Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Message Boards » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Message Boards
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I say just delete Dorf's posts. That'll take 75% of the board's content anyway. Red Face

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
04-04-2006 20:13 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw Nick
I say just delete Dorf's posts. That'll take 75% of the board's content anyway. Red Face

Big Grin

04-04-2006 21:18 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw Nick

Big Grin

scrimi wins the post of the day award!

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
04-04-2006 21:50 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
I'm nostalgic for the old posts, but if they really get in the way of progress then I say let 'em go!

I have to agree with PuP on this issue. I'd like to keep them, but hey, I've passed a lot of people, cept dorf Mad , so I'd likely still hold my post position. I say get rid of all of em if they are in the way of an update that would make the boards better.

Smile
04-04-2006 21:52 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

At the very least, we want to keep user accounts - along with DA-member posts, etc. What we might do is go ahead and back it all up and see if we can keep everything. If it crashes or something weird happens, then we could always do a new fresh install and just get the important posts back. I'd hate for everyone to have to register again though.

We're currently getting some technical issues straightened out with the folks that run the datase server - so, if anyone else has any thoughts on this stuff feel free to go ahead and post it here. There's still time.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-04-2006 23:07 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Crying Crying Crying it's a big giant conspiracy to get me. You all hate me Crying Crying Crying

On the upside, if you delete all my posts the FBI will have less dirt on me. Tongue

Seriously, I don't care. But tell me first so I can take a screen shot of me as the top poster and put it in my treasure file Big Grin

04-05-2006 00:44 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I think we are going to try and keep stuff...we will back it all up for sure.
But you never know what could happen in situations like this...thats why we wanna back it up. But if nobody cares, theres not much reason to go to a lot of trouble.

04-05-2006 00:54 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

It's really not a big deal Tongue

04-05-2006 00:56 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Kill em all and let God sort 'em out.

04-05-2006 06:38 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Official Impasto

Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmithOn the upside, if you delete all my posts the FBI will have less dirt on me. Tongue

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
04-05-2006 10:44 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith

But tell me first so I can take a screen shot of me as the top poster and put it in my treasure file

What good would a treasure file do YOU? Anything in it will just end up on ebay sooner or later.

04-05-2006 10:47 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

I occasionally get nostalgic and dig something old up. It's also kinda cool having a lot of posts, especially seeing that I will probably not ever get to the situation of being able to post that much again. I don't think I will bother with any screen shots, though. Red Face Tongue Big Grin

But hey, it really doesn't matter that much in the overall scheme of things. I appreciate all your efforts J & E and the crap that you go through with all this, whatever the outcome.

Pleased Smile )

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-05-2006 11:08 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

I'm cool if it all goes away. I don't have so much to lose in posting history...
04-05-2006 12:02 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Well, we will try to save it. We will back it up. But its always a suprise if things work the way they are supposed to.

04-05-2006 13:21 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Administrator

I got the basic update done last night.. Avatars, and Attachments should be working soon.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-12-2006 15:02 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Big Grin Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

plus i can log in and out of user names at work! Happy
i could only do that at home..... for the longest time....
unless i deleted cookies...
but now i can... Evil

Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 04-12-2006 16:24.

04-12-2006 16:23 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Little Dumbo
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 07-01-2002

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by joey
plus i can log in and out of user names at work! Happy
i could only do that at home..... for the longest time....
unless i deleted cookies...
but now i can... Evil

what an idiot! Mad Roll Eyes Tongue

04-12-2006 19:13 Little Dumbo is offline Send an Email to Little Dumbo Search for Posts by Little Dumbo Add Little Dumbo to your Buddy List
Administrator

Avatars and attachments are now working.

audiori has attached this image (reduced version):
National_Silvo_detail_2.jpg

04-12-2006 23:47 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

You must've been working on that when I was trying to navigate the board a while ago. It kicked me out and said there was a server error. Frown

Glad you got the features working. Pleased

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bereal: 04-13-2006 00:05.

04-13-2006 00:05 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Avatars and attachments are now working.

nice!

Eleanor has attached this image (reduced version):
040.jpg

04-13-2006 09:31 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Message Boards

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH