Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Horrendous Disc Re-release » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Horrendous Disc Re-release
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan

It is doubtful I would buy Doppelganger, Vox Humana, or Fearful Symmetry re-releases. Frown

I would buy those.

12-05-2006 07:29 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
5. Horrendous Disc CD (Larry Phan Club) With tribute tracks
6. Horrendous Disc CD for family Bookstore, etc. (no tribute tracks)

I bought mine at the bookstore and it had the Larry Tracks! Shocked

Thats odd, it must have gotten mixed in. the one that doesn't have the Tribute Tracks has a grey oval blurb on the cover listing albums by Larry and Randy also available.

Like this Stonehill one has;

12-05-2006 09:03 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
quote:

It is doubtful I would buy Doppelganger, Vox Humana, or Fearful Symmetry re-releases. Frown

I would buy those.

maybe not individually....
but i would buy a second !alarma! bookset if re-released.... Happy

Cool
12-05-2006 11:16 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
SafetyNet
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 11-29-2006

quote:
quote:

I would buy those.

Me too! Like I mentioned before. My collection is a mish-mash of Vinyl, worn-out cassetes, and old CD's. While I have the "best of" CD, it would be great to have all the albums re-released esp. with bonus features/songs, etc!

While the angels brushed her hair

"but that's how it has to end
On this side of glory...
12-05-2006 14:23 SafetyNet is offline Search for Posts by SafetyNet Add SafetyNet to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
quote:

I would buy those.

already got the bookset! Wink

12-05-2006 14:46 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
quote:

Thats odd, it must have gotten mixed in.

Yeah, I wasn't too happy about it! Roll Eyes

12-05-2006 14:48 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I would buy those.

already got the bookset! Wink

yeah, but if i had a second one i could sell it on ebay.....

Shocked

or sell my original signed by terry on e-bay?

maybe............. Tongue

maybe no......... Wink

Cool
12-05-2006 14:48 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I would hope not! Shocked

12-05-2006 14:48 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

not the original signed by terry... no

but a re-issue?

hmmmm...........

Evil

Tongue

Cool
12-05-2006 14:49 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

quote:
quote:
quote:

Thats odd, it must have gotten mixed in. the one that doesn't have the Tribute Tracks has a grey oval blurb on the cover listing albums by Larry and Randy also available.

The first pressing was not a Phan club exclusive, i got mine copy from christiandiscs.com, christianbook, and other online stores carried it as well. Then he did a later pressing without the bonus tracks (and a different booklet ?) thats the one with the blurb on the cover. mabye some copies of the first pressing got packed in the new cover ?
12-05-2006 16:46 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah I didnt mean the first one was a phan club exclusive. Larry told us that first one was not meant for broad distribution, but basically meant for his fans. Then the second one with the blurb was meant for distribution. Thats what he told us.

12-05-2006 23:47 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

It would have been better as a phan club exclusive! Tongue

12-06-2006 11:00 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Thats what he told us.

He says a lot of things from the sound it! Tongue

12-06-2006 11:00 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

audis

do you now if the boys received any gratuity from the Larry releases??
just wonderin...

i know when I bought my "historical Archive Series" ..I wondered.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-06-2006 14:12 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
quote:
quote:

I would buy those.

ahhh, another vote for the bookset! Happy

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
12-06-2006 17:34 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
audis

do you now if the boys received any gratuity from the Larry releases??
just wonderin....

Not sure exactly, we can ask Terry.

12-06-2006 23:29 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Josh&etc Josh&etc is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-401.gif

Registration Date: 11-29-2006

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
[quote]Originally posted by joey
[quote]Originally posted by dennis
[quote]Originally posted by Mountain Fan

ahhh, another vote for the bookset! Happy

add one more.

12-07-2006 00:46 Josh&etc is offline Search for Posts by Josh&etc Add Josh&etc to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is is just me or is there no bottom end on the CD version of HD?
Is seems the LP version has a ton more bottom end than the disc.
Any thoughts?

12-07-2006 07:31 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

SA deja vous? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A while ago I bought the original SA from eBay, later I got the M8 reissue.

To be honest, I feel a little like I'm on overload with this one. There are others that have had no reissues (or none with bonus tracks), so I'm wondering why it would take precidence. Would the 30th anniversary SA potentially have some new stuff other than updated artwork and booklet?

12-07-2006 08:12 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Administrator

quote:
Is is just me or is there no bottom end on the CD version of HD?
Is seems the LP version has a ton more bottom end than the disc.
Any thoughts?

yes the version you have is a little high, the second one with the oval blurb was a little better, remastered. Hopefully if al goes as planned they will use the remastered version of the album in this one we are planning.

As for Shotgun Angel, its easy to print because Terry & Maranatha! owns it. There are people that still are looking for it, and it will be the anniversary, and we actually had thought of a couple pretty cool ideas for it. Terry has somewhere a multitrack of the band performing it live with an orchestra, and we also had the idea of a surround sound mix.

But even if we do print a special edition of it, that doesn't mean we will stop working towards other reissues. Some can be just a longer process.

12-07-2006 09:21 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Horrendous Disc Re-release

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH