Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » top 5 Taylor songs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page top 5 Taylor songs
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jim Muglia
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jc
If God Can do anything- can He create a rock to big to lift Himself?
(there is an answer to that)
JiMIny

An author told me a good answer to that:

There is no such thing as a rock too big for God to lift, so of course He can't do that.

Makes sense to me.
Jim
09-20-2002 17:20
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
does anyone else like "Twilight Love?"

I do... it's not one of the best, but it's pretty darn good...

I guess it's not really a "top five" but it's a great late 70's new wave tune Wink

09-23-2002 16:45 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
does anyone else like "Twilight Love?"

yep Big Grin

that is the right title for it?

isn't it?

yup Big Grin

09-23-2002 16:46 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

like Blondie?????

09-23-2002 16:46 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
like Blondie?????

I wouldn't go that far Roll Eyes

more like early.... oh you know, what's his name!

09-23-2002 16:48 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Blondie was awesome Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
like Blondie?????

specially that great song Rapture

And out comes the man from Mars
And you try to run but he's got a gun
And he shoots you dead and he eats your head
And then you're in the man from Mars
You go out at night eating cars
You eat Cadillacs Lincolns too
Mercurys and Subaru

Oh, and btw, speaking of Taylor songs (as in James Taylor songs....sorry, but I gotta TELL you guyz this!)

I won 2 tickets to SEE him on Nov 8th in my fair city. The beginning of his new tour - it starts HERE! I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it...............it's gonna be grand.

Smile

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

09-24-2002 16:57 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
like Blondie?????

Blondie rocks!!! Cool

09-24-2002 17:04 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ceremonial Kernel

it's not the things you do
that make me feel so bad....

09-24-2002 17:18 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
guitarman4christ
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 09-24-2002

Broken Ladders to Glory - Interpretation? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I, too, count Broken Ladders to Glory as one of my many favorites by TT and Co., but can anyone help me interpret it? Sometimes I think I have it, other times, I'm lost. I sure appreciate it.
Awaiting Christ's return,
Guitarman4Christ
09-24-2002 21:57 guitarman4christ is offline Send an Email to guitarman4christ Search for Posts by guitarman4christ Add guitarman4christ to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

to JM- God and the Rock Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

JM-
I understand that God CAN create a rock to big for himself to lift
if He chose too.

After all- He chose a PERMANENT limited vessel- Jesus Christ.
Remember- the humaness of Christ has become a limiting factor for the eternal Spirit of God. (Col 2:9 the fullness of God is in a Man shape) Hes not flesh and blood- but flesh and Spirit- the resurrected Human- Jesus.
thats me answer- and I'm stickin to it!
JiMIny
09-25-2002 09:41 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

JiMNy - I like that answer.....makes me think......I like to think.....

09-25-2002 11:16 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Guido Martinez Guido Martinez is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Muglia
5)The Unattainable Earth

This song is remarkably close to a song I penned as an insecure adolescent boy 25 years ago (after months of sizing myself up to other boys in my 7th grade locker room). I called the song 'Unattainable Girth'.
09-25-2002 13:30 Guido Martinez is offline Send an Email to Guido Martinez Homepage of Guido Martinez Search for Posts by Guido Martinez Add Guido Martinez to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Guido Martinez: None YIM Account Name of Guido Martinez: None
jc
Luteous Llama

very funny! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that nyuk
gives me
Unnattainable mirth.

JiminY
09-25-2002 13:31 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Guido Martinez
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Muglia
5)The Unattainable Earth

This song is remarkably close to a song I penned as an insecure adolescent boy 25 years ago (after months of sizing myself up to other boys in my 7th grade locker room). I called the song 'Unattainable Girth'.

Roll Eyes
09-25-2002 20:51 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

You Lay Down
The Twist
When Everyone Wore Hats
Broken Ladders To Glory
The Pool
Hole In The World
Author Of The Story
Oh Sweet Companion
Imagine That
Prodigal Bride

10-04-2002 15:50 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
You Lay Down
The Twist
When Everyone Wore Hats
Broken Ladders To Glory
The Pool
Hole In The World
Author Of The Story
Oh Sweet Companion
Imagine That
Prodigal Bride

oh they are all so good!

10-04-2002 15:51 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Yes they are.

10-04-2002 18:03 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

this is way too controversial! should be in the argument dump.
10-04-2002 19:06 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
this is way too controversial! should be in the argument dump.

Big Grin
10-04-2002 23:17 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

My Room
No Spaceship
She's Working Here
Lovely Lilly Lou
Rob's and Carolee's

I thought since I can't pick my 5 favorite, I'd try my least 5 favorites, and I still like these tunes a little. Wink

BD

10-05-2002 13:21 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » top 5 Taylor songs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH