Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Cornerstone 2005 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cornerstone 2005
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
For those of you going to Bushnell, have a good time, and try to not sweat too much

I think it goes along with breathing down there........

BUT - dippin dots to the rescue!!!!!!!

The first time I had Dippin Dots was 9 1/2 years ago when MF and I went to Kennedy Space Center in Florida with our friends that lived about an hour from there at the time.

Now they have them at the mall and my children beg me to get them everytime we go to the mall. Big Grin

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
06-23-2005 16:03 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Jolly Pawn
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 06-23-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

me want dippin' dots..............

06-23-2005 16:08 Jolly Pawn is offline Send an Email to Jolly Pawn Search for Posts by Jolly Pawn Add Jolly Pawn to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Go here:

Smile
06-23-2005 16:18 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
luthien1121 luthien1121 is a female
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 06-19-2003

I must admit I don't quite understand the concept of Dippin' Dots. We just got our first mall kiosks in the last year or so and I've not tried them yet.

06-23-2005 16:52 luthien1121 is offline Send an Email to luthien1121 Homepage of luthien1121 Search for Posts by luthien1121 Add luthien1121 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of luthien1121: luthien1013
Sublime Brain Puppet

However, sweatin' at Cornerstone *is* something I've had the (dubious) pleasure of doing once with my other #bannerman IRC friends in '02. I camped out all day on the hottest day in the Silent Planet tent to see Lost Dogs and Ping and others. I had honest-to-goodness saddle sores after that! It was awful and wonderful at the same time. That weather nearly killed this Oregon native, and I doubt I'll ever go again. Glad I went at least once, though!

06-23-2005 16:59 luthien1121 is offline Send an Email to luthien1121 Homepage of luthien1121 Search for Posts by luthien1121 Add luthien1121 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of luthien1121: luthien1013
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by luthien1121
However, sweatin' at Cornerstone *is* something I've had the (dubious) pleasure of doing once with my other #bannerman IRC friends in '02. I camped out all day on the hottest day in the Silent Planet tent to see Lost Dogs and Ping and others. I had honest-to-goodness saddle sores after that! It was awful and wonderful at the same time. That weather nearly killed this Oregon native, and I doubt I'll ever go again. Glad I went at least once, though!

.Imagine living in that scorching heat all summer without air conditioning. Red Face That was my life growing up in central Illinois. I was so used to the heat that when I got married, my husband about froze me to death in the a/c. Now I can hardly go without it. Big Grin

Smile
06-23-2005 17:03 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Sublime Brain Puppet

hehe

Yes, I suppose it might not be so bad if you'd grown up with it. But how quickly we get used to our creature-comforts!

06-23-2005 17:06 luthien1121 is offline Send an Email to luthien1121 Homepage of luthien1121 Search for Posts by luthien1121 Add luthien1121 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of luthien1121: luthien1013
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

I don't think dippin' dots are all that great.

Breyer's vanilla bean or coffee flavors are the best!

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-24-2005 11:22 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Sad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i am still not going...... Red Face

Cool
06-24-2005 12:13 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I've only tried dippin dots a few times..at an amusement park ..they seem to work on ahot day..
but nuttin beats H20

I dunno if I'd like them in a mall.

i'd eat them in a field
as my skin is being peeled
by that ultruviolet sun
while my tongue is going numb!

(and course, I'm on me bum.)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 06-24-2005 12:35.

06-24-2005 12:34 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
I've only tried dippin dots a few times..at an amusement park ..they seem to work on ahot day..
but nuttin beats H20

i'd eat them in a field
by that ultruviolet sun

LOL! Big Grin

That's great Dr. Cricket!

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-24-2005 15:08 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
but nuttin beats H20

i'd eat them in a field
by that ultruviolet sun

LOL! Big Grin

That's great Dr. Cricket!

So if writing a little ditty makes you a dr., then you must be Dr. Fan Tongue Wink

Smile
06-24-2005 20:29 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

It's gettin' closer...........

just ONE more day 'til we head out......................meet up with Commander Cote and off we go on Thursday............

Hope Baxter is workin' on those biscuits Smile

ANd the weather forecast for Friday (the day we're spending in Bushnell) is about as perfect as it could get - 82 and sunny, with lower humidity Smile

YIPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

06-28-2005 13:05 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I just had dippin' dots for the first time last Saturday! Cool
Very good! Pleased

06-28-2005 15:34 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Sad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by joey
i am still not going...... Red Face

Crying

Cool
06-28-2005 17:27 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Me either! Shocked

06-28-2005 18:17 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
Me either! Shocked

But just 19 more days till the Dogs come to Asheville. Pleased

Smile
06-28-2005 19:09 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thread Starter Thread Started by DaLe

Commander Cote, jiminy Cricket, the Polly Woggy & a little Cricket...
Called me about Noon time to say they were thinking of me Roll Eyes
as they were rolling down the road to Cstone... Tongue Friends...

06-30-2005 15:09 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

CStone n my heart-

I only have a few minutes to convey a world of things-
but Commander Cody is one VERY COOL brother- (as if you didnt know)
to be my mentor and guide at what was one of the strangest (and beautiful) gatherings of Bros and Sis's I will ever see.

I want to get count somewhere - but let me say there were folks big, small ,short, tall, mohawk hair, no hair, most with great hair ( that Derri) and a beutifully warm - but dusty- day to see some powerful tunage-as the kids say.

The Dear Dogs- though short in set (about an hour and ten) were tight as a hildalong percussion instrumnt- thogh Mike was still battling Pluresy..(he ws a bit held back on his singing..he made up for it in six string rips.
Mike did greaet and sign some thigs for any who desired, but he took an earlier exit to relax..much needed.
Terry was his congenial self, and the banter onstage was unusually consise and like an axe!

more lata..

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-03-2005 13:13 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

AN experience Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

All I can say is WOW..........it was an adventure and a half. I agree with everything JimIny said, and would add my impressions:

it was a city in and of itself - tents and RV's and people everywhere - it would be cool to get a count.

Christians of all stripes, sizes, demeanors, dress, and wonderfulness.

A spirit of freedom and independence abounded - I loved seeing the kids and fashions and hairdoes and AGES - from the very young to the very senior - all enjoying what appealed to their hearts and spirits.

Had a moment or two (or more) of revelation - young men picking through the garbage for something to eat, young women dressed in very inappropriate immodesty (and not apologizing for it for a moment, thank you very much!), a very punky rock group with a GIRL lead singer (threw us all for a loop Smile ), music coming from roadside bands set up on a spur of the moment, dust-bowl winds that literally took your breath away, preaching from Glen Kaiser than hit at the VERY HEART of what being a Christian is all about.

Wonderful music from Jan Krist (one of her songs had me in big crocodile tears), AndrewWesley (fun, fun, fun, and TOO cute all rolled up in an energetic ball of fire), THE DOGS (their set went too, too fast and was melodic beyond anything I've heard from them......tight, tight harmonies, even with Mike's pleurisy plaguing him.........SO enjoyable), packed house for Violet Burning (interesting, hauntingly beautiful music), amazing music from The Choir (I gained a new respect for this group.........), Glen Kaiser Band (ooo, fun - and moments of pure spiritual clarity from Glen), The Crossing (Celtic coolness in a funky group of free spirits).

It was a whirlwind of a 3-day adventure......and I'd do it again tomorrow!!!

THANKS to Commander Cote for his endearing and lovely spirit - the drive and the cameraderie were splendid!

THANKS to my brother and his son - who took good care of this 'old lady', even when she had a spell of heat exhaustion and wandering wackiness..........the cooldown was much needed, and it worked Smile

THANKS to all of the marvelous folks we met and chatted with - what an eclectic group God's people really are Smile

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

07-03-2005 14:09 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Cornerstone 2005

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH