Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Cornerstone 2005 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cornerstone 2005
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

RE: AN experience Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
young women dressed in very inappropriate immodesty (and not apologizing for it for a moment, thank you very much!)

I warned you about the Christian mud wrestlers Smile )

07-03-2005 15:51 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

RE: AN experience Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

JiMiNy, Woggy, Colllin

I could not have had a better group to go down to Cornerstone with. You guys sure made the trip down quick. You also picked the perfect year to go down weatherwise, it was gorgeous! Even though we were only there a day, it was one of the most enjoyable days at Cornerstone I ever had. I'm glad you all made it home safe and sound. Let's do it again sometime.........
Commander
07-03-2005 16:36 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So what bands did you see commander?

07-03-2005 16:43 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Basically the same as my comrades, except Jan Krist. I seen Andrew Wesley, The Crossing, Glenn Kaiser, Violet Burning, The Lost Dogs (2 times in 5 days), and The Choir. I also ran into some friends I hadn't seen in a couple of years, especially my good and dear friend Brian Healy of DAS.
07-03-2005 16:58 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

I like all those bands Pleased Wish I could have been there.

07-04-2005 01:12 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Okay, now that I've recovered from the road trip, I have a few other observations:

Met a bunch o'people who were there to see the Dogs, too, and mentioned THIS message board........any newbies here yet?

It was nifty to meet Jason & Eric - HI guys Smile Did you have fun in the dust-bowl??

SPECIAL thanks to Dr. Tony Shore!!!! He's the coolest of the Cool! Check out his latest venture:
http://www.savethecd.com/main.html

And HI to Jack Knight! Come on back now, ya hear??

Recommendation - GET GASOLINE before your little red light comes on.......we were running on fumes for a while there (Thank You, Lord, for keeping us going!)

Hey, Bereal - I got a few pics of Derry, just for you. Will try to post some when I get the disc..............I hate him for that hair! It's prettier than mine Smile

When's the last time you did a little jig? Ask JimIny...................

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

07-05-2005 12:11 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I think Joe skipped Bloodline Calligraphy..
OMG- did they rip the top off the tent!

Got some pics (more on the way wog?) and will try to forward them to some good Poster dude person.

For those of you who can--GO SEE THE BOYS!

It was so funny..I was waiting in the sideline to stroke my ego by talkin to Terry, and I mentioned how good "the boys" were.
A lady of about 60 (or so) turned over her shoulder." Are you old enough to call them the Boys? - cuz thats what we've called them for years"
Such faithful fans and folks..I met another dear couple..their daughter was a good friend of Genes (didnt find out where they were from)..but we chatted throughout the quiet moments in between..(must have been grandparents I would think) but He was rockin through the Choir..and the VB was one of HER favorite groups..plus he bought the Anaheim DVD, amongst other things .."Ohh - I dont buy on line stuff, but I saw this on the site since it first came out. Is this Vox Humana era?"
He also mentioned that the Dogs are "Our answer to the Traveling Wilburys"

It throttles the mind....

FREAK!- were you there somewhere? ..I only saw a montage of pony tails..and couldnt git yers from the mix.

And Glen Kaiser..first time I got the honor...he STILL wakes the dead.

First time for the Choir (nah nah Carl) ..what kind, cool, and really great people (off stage too)
Dan Michaels and Steve were both impressed with my vintage CTK and WEW CDs , and Steve told me HE was honored to sign em -
How cool is that???

Tony Shore, Brian Healy, Jason and Eric (woould you guys SHUT UP now and then?..Townsend, Granpa Rock..it was just a field day of fun (in a field no less!)

Ah - hard to put to rest the lovelyness of it all,
Yer only excuse not to see the Dogs is traveling farther than we did by car..
593.44 mles one way......and worth every gallon of gas.

Big Love and Peace out-

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-05-2005 12:24 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Hehe...it was cool seeing everyone. At Cornerstone we usually
are sort of in a zombie state, entirely exhausted. Just glad the
heat wasn't even halfway what it was last year. The dust was
very, very high this year, my voice is starting to come back today.
Our little CD booth was next to Dan and Lisa Michaels again this year,
no better booth neighbors to have. For us, as I said in another thread,
the best part of Cornerstone is the fellowship with other like-minded
people. Thats what brings us back.

07-05-2005 12:38 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

Ah - hard to put to rest the lovelyness of it all,
Yer only excuse not to see the Dogs is traveling farther than we did by car..
593.44 mles one way......and worth every gallon of gas.

Big Love and Peace out-

Well you did have the bonus of seeing The Choir Wink Tongue Pleased

But I will say that the Dogs are definitely worth driving to see. Pleased

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-05-2005 12:42 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:

Hey, Bereal - I got a few pics of Derry, just for you. Will try to post some when I get the disc..............I hate him for that hair! It's prettier than mine Smile

Cool I can hardly wait! Pleased And he does have great hair! Even prettier than mine too. Tongue

Smile
07-05-2005 12:43 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

saying this in as manly a way as possible..

the guy has beautiful hair!

J and E- you were all I hoped to be..like part of the Dogs silent entourage.
Us Northernoers..well- we neer know when to shut up.

and BR- you were right..my son is quite a Dogs fan..but the Choir was his reason fer being there...and he loved it all....(well ..I tried to tell him "they will do Children of Time" - he said ..NAh - its too old..
but by golly..His eyebrows lifted at the opening strains....and their lil back up band was magnificent..I couldnt as k for more.

07-05-2005 13:10 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Smile )

Smile
07-05-2005 13:43 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

jiminy...

i twern't there...

it was a bummer but domestic responsibilities and adult rationale won out over passion and fanaticism...

my wife and I mourned our inability to steal away... sorry to have missed you.

oh and the ponytail is also history - it came off on election day... you connect the dots.

I am sorry to have missed you.

I hope that one of these days we will be able to sit in the same room and laugh and swap opinions and common and not so common experiences...

if not here... than in another time and place.

~f

dit, dit, doo
07-05-2005 15:58 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

~f

well - if you had been there and I missed you-
theres the shame.

I will not rub it in..and understand fully how these things come about.
It was strange circumstance indeed that got us there- dont know if the planets willl ever again align that way.(the day, the vacation time, the money I bbbaarreelly had- the amenities of great people..etc etc)

there'll be a time..cuz good intentions turn to gold eventually, its what Island dreams are made of - I think.

til-

07-05-2005 16:06 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

I know you've talked about the Dogs, Choir. I'm curious about Elbel, and Andrewesley? Any comments? I'm curious about them since Andrew freakin rocks, and Jeff was launching a great new album.

07-05-2005 18:04 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

AndreWesley is my new poster boy.......

he's WAY too cute Smile

Kind of a cross between Simply Red and Andrew McCarthy..........

.....is he married???? Wink

Really, now, I liked him, his music and his style, very much. JimIny and I both went "whoa"......................that boy can rock a tune!

07-05-2005 22:48 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I did not see Jeff /Ping perform - they were on Saturday. - the only downside of a short trip.
Did hear him join in on a few AW tunes - and he was the guitar hander over guy for Derri during the Choir..a mighty ministry if I may say.

Yes - I thought AW rocked, great punchy tunes..and the sound (at times) reminded me of Train.
- but not.- and not MOR- more depth. I bought his latest- and was given his 4 song EP for his upcoming (Sign this dude)..but will confes I've yet to spin them. too much music brought home (like 12 CDs or so-some of them 2 packs.!)
the drummer looked a bit like maybe Dr Loves lost cousin..but being part of LSU can do that to ya.
Chatted a bit afterward-and AW is an exciting - and excited- guy about his music.
In the vein of musicians I love most- hes good, he knows it, but doesnt need to show it.
Ya know?

07-06-2005 08:45 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

Wink just FOR YOU, Bereal Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

07-06-2005 21:36 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! RE: just FOR YOU, Bereal Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Cool Oooooh, I can hardly wait. Only 11 days left.

Derri has the best hair, and you even got Steve in that one. Tongue

Thanks for posting it. Wink

Smile
07-06-2005 22:47 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

wow. brian was there.....huh. good for him! Smile

07-09-2005 00:44 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Cornerstone 2005

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH