Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » making of MBD confession » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page making of MBD confession
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

making of MBD confession Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hi friends -- another friday!

anyway, i was looking at the latest version of the "making of MBD" sent by the hard working audioris, and i realized that i said something misleading which you'll hear when it's soon released.

during an "interview" segment, i said something about terry bringing his initial 30 song ideas, and that between greg and i, we had 10. this makes it sound like i had 5 and greg had 5. that's not true. what i should've said was that between terry and greg, they had 37 and i brought my usual 3. terry credited the entire band with the music on all the MBD songs because we all kinda try to bring something to them, and he was being very gracious. but the initial starting song ideas were: terry-30 or so, greg-7 or 8, me-3. (if the next da record has 85 or 9 songs, i'm good for my usual 3. MR. Prolific, i'm not.)

i'm saying this because, as i've said elsewhere, terry, of course, absolutely drives the overall sound and direction of the band and greg is probably the most underrated musician i've known or known of in my life. (for instance, "author of the story" and "joel" were entirely greg's. he had the entire chord structure and vocal melody when he brought them and
he even gave me the bass part on the bridge of "author..."

just credit where credit is due.
05-20-2005 10:42 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mighty nice of you there, Mr. C

(isn't that what Fonzy called Richy's dad??)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

05-20-2005 10:45 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pleased I can't wait for the dVD Tongue

05-20-2005 10:47 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler

hi Woggy and dorfsmith.

hey, i guess i *am* as old as mr. cunningham!
05-20-2005 10:49 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I love Greg's choatic playing.

I love the guitar part on "Sudden Heaven." Smile )

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 05-20-2005 10:51.

05-20-2005 10:50 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hey there, Dr. -- yeah, Greg's a killer.
05-20-2005 10:53 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Hi Tim!

As long as I am my "what I love about DA mode:"
I love the bass line for "My Frontier." Pleased

05-20-2005 10:55 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

thanks, man
05-20-2005 10:57 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
hi Woggy and dorfsmith.

Hi Tim Cool

05-20-2005 10:57 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

You are mr. cunningham! Pleased

05-20-2005 11:00 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

good lord, i don't have to go home to Marion every night, do i?!
05-20-2005 11:03 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hi there, DaLe -- didn't think i could see ya, did ya. Smile
05-20-2005 11:04 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
good lord, i don't have to go home to Marion every night, do i?!

Tongue LOL! Tongue

How was your day at the Hardware Store?

05-20-2005 11:07 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

Fonzie stole $9500 worth of power tools.
05-20-2005 11:08 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Anything to keep him from jumping over anymore Sharks! Tongue

05-20-2005 11:17 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:

You are mr. cunningham! Pleased

He reminds me more of THE FONZ Smile

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

05-20-2005 12:21 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Guido Martinez Guido Martinez is a male
Normal Noggin

RE: making of MBD confession Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have a few confessions of my own...

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Guido Martinez: 05-20-2005 12:33.

05-20-2005 12:25 Guido Martinez is offline Send an Email to Guido Martinez Homepage of Guido Martinez Search for Posts by Guido Martinez Add Guido Martinez to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Guido Martinez: None YIM Account Name of Guido Martinez: None
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Mr C
thx for the honesty..this will be one great outing!

Viva La DA!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-20-2005 12:31 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Tim
are you accompanying the Choir when they play C-stone this year?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-20-2005 12:57 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hi Jiminy--

unfortunately, i'm not going to be able to make it this year because of my workload on my day job. Confused
05-20-2005 13:51 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » making of MBD confession

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH