Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - The Making of Buechners (DVD) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (19): « first ... « previous 11 12 [13] 14 15 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA - The Making of Buechners (DVD) 22 Votes - Average Rating: 9.1822 Votes - Average Rating: 9.1822 Votes - Average Rating: 9.1822 Votes - Average Rating: 9.18
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The "Never really liked Ed" thing is based on an old
DA joke, Greg kinda explained it to us and Tim can probably
shed light on it here too, but basically its based on the fact
that everyone likes Ed. Ed is like the nicest person in the
world, so it became a joke to say "I never really liked Ed".
Its a joke just thinking of someone not liking him. The
idea is ridiculous.

We kinda combine it in the film with another joke, but the
pieces just seemed to work well that way.

There is a part in the live footage where you can see Mike and Mark
of the 77s back further in the distance of to that side of the stage.

We basically wanted this live footage on there I think its either
the first or second time Buechners songs are played live on
the Legends tour. That is the whole show too.

07-14-2005 09:58 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am flat broke right now Crying I'll try to sell something so I can order a copy.

07-14-2005 11:35 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

I think my favorite stuff from the DVD is getting to see Greg during the rehearsals and the recording process. He's such a great (and underrated)player. The stuff he was coming up with, and seemingly on the fly just floors me.

Jason and Eric, good job guys, very nice.

jeffrey k.

07-15-2005 06:51 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

I'm getting ready to watch mine right now. Pleased
07-15-2005 09:06 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
mike mike is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-15-2004

J and E - you did a great job!

Some great moments captured.

m

07-15-2005 10:01 mike is offline Send an Email to mike Homepage of mike Search for Posts by mike Add mike to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Thankyee. 90% of that credit goes to the camera crew.

07-15-2005 10:04 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

watched it last night - gave me a completely new appreciation of Greg (as Jeffrey K. mentioned)... but I just love the whole feel and the glimpse inside the green room...

Thanks a ton for the labor of love J & E!!

It is fantastic.

~f

dit, dit, doo
07-15-2005 14:30 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

me needs to get.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-15-2005 15:35 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Mine came today. It's great!

07-15-2005 22:26 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

terry taylors dream Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

(indy hindie shaking his tamborine while singing in response)

"the head....the head....the head"

07-16-2005 14:51 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Confused

i hope i will understand you, Wes, when i receive and watch this.
07-16-2005 17:39 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
Confused

i know you will. it is a very funny moment in the dvd.....where terry talks about a dream he had. Cool

07-16-2005 23:03 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
quote:
Confused

i know you will. it is a very funny moment in the dvd.....where terry talks about a dream he had. Cool

Hopefully I'll understand this after tonight when I am watching this DVD.

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-17-2005 13:15 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Jerry Davison Jerry Davison is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-30-2005

Watched it last night, rather I skimmed through it. Didn't have time to watch it all. Brought back some great memories seeing Terry behind the board in that studio. We did the first 2 JT records there. Made me miss Gene.

It was fascinating to see the casual brilliance of Terry and the guys, especially Greg who is one of the all-time greats in my book. Tim is no slouch either.

I'd say it's a must watch for hardcore DA fans, though the creative process may seem a little slower paced for some. Good job!
07-17-2005 17:50 Jerry Davison is offline Send an Email to Jerry Davison Search for Posts by Jerry Davison Add Jerry Davison to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Jerry Davison: Davie Bluff
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
quote:
Confused

Hopefully I'll understand this after tonight when I am watching this DVD.

We got the DVD, but it will be another day or two before we actually watch it.

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-17-2005 23:55 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

I can't even remember if I ordered this.

I know I pre-ordered Swirling Eddies and the Jubal disc.

Was this one a non-pre-order. Please advise.

It's been a long time since new Terry material has been found in my mailbox.

-jolly
07-18-2005 16:24 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

We never took preorders for this one. It went on sale when we had them in hand.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-18-2005 16:53 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

Looks like I need to make a purchase then!

-jolly
07-18-2005 17:05 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

quote:
Originally posted by jollyholiday
Looks like I need to make a purchase then!

-jolly

Yup! Big Grin
07-18-2005 22:24 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Mine arrived today - I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to watch it - hopefully tomorrow.

07-19-2005 05:17 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Pages (19): « first ... « previous 11 12 [13] 14 15 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - The Making of Buechners (DVD)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH