Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs concert reports » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs concert reports
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mountain Fan
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
btw, that one of Steve is really good too. He is interesting to watch in concert.

His facial expressions are something else! Smile

yup, he has very expressive eyes.

Well, he doesn't have eyes without a face; I think his uses his whole face.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-29-2005 19:43 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
btw, that one of Steve is really good too. He is interesting to watch in concert.

His facial expressions are something else! Smile

yup, he has very expressive eyes.

Well, he doesn't have eyes without a face; I think his uses his whole face.

Tongue

Of course, but his eyes are where most of the expression comes from. Wink

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
06-29-2005 21:58 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

all-

heading out in the morning for Bushnelland..
AM looking forward to posting thoughts..wont be till I git home, unless they have I-net koisks somewhere..

Love my Damber friends..looking forward to seein some face to face!

Look for the guy with the God Went Bowling Shirt- Me, BD, Terry and Fred gots the only ones so far I suspect.....

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-29-2005 22:22 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Have a safe trip Cricket! Hope you don't swelter in the heat too much! Big Grin Most of all, enjoy all the great music, especially the music at the gallery stage Friday night! Wink

Smile
06-29-2005 22:55 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

btw, any of you going to Cstone, you should try to stop at a store or gas station while you are in Bushnell and pick up some of these:

They are the best potato chips that will ever cross your lips. Pleased

Smile
06-29-2005 23:00 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
David Green David Green is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 07-01-2005

Innsbrook was a blowout Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well actually it was a RAINOUT. Poor Doggies. At least 5000 people standing in the rain waiting but no Dogs.

If you were there and want to see them, come Friday to Walton Park. It is a rain or shine show
07-13-2005 22:06 David Green is offline Send an Email to David Green Search for Posts by David Green Add David Green to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of David Green: cspinc1
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Anyone have setlists from any of these shows?
07-14-2005 12:08 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

5000?
07-14-2005 20:28 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

i believe thats called
"Evangelistically speaking"

07-14-2005 21:54 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

Big Grin

The youth pastor at my church is the worst at that...he seriously just picks random numbers off the top of his head for anything, especially when speaking to the congregation. Tongue
07-14-2005 23:01 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

July 14, 2005 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

7&7 is 14... july 14, 2005 was a glorious night...

The Dog's performed at the Jammin' Java in Vienna, VA - to an enthusiastic crowd and a fair sized crowd (@130-40). The dogs seemed to be road weary but happy to be inside to perform for their fans (especially after the rain out in Richmond on 7/13).

After ENDURING an openning act (it seems there is always a price to pay - if not monetary - then in some other form of equity)... the Dog's took the stage and as all have said - the vocals were tight, the schtick effortless, the quips sharp but with sly smile, and the melodies and musicianship of a standard rarely experienced. All the guys seemed to really enjoy themselves and were "in the moment." The audience roared with laughter, seemed touched by Joel, exploded with laughter and enthusiastically clapped and whopped and hollered for an encore.

The quality of this musical act can't be overstated. A testament to their musical talent, enduring friendship and years of experience... I brought two long time friends and can't tell you how impressed they were... they have talked about it in very glowing terms.

The guys although tired... came out and greeted those in attendance and spent time signing, smiling, listening and interacting.

Some new quips...

mike - on their lack of success "we have even tried to sell our souls to the devil and he wouldn't take 'em."

derri - to an over enthusiastic fan (some phreak?) who requested a tune - "when you are in a rock band you can make the set list."

terry - "there was a time we were on the top of the heap... now we are here and the heap is over there... now we are considering a name change to get back to 'mid-heap.'"

terry - introducing skinny... "steve "the whore of babylon."

mike - "we are going to hell... and enjoying every minute of the journey."

Tongue

Setlist:

If You Want To
To Cover You
Certain Love
Come Down Here (amazing!)
Startin' Monday
Free Drinks and a Dream
Sunshine Down
The Lust, the Flesh, the Eyes and the Pride of Life
Moses in the Desert
In the Distance
If You Loved Here
Bad Indigestion
Wild Ride
Why is the Devil Red

encore:
Bullet Train (within 5 miles of NRA Headquarters... seemed fitting)
Rescue Me (New Choir Tune)
Joel

~f

dit, dit, doo
07-15-2005 07:34 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

The Midlothian "Adult Swim" concert was last night, and thanks to Dave Green I was able to go see the guys and work the merch table. Their performance was, of course, amazing. There were some unfortunate sound problems (I don't think the guy running sound quite knew what he was doing). It was a different sort of show, too, as many of the folks there didn't even know who the Lost Dogs were...they just came out for the party. This made for less audience interaction/comedy stuff, but it was cool for me getting to sell people their first Lost Dogs CD after the concert. Smile )
The setlist was the same as what Freak posted for the Vienna show, except that Bullet Train was the last song of the regular set, and they sang a chorus of "money" (the one the Beatles covered) in the middle of it.
07-16-2005 11:37 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
all-

heading out in the morning for Bushnelland..
AM looking forward to posting thoughts..wont be till I git home, unless they have I-net koisks somewhere..

Love my Damber friends..looking forward to seein some face to face!

Look for the guy with the God Went Bowling Shirt- Me, BD, Terry and Fred gots the only ones so far I suspect.....

Um, not quite....

(this is my official WORK photo, by the way.... Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked )

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
07-25-2005 13:23 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

a red x??
sorry CS...
I fergot that the author of the second best version of GWB
sports 1-2.

07-25-2005 13:53 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Might be just as well.... Tongue

Lemme see if I can ship you a private copy.....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
07-25-2005 13:57 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs concert reports

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH