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
there are a lot of things that i've played on that i won't listen to again.... that sounds stupid.... of (sorry carl) the choir stuff....

No, no, tim, that's quite OK. Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
10-29-2004 12:52 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Bryan Bryan is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 11-13-2002

quote:
quote:

Bryan --

that's a really great question, one that i've wondered about some of the people that i'm a fan of.

a lot of people (not in da, and i won't mention names) claim to never listen again to something that they've done, once they're done with it.

there are a lot of things that i've played on that i won't listen to again, but i'm still such a fan (sorry if that sounds stupid) of what terry/da do, and of (sorry carl) the choir stuff, that once in a while i will pull something out to listen to, especially if it was someone else's song and all i did was play bass on it. but even at that, i guess, not very often.

((i really do love to hear something new!))

Thanks!

Cool
10-29-2004 13:06 Bryan is offline Send an Email to Bryan Search for Posts by Bryan Add Bryan to your Buddy List
El Diablo
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-457.gif

Registration Date: 12-15-2002
Location: most of you wouldn't know God if you saw him walking down the street in a green robe.... Kenneth Copeland

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i am not a lurker..... Red Face

10-29-2004 13:16 El Diablo is offline Send an Email to El Diablo Search for Posts by El Diablo Add El Diablo to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

How many of Joey's alter egos is he going to get out today Red Face

10-29-2004 13:25 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Genetic Engineered Cats

Shocked Shocked

I posted that in the dump as $3500 ... Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-29-2004 13:27 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Hey tim! Sorry you're gone already.

I think what is wrong with your cats is they have OD'd on bad country music and CCM that abounds in the Nashville scene that has damaged their genes. It's like a dog whistle or something. They can hear it all the time even when your family can't.

Are you sure you really live near Nashville and Berger lives in Lubbock - he's damaged for sure! He's one strange cat! Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-29-2004 13:29 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
Hey tim! Sorry you're gone already.

I think what is wrong with your cats is they have OD'd on bad country music and CCM that abounds in the Nashville scene that has damaged their genes. It's like a dog whistle or something. They can hear it all the time even when your family can't.

Are you sure you really live near Nashville and Berger lives in Lubbock - he's damaged for sure! He's one strange cat! Big Grin

You are on to something!!! I had not thought of that Shocked

10-29-2004 13:31 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » lurkers

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH