Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Chandler has failed you people!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Chandler has failed you people!! 3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.003 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
LK -- my kids are really getting into music now so i've been trying to introduce them to The Sex Pistols and the Replacements and The Beatles and Neil Young and The Ramones, etc. and man, i sure love the new Flaming Lips record!

and the other day, my 9 year old daughter was walking around the house singing "ten percenter" ("my mind is like an ocean, I'm hangin' in the harbor!") by Frank Black. i couldn't be more proud!

"Train up a child in the way he should go..." Big Grin

Cool. I took my kids to a TMBG show last night. James (7 yrs) spent most of the night on my shoulders waving his hands in the air and making the "horns" sign (which he only associates with Spiderman - I'm not gonna tell him otherwise). It's fun watching kids get into music.
05-12-2006 13:16 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Lk - Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Looks like ya' beat me to the punch! Wink
05-12-2006 13:17 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
jiminy -- you should go and then give us a review!

I will show my wife this ..am sure it will pull a LOT of weight ..
i'll be doin a duty here (with a lump on me noggin)

I have a boy who lives in the MPLS area, also likes the F.L...
so ya never know!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-12-2006 13:19 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

one of my 6 year olds funnest lines is to sing (at any inadvertant moment)

Walk Down a Dark Street Naked
on a Winters Night."

(From Mutt- in her case)

05-12-2006 13:22 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

quote:
Did you get the new Neil Young yet?

i'd love to hear it. how is it?
05-12-2006 13:22 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

jamespop -- was that your son's first live concert? my wife and kids surprised me and took me to see (locals) Kings of Leon, recently. it was one of my kids' first ever live music experiences (outside of the Dogs, DA, Choir.)
05-12-2006 13:27 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Heyyas Timmy!

Say, don't know if you have any info on this but do you know much about Rob Watson's recordings? I fell in love with his stuff that was released on the two "Shirley Goodness" & "History" releases...

Did he ever release an actual disc?

05-12-2006 13:28 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I havent heard it- and am not drawn in at this point
to me the man has gotten a bit hit and miss
but I LOVE the hits.

(refering to Neil - NOt ROb..!)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 05-12-2006 13:34.

05-12-2006 13:30 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hey EdHead -- i don't think Rob ever did release a full disc. yeah, i like his stuff too!
05-12-2006 13:33 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

cmon tim..

yer on the inside track
use your influence for us..
please??????

We'd love to hear a Robbie disc

05-12-2006 13:35 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

cool, thanks for the info..have ya guys been doin' any teleconferences with the Eddies yet? I hear they're working on a new "up 'n coming" release...Wink

05-12-2006 13:36 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
quote:
Did you get the new Neil Young yet?

i'd love to hear it. how is it?

I think it's good. Prairie Wind was great acoustic, this one rocks.

05-12-2006 13:36 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

lk -
I will take your advice on it...
of course - I read it was "thrown together"
but that doesnt mean bad necessarily.
thx!

05-12-2006 13:39 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
lk -
I will take your advice on it...
of course - I read it was "thrown together"
but that doesnt mean bad necessarily.
thx!

I think some of that comes through. I think he wanted his "message" out more than his music, but it's still NY.

05-12-2006 13:40 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

Warping the Children Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It always makes my heart beam when I overhear my kids singing a Beatles song or "Somethings in the bag" by Barnes and Barnes. Unfortunately their mother listens to the local crappy christian station so the give lip service that that stuff is good too. I dunno... hopefully you raise a child up in the way of the good music and when they are older they won't depart from it.

My first kids musical experience was a PFR mini-show from their last album. I was taken back that all these unorthodox chords were achieved with a capo. I bet Ed never uses a cap 'cause he's got skills!
05-12-2006 13:41 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

Rob Watson Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I second the Full Rob Watson album suggestion!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by uvulapie: 05-12-2006 13:43.

05-12-2006 13:43 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

quote:
now larry's gone! Crying

i am back Big Grin

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

05-12-2006 13:45 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

uvie -- PFR? ?
05-12-2006 13:45 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

you heard him...

PFR!

hey someone had to carry the 90s in CCM - DA was nearly asleep!

(jk here jk..but I like PFR)~

05-12-2006 13:48 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

uvi
was that the PFR show for like CAmpus Crusade..in St PAul Center??
in 98 or so??
5 bucks to get in?
I was there.

05-12-2006 13:50 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (6): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Chandler has failed you people!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH