Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? 4 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.004 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Berger Roy Al
--GKK!! (cough) Where am I?

Ok, I've told this before but since you keep asking, I'll keep telling. Years ago, I thought I was playing in Terry's band but made a mistake and (in actuality) ended up accidently playing for Brian Duncan for 26 years.

One night I went to see Terry's band play and when I realized that I wasn't onstage playing in his band, that's when I realized my mistake gk!

I loved Sweet Comfort Band........didn't Bryan Duncan play with them for awhile?

12-16-2004 15:05 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
........didn't Bryan Duncan play with them for awhile?

No, actually that was Byron Duncan. Just like I said in my last post.

(Haha! Evidently, Driver8 isn't paying attention.)

12-16-2004 15:18 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Berger Roy Al
quote:
........didn't Bryan Duncan play with them for awhile?

No, actually that was Byron Duncan. Just like I said in my last post.

(Haha! Evidently, Driver8 isn't paying attention.)

LOL

Yeah my spotter called in sick so I'm Driving Blind out here Tongue

12-16-2004 15:39 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

I read the review published in HRS and was intrigued. This did not sound like any Christian music I had ever heard of before. It seemed the guy who write the review was having a tough time coming to grips with the record. A few months later I bought a cassette copy of it at the local Christian bookstore in Brainerd. (I also bought the Petra release "On Fire." Shocked ) It took me some time to get used to DFBB. I got into the Swirling Eddies for some time before I found out they were more or less DA. I also bought Scatred Few's Sin Disease record (on tape) and saw it was produced by Terry and he even wrote some liner notes for it. I got FS and then Vox Humana and Shotgun Angel along with Alarama, DG and the solo terry stuff. Bought Kalhoun when it came out and motorcyle and then was not into DA for a few years. I bought John Wayne and VH (on CD) and DA's greatest hits deal, that got me back into DA again. Been posting on the message board for about four years.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 12-16-2004 18:48.

12-16-2004 18:47 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
Been posting on the message board for about four years.

my goodness, has it been that long! Shocked
that's so weird.... i feel like i know you, and have only spoken by phone once, and never met in person....... i'm sure glad this board is here! Smile )

Cool
12-16-2004 19:17 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Yeah, weird, eh?

It seems like at some point we will hook up and some kind of DA or Cornerstone thing.

Maybe I should just hop in the truck and start driving! Pleased

12-16-2004 19:19 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

start driving now and we can meet in l.a. for the d.a.s. goth Christmas on sunday! Pleased

Cool
12-16-2004 19:23 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Who's Terry Taylor? I'm here because I like that Daniel Amos guy! Tongue

12-16-2004 20:39 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Chris Estey Chris Estey is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 12-13-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Chris Estey
Good ol' Danny Amos ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Chris....

How about having someone at Bandoppler review the latest Lost Dogs record I sent you guys back in June? Did it ever make it, or did the postman help himself?

jeffrey k. "

Whoops! Sorry, Jeffrey, I wasn't aware you sent it to us, but then I'm not in charge of the PMB and don't see everything that comes in for review. It may have been assigned by my publisher to someone else who never turned a review in. (I'm editor-in-chief of our print magazine, but as we don't run reviews in the mag itself but only on the website ... okay, this is more than anyone really needs explained, I guess). Bottom line is, I did review "Mutt" -- for HM Magazine, freelance, but hadn't noticed that BD got one too. I have the feeling BD's publisher meant to review it himself, but he is ironically one of the reviewers who gets things in last, and as the months go by ...

Again, sorry. "Mutt" rocked though, I loved it, and I hope the HM review helped ... maybe I'll dig it back out and review it for the BD site. Are you still actively promoting it?

peace,

chris

12-17-2004 04:03 Chris Estey is offline Send an Email to Chris Estey Homepage of Chris Estey Search for Posts by Chris Estey Add Chris Estey to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

RE: How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The first two threads every new poster starts in here are, Which is your favorite Alarma album? and How Did You Hear About Them?
12-17-2004 11:06 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

RE: Good ol' Danny Amos ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Estey
"Chris....

How about having someone at Bandoppler review the latest Lost Dogs record I sent you guys back in June? Did it ever make it, or did the postman help himself?

jeffrey k. "

Whoops! Sorry, Jeffrey, I wasn't aware you sent it to us, but then I'm not in charge of the PMB and don't see everything that comes in for review. It may have been assigned by my publisher to someone else who never turned a review in. (I'm editor-in-chief of our print magazine, but as we don't run reviews in the mag itself but only on the website ... okay, this is more than anyone really needs explained, I guess). Bottom line is, I did review "Mutt" -- for HM Magazine, freelance, but hadn't noticed that BD got one too. I have the feeling BD's publisher meant to review it himself, but he is ironically one of the reviewers who gets things in last, and as the months go by ...

Again, sorry. "Mutt" rocked though, I loved it, and I hope the HM review helped ... maybe I'll dig it back out and review it for the BD site. Are you still actively promoting it?

peace,

chris

Tongue Tongue Tongue

12-17-2004 11:24 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Dennis only started posting here cuz I did
or I only started posting here cuz Dennis did...
or..

actually it was a lil weird- I first visited the main DA site and found about the Avacado Faultine Tour in Falcon Heights MN..(Nov 6, 2000 -and went down with my son..) to see an "old CCM hero of ours"

sat in a "living room" full of people ,
most I've come to know dearly since..and at least one has passed on to glory (Dave S)
but I ne'r said peeps to any of ya back then....

I did have two words with Terry b4 the show- asked for and got an autograph...
(I didnt know he'd let us all line up afterward if we wanted too....)

and well -
the rest is DAMB history!

Now I'm the obnoxiouos, stubborn, cantankerous old gaffer who's goal in life is to make you all a little less stupider!

jist bein me.........

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-17-2004 12:04 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

quote:
Yeah, weird, eh?

It seems like at some point we will hook up and some kind of DA or Cornerstone thing.

hey, can I COME WITH?????

And I'll bet Wes would like to come with, too!

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

12-17-2004 14:15 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

Now I'm the obnoxiouos, stubborn, cantankerous old gaffer who's goal in life is to make you all a little less stupider!

jist bein me.........

OLD GAFFER is right Smile

and don't you know that Boys go to Jupiter to get more Stupider?

Girls go to Venus to get more..............

oh, never mind Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

12-17-2004 14:19 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Shocked

12-17-2004 14:30 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

RE: Good ol' Danny Amos ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Estey

peace,

chris

Yeah.....the record is still selling, and it would be great if sites that promote faith and mainstream indie could get behind the band and show some love....especially since (in the faith world) most of these indie bands wouldn't be here today unless Mike, Terry, and Derri would have paved the way....and I doubt they know it.

Anything you could do would be great....and if you aim folks over to www.thelostdogs.com/store/ to purchase the record, that would be great too....

all my best...

jeffrey k.

12-18-2004 06:06 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Bulldog Bulldog is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

1977 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Back in 1977. Their first album and I was hooked. I liked them even more after HD and Alarma!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Bulldog: 12-18-2004 08:45.

12-18-2004 08:45 Bulldog is offline Send an Email to Bulldog Search for Posts by Bulldog Add Bulldog to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

i can echo everything Bulldog said.

12-18-2004 18:06 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Uncle Ralph
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-608.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2002
Location: "I intend to live forever - so far, so good." Steven Wright

RE: How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I found him digging through my trash! Shocked

12-18-2004 20:07 Uncle Ralph is offline Send an Email to Uncle Ralph Search for Posts by Uncle Ralph Add Uncle Ralph to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Ralph
I found him digging through my trash! Shocked

dude! that was berger! Roll Eyes

12-18-2004 20:11 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » How Did YOU Discover Terry Taylor?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH