Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - The Making of Buechners (DVD) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (19): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 10 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA - The Making of Buechners (DVD) 22 Votes - Average Rating: 9.1822 Votes - Average Rating: 9.1822 Votes - Average Rating: 9.1822 Votes - Average Rating: 9.18
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
eddie p eddie p is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 09-30-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
btw--yre one funny Pedro there Ed..

and I cant wait til the BDDVD either also as well until when..

I do my best Jimbo

04-20-2005 20:50 eddie p is offline Send an Email to eddie p Search for Posts by eddie p Add eddie p to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We've been working on the DVd the last two days, I think I have
the menu screen finished. It looks a lot better than the one we
last sent the band.

04-21-2005 07:06 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

thanks guys, and thanks for humouring all the questions, i know we're customers and we're always right, but that doesn't mean we're not ugly too!

04-21-2005 21:56 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
btw--yre one funny Pedro there Ed..

and I cant wait til the BDDVD either also as well until when..

I'm pretty sure BDDVD has been used before Red Face

you'll have to call it something else Tongue
04-22-2005 08:41 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

i think this release rates as my most wanted for '04-'05...

~f

dit, dit, doo
04-22-2005 09:31 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah.

We are very, very close I think to finally printing a master.
I would love to have this in print in the next few weeks.

04-22-2005 09:32 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

wow that would be FAN-DAmb-tastic!!

cool.

whenever - I will sit staring at my tee vee with wild abandon as the Beuchner dream develops, is recorded for posterity and shared with the rabid fans...

~f

dit, dit, doo
04-22-2005 10:32 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Yeah we would actually like to get what we think will be the
master of disc finished this weekend and get it off to the band
for review. Then of course manufacture.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-22-2005 11:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Yeah we would actually like to get what we think will be the
master of disc finished this weekend and get it off to the band
for review. Then of course manufacture.

don't forget to send me a copy for "review" too.
04-22-2005 11:29 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Do you have a television mounted on your ceiling, El, that you can view the DVD?

04-22-2005 14:56 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Toque Boy Toque Boy is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 12-08-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Do you have a television mounted on your ceiling, my lil' El, that you can view the DVD?

Maybe Eleanor is able to use mirrors. Big Grin
04-22-2005 23:00 Toque Boy is offline Send an Email to Toque Boy Search for Posts by Toque Boy Add Toque Boy to your Buddy List
Administrator

The bands copy will go out today, we think unless they want
something changed its done. Ed will be doing the packaging artwork,
and then it takes a couple weeks to manufacture.

And then there will be huge collective sigh of relief.

06-03-2005 09:54 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I can't wait.

06-03-2005 10:02 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

yes you can...

cuz you HAVE TO!

though I can't wait either.....

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-03-2005 14:31 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J

And then there will be huge collective sigh of relief.

Except from our credit cards, they will let out more of a squek...

06-03-2005 16:25 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Administrator

I think people will like it, we tried to make it an interesting documentary to watch. Tried to use the best footage. And we went to quite a bit of trouble reorganizing the randomly shot footage into sections that make sense. For example there is a scene of Tim recording the bass part to a song, then another with Greg doing keyboards and another with Greg doing guitar parts. Originally on the tapes they were separated, but placed together it gives you a sense of the layers for that song.

Another section we actually start a song with a demo, mix into a studio rough version, mix into a part Greg is recording, mix into the actually finished song. Its pretty interesting to see the progression.

Most of the work we did was this kind of thing, making sense of the 9 hours or so of random footage. Some of it is strategically placed to segway into the next scene. Intermingled with the interviews and a few 'skits' or jokes.

We tried to have a representation of various elements, such as the other people that were very helpful to the project, and the Green Room and "studio" aka "Ed's House."

Can't wait to see what Ed comes up with for the packaging. If the guys are happy with the whole thing as it is we will get started printing soon. If not, currently I have the full rendered video on PC and could make changes as needed pretty quick.

Will be interesting to see what people think.

06-06-2005 12:19 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Administrator

The band should be recieving the 'new' version I would assume.
We sent it out a few days ago. Not a huge amount has been
changed, more interview clips added, and a new menu and a
couple parts had some clips rearranged.

06-08-2005 14:03 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

It's never coming out. Right?
06-08-2005 22:23 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
Administrator

Ed said he'd have arwork for us to look over by Friday.. as soon as the band gives us the thumbs up on everything else, we'll be off to the manufacturer.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-08-2005 23:26 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

The artwork is nearly finished... just making some minor text corrections/changes. Once all of the guys have had a chance to see the video and if everything is ok with them, we'll be off to the manufacturer.

It's getting there.. very, very close...

06-10-2005 05:43 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (19): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 10 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - The Making of Buechners (DVD)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH