Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Neverhood with Windows XP? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Neverhood with Windows XP?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Neverhood with Windows XP? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Getting a new PC tomorrow with Windows XP. I heard that the Neverhood will not run in XP without some kind of patch or something. What do I need and how do I get it?
01-05-2005 09:02 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.tennapel.com Has a Neverhood section on their forum
that has threads just for this kind of information. I think the
link to the patch is there as well.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-05-2005 11:23 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

I could be wrong but, Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It should work fine, mine did! Pleased

01-10-2005 16:38 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mine worked without a patch, too. I just right-clicked the Neverhood.exe file and went to the Compatibility section. I think I set mine to Windows 95, but Windows 98 should work.

Half a cheer for Klaymen!

01-10-2005 20:50 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I just put the disc in and it worked! Shocked

Hip-Hip Hoo!

01-10-2005 22:46 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Same as Dennis, i just put mine in it worked in XP - no problems

01-11-2005 03:37 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Ben Ben is a male
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 06-15-2004

Where can I get the game? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I love the sound track - had it for years and just bought the new release - but I've never seen/played the game.

Anybody know where to get it?

Ben
01-11-2005 12:06 Ben is offline Send an Email to Ben Search for Posts by Ben Add Ben to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

RE: Where can I get the game? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ben
I love the sound track - had it for years and just bought the new release - but I've never seen/played the game.

Anybody know where to get it?

I'll sell you my copy for $100

Tongue

you can check ebay, but I haven't seen it for a long time there.... of course it's probably there right now since I said it wont be there.

Roll Eyes
01-11-2005 15:15 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

RE: I could be wrong but, Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't have the game but I've heard the issue with XP is not that you can't play Neverhood, but that you can't save a game to continue from that point on at a later time. There are some ways around that though, which can be found on the internet.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Pfiagra: 01-11-2005 15:24.

01-11-2005 15:23 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

RE: I could be wrong but, Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Pfiagra
I don't have the game but I've heard the issue with XP is not that you can't play Neverhood, but that you can't save a game to continue from that point on at a later time. There are some ways around that though, which can be found on the internet.

I had no problem at all saving and continuing a game in XP....

01-11-2005 15:48 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

no, no problems at all. a buddy of mine at work saved the whole game, the entire contents of the disc into his winows XP computer. worked like a charm.

01-11-2005 15:53 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
PuP

I had no trouble saving games.

As for the rest of you... You have to use the compatibility mode! Why?

Because it's there!

Tongue
(I just gots to push all the buttons on my computer at least once!)

01-12-2005 00:11 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

My apologies on the mis-information re: playability with XP.

(Maybe it was problems with Win2K that I recall reading about?)

In any case, I wish to confirm that it works fine with XP, so if anyone would care to send me their Neverhood CD-ROM for free, send it to...

Neverhad D. Neverhood
Not-So-Easy Street
Poorman's City, Sad State 00000

01-13-2005 12:30 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

We use XP and the only way it worked for us was to
copy all the files to a directory and use the patch. Who
knows it maybe some weird variable that only affects
some people. Maybe even multiple 'versions' of the game
having been released, some with a few bugs fixed or whatever.

01-13-2005 12:54 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

That could be! Confused

01-13-2005 15:59 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
PuP

As a public service, here's the Microsoft Knowledge Base article on the Neverhood.

Apparently, obscure clues are "content errors". So now I feel better about having troubles figuring some puzzles out!

05-22-2008 10:33 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
I just put the disc in and it worked! Shocked

Hip-Hip Hoo!

Cool

05-22-2008 21:12 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Neverhood with Windows XP?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH