Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Wilco » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Wilco
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
anne
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey bigdork,
wilco's supposed to play on letterman tues april 30th (which sort of happens to be today). if my tv got any channels, I would watch it. but instead, i pass the opportunity on to you... *dramatic bow & flourish*
Smile

04-29-2002 23:14 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OK, 2 most popular hits on Morpheus downloading now.... I'll report later. Cool

04-30-2002 00:37 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by anne
hey bigdork,
wilco's supposed to play on letterman tues april 30th (which sort of happens to be today). if my tv got any channels, I would watch it. but instead, i pass the opportunity on to you... *dramatic bow & flourish*
Smile

I'll try to remember to watch it, thanks
BD

04-30-2002 12:48 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Dr Rich

quote:
hey don't feel like a Loser, joey t. the only wilco ive ever heard is...
YANKEE HOTEL FOXTROT.

and i really love it. so now i'll have to back up and get some of their earlier stuff when i can. YHF is a dem fine place to start if you're unacquainted (like i was).

ah the concert thursday night... if i go, dr rich, im afraid i'll be cursing your llamaic advice during my stats final on friday. on the other hand, if i don't go, i'll only have myself to curse, which is always less fun.

i'll let you know if i end up going (you know, so i can rub it in Wink )!

Ya I am already jealous!

04-30-2002 17:58 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
hey bigdork,
Smile

wow... so late... so tempted...

04-30-2002 17:59 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

The 2 songs I d/l sounded pretty good. Kinda similar to HD era DA.... Gotta set Letterman to tape too before I go to bed. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

05-01-2002 00:32 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
The 2 songs I d/l sounded pretty good. Kinda similar to HD era DA.... Gotta set Letterman to tape too before I go to bed. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I stayed up and taped it... "war on war" good song. That one fit in there with MBD I think.

05-01-2002 16:50 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

I posted this on another thread, but now I can't find it.

DR RICH HAS TAKEN OVER THE DAMB.

It looks like a revolution to me...

but then again, who am I?

I found Wilco at NPR.org and there's a bunch of cool real audio clips you can listen to there.

Wilco at NPR

Cheers!
Gus

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

05-08-2002 17:44 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Kaf-N-8ed

I found Wilco at NPR.org and there's a bunch of cool real audio clips you can listen to there.

Wilco at NPR

Cheers!
Gus

Gus... I think you posted it on "War on War"
Wink
Whose your hero? It's me... right? Wink

05-08-2002 19:17 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I just went to that link... it's awesome! Thanks! Did you listen to the Uncle Tupelo review as well? That's Tweedy's old band and they are something special as well. If you have not heard that one go on back and check it out!
You can also hear Uncle Tupelo's cover of the Carter Family Song "No Depression" As well as the carter family's version Big Grin

05-08-2002 19:40 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Originally posted by Kaf-N-8ed

Wilco at NPR

Cheers!
Gus

Gus... I think you posted it on "War on War"
Wink
Whose your hero? It's me... right? Wink

after going to that link you are my hero Wink

05-08-2002 19:40 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

np: wilco stuff from NPR

thanks for the link....nice stuff.
Bd

05-08-2002 22:09 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
hey bigdork,
instead, i pass the opportunity on to you... *dramatic bow & flourish*
Smile

this part cracks me up everytime I see it Smile )

05-09-2002 17:06 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I finally bought Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot about 2 months ago. I like it.

08-24-2002 19:18 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Terry talks about liking Wilco in the interview on WEWH Big Grin

08-25-2002 14:28 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Uncle Ralph
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-608.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2002
Location: "I intend to live forever - so far, so good." Steven Wright

the Jeff Tweedy soundtrack CD is great!

08-25-2002 15:12 Uncle Ralph is offline Send an Email to Uncle Ralph Search for Posts by Uncle Ralph Add Uncle Ralph to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
Terry talks about liking Wilco in the interview on WEWH Big Grin

Yes, that's what made me decide to go ahead and get it. I knew of the album when their original record company didn't want to release it.

08-25-2002 17:41 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

At first Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I thought Yankee was a let down after Summer Teethm which is amazing, but lately I've been listening to it a lot and realize it is also amazing. I likes all of their stuff, Jeff Tweedy soundtrack? is that from the movie that's out now? Just curious. I'll have to get it if it is a new thing. BTW has anyone seen I Am Trying to Break Your Heart yet. It's coming to Madison on Sept. 20th. I am going to go see it. It's going to be in a nice old fashioned movie house so it should be very cool.
Lucy
PS Thanks Dr. for turning me on to Wilco!
08-26-2002 14:49 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Lucy
I thought Yankee was a let down after Summer Teethm which is amazing, but lately I've been listening to it a lot and realize it is also amazing. I likes all of their stuff, Jeff Tweedy soundtrack? is that from the movie that's out now? Just curious. I'll have to get it if it is a new thing. BTW has anyone seen I Am Trying to Break Your Heart yet. It's coming to Madison on Sept. 20th. I am going to go see it. It's going to be in a nice old fashioned movie house so it should be very cool.
Lucy
PS Thanks Dr. for turning me on to Wilco!

and thanks from me too doc! Smile )

I've really enjoyed YFT over the past weeks

BD

08-26-2002 17:59 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

So far I have only heard YHF. What do ya'll think of the other Wilco albums?

08-26-2002 18:01 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Wilco

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH