Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » howdy, folks » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page howdy, folks
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
You carry that thing with you wherever you go?

yes, i try to have a ray-gun on me at all times.
06-23-2006 14:10 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

... What? What's a solo album??

06-23-2006 14:11 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
TattooBob TattooBob is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2003

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
quote:
You carry that thing with you wherever you go?

yes, i try to have a ray-gun on me at all times.

"Ray gun, In the desert. Lucky!"

BOBD

06-23-2006 14:12 TattooBob is offline Send an Email to TattooBob Search for Posts by TattooBob Add TattooBob to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Berger Roy Al

nothing. don't worry about it. Cool

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

06-23-2006 14:13 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:

You could procrastinate to November, national solo album month, and you may win:
http://www.lacunae.com/nasoalmo/

FAQ (for amusement/historical purposes):

So, for the purposes of NaSoAlMo, what exactly is a solo album?
An album of music you have written, played and recorded entirely by yourself*. The shortest inarguably awesome album that a lot of people have heard** is the first Ramones album, which is 29:09 long, so your solo album must be at least that long. Beyond that, its form and content are up to you.

*Since Ramones includes a cover of "Let's Dance," your NaSoAlMo album may, if you wish, include one cover of somebody else's song.

**It has been pointed out to the administrators that Slayer's Reign In Blood is 29:03 and that Nick Drake's Pink Moon--which actually is a solo album--is a mere 28:22. You may set your personal goals accordingly, if you wish. You're welcome.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 06-23-2006 14:15.

06-23-2006 14:14 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Hi Tim! Man, I feel your pain. Last fall, I tripped down the last two stairs, with the baby in my arms and broke the fall with my knee (I wasn't about to let the baby hit the floor). I was in pain for 2 weeks, and that's at my age. So since no one else around here is man enough to ask, what the h-e-double-hockeysticks were you doing carrying a fire-proof safe up the stairs?

Tongue Anyhoo, prayers for a quick recovery. Wink

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
06-23-2006 14:18 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

quote:

quote:
nothing. don't worry about it.

WHAT??!!!! ARE YOU TRYING TO KEEP ME FROM DOING A SOLO ALBUM????!!!!!!!

06-23-2006 14:21 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
Hi Tim! Man, I feel your pain. Last fall, I tripped down the last two stairs, with the baby in my arms and broke the fall with my knee (I wasn't about to let the baby hit the floor). I was in pain for 2 weeks, and that's at my age. So since no one else around here is man enough to ask, what the h-e-double-hockeysticks were you doing carrying a fire-proof safe up the stairs?

You didn't also happen to recently take out an insurance policy, did you? Shocked Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

06-23-2006 14:21 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

Now that I think about it, I don't think Berger has the SKILLS to make a solo album. That's right... I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!
06-23-2006 14:23 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:

quote:

I always was told singing solo was singing so low that you couldn't be heard! Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

06-23-2006 14:24 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler

(sigh) it was a lot nicer here before berger showed up and started ranting.

hi, bereal!

the thing with the safe was something i had to do at work. and i'm ok, just real sore.
06-23-2006 14:25 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
Originally posted by bereal

You didn't also happen to recently take out an insurance policy, did you? Shocked Tongue Big Grin

I hope you are asking Chandler, cuz I already have an insurance policy Wink

Smile
06-23-2006 14:25 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 11-22-2004

quote:
quote:
OH, and more importantly, from that story it sounds as if you're primed and ready for DA and/or SE recording sessions

like you wouldn't believe.

woo hoo!

06-23-2006 14:28 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
bein heinni
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-12-2004

quote:
quote:

quote:

I have lots of quality albums! Pleased

http://www.bennyhinn.org/shopping/double...rrer=na_dboffer

I think you need a healing berger boy! Frown

Benny Hinn, evangelist extraordinaire
Toufik Benedictus Hinn born in Jaffa, Israel
06-23-2006 14:29 bein heinni is offline Search for Posts by bein heinni Add bein heinni to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

quote:
quote:

quote:

ummmm of course not berger.....i would love to hear whatever.....

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

06-23-2006 14:30 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

YOU PEOPLE WITH YOUR BIG FANCY EDUCATIONS AND YOUR BIG FANCY WORDS LIKE "SOLO ALBUM." HAH!! SOLO ALBUM!! I'M NOT EVEN SURE SUCH A THING EXISTS. BUT IF IT DOES AND IF I EVER FIND OUT WHAT IT IS, I'M GOING TO BEGIN THE PROCCESS OF LOOKING INTO MAKING PLANS TO START TO THINK ABOUT WAYS TO FIND OUT ENOUGH TO START MY OWN INITIAL PLANNING! DO YOU HEAR ME??!! I WILL DO IT!!!!!!!!!

06-23-2006 14:31 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
Ubique Epoque

quote:
YOU PEOPLE WITH YOUR BIG FANCY EDUCATIONS AND YOUR BIG FANCY WORDS LIKE "SOLO ALBUM." HAH!! SOLO ALBUM!! I'M NOT EVEN SURE SUCH A THING EXISTS. BUT IF IT DOES AND IF I EVER FIND OUT WHAT IT IS, I'M GOING TO BEGIN THE PROCCESS OF LOOKING INTO MAKING PLANS TO START TO THINK ABOUT WAYS TO FIND OUT ENOUGH TO START MY OWN INITIAL PLANNING! DO YOU HEAR ME??!! I WILL DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you should consult with this guy?!
(from http://www.janetrecords.com/bio.html ... 'windex solo album' search Big Grin )

PERCY JONES (www.percyjones.net) first appeared in Wales in a remote farmhouse beside a ruined Cistercian monastery. At a certain point he started dabbling with fretless bass, and joined a band that was to become "Brand X". They recorded a series of critically acclaimed jazz fusion records despite Jones' vision of it sounding "like the Beatles but with more chops." He moved to New York in 1978 and formed a trio called "Tunnels", his vision to have a highly amplified electric band playing 12 tone music inspired by Stockhausen. Inexplicably the band ended up sounding curiously like the Beatles. But with more chops. Having recently discovered that "Windex" immobilizes cockroaches just as effectively as the widely used and toxic "Roach Sprays", he has converted his recording studio into a lab and is currently experimenting with formulations of ammonia and detergents. His intense and strangely admirable modesty prevents us from revealing that he has been a highly esteemed collaborator of such luminaries as Brian Eno, Suzanne Vega, Bill Frisell, Roy Harper, Nova, Elliot Sharpe, and Bobby Previte, (just to name a few), and that he has toured extensively in the United States, Europe and Japan...

Got a few miles left ...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 06-23-2006 14:36.

06-23-2006 14:35 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
quote:

quote:

I always was told singing solo was singing so low that you couldn't be heard! Tongue Big Grin

Berger, I think that in your planning to plan for a plan to plan a possible solo album that you might better really consider taking the advice that is being offered from the fan from the mountains who is no longer in the mountains cuz he would know that singing solo is singing so low that you can't be heard.

Smile
06-23-2006 14:35 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

here, Berger...................

Solo Album

you can learn ALL about it right there, ya sure...........

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

06-23-2006 14:36 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Ubique Epoque

quote:
(sigh) it was a lot nicer here before berger showed up and started ranting.

hi, bereal!

the thing with the safe was something i had to do at work. and i'm ok, just real sore.

Tim, thanks for replying! I do hope you get to feeling better soon. Nothing like being sore. Frown Rest well. Smile

Smile
06-23-2006 14:37 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » howdy, folks

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH