Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Going Rate for Alarma Chronicles? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Going Rate for Alarma Chronicles?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Toque Boy Toque Boy is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 12-08-2002

Going Rate for Alarma Chronicles? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I recently found a copy on eBay - it went for just over $100 US. I had thought that they were selling for more than that. Was I delusional?
02-23-2007 00:27 Toque Boy is offline Send an Email to Toque Boy Search for Posts by Toque Boy Add Toque Boy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tom G recently sent us a link of a fella trying to sell them for $400.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-23-2007 00:45 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's listed as starting at $299 at Amazon. A few days ago it was listed for around $385. One is M8 Distribution.

Shocked

Amazon

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mark: 02-23-2007 06:39.

02-23-2007 06:38 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah thats the link we were sent. M8 Roll Eyes

02-23-2007 07:12 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Question RE: Going Rate for Alarma Chronicles? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

actually, it looked like M8 was $299, and spinone80 was $385.... Mad Roll Eyes
glad i got this one on sale..........$35 bucks at Christiandiscs.com... Big Grin Cool
anyways..... does M8 have the rights to this now?
about the only thing that company ever did right..................... Red Face

bobd

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Strange Animal: 02-23-2007 09:19.

02-23-2007 09:19 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Administrator

They don't have the right to be making new ones.. if thats what they're doing. But, we're not sure exactly whats up. They may have just hoarded a bunch when it came out.

quote:
about the only thing that company ever did right

Thats because they basically had nothing to do with it.. aside from adding a couple of typos... Tongue

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-23-2007 14:55 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
They don't have the right to be making new ones.. if thats what they're doing. But, we're not sure exactly whats up. They may have just hoarded a bunch when it came out.

so does Da have the rights to make new ones? Confused

bobd

02-23-2007 15:03 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Administrator

We're not completely sure about that either.. I think we could easily reprint most of it without problem, but one or two of the albums might be an issue now.

Although, we're leaning towards reissuing each Alarma! Chronicles album separately and then just reprinting the book in some format. I think it might be less expensive for folks that way and would also be less expensive to produce. We've also been stumbling across a lot of interesting bonus material for some of them.. Smile

02-23-2007 15:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
The Trouble With X
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

I paid $165 for the bookset on eBay back in December. Worth every penny...
02-23-2007 23:51 The Trouble With X is offline Search for Posts by The Trouble With X Add The Trouble With X to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Hey Trouble...welcome to the DAmb. Enjoy your time here...
02-24-2007 10:38 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
minutia minutia is a female
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 02-25-2007

I missed it. Mad
02-25-2007 23:40 minutia is offline Search for Posts by minutia Add minutia to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

It's insane. I bid on some sets a few times, but quit somewhere between $80 and $100.

I would really like the book, but I like the music from Doppelganger, Vox Humana, and Fearful Symmetry the least of all DA stuff, so I don't care that much for the music itself.

I finally found some cheap LPs of Doppelganger and FS and already had Vox on cassette and the 1st Alarma reissue on CD.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 02-26-2007 13:02.

02-26-2007 12:57 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

I paid $30 for mine. Worth every penny.Tongue

I guess I should have bought two! Shocked

02-26-2007 16:00 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
The Trouble With X
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Thanks for rubbing it in. Wink I wasn't actually on planning on going that high ($165), but as it turns out, I accidentally typed in a couple extra zeros on the bid, so I was just thankful someone quit bidding before I lost all the money I put aside for grad school. Happy
02-28-2007 00:10 The Trouble With X is offline Search for Posts by The Trouble With X Add The Trouble With X to your Buddy List
Witsius Witsius is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

AC Reissues Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just a note to let it be known that I am interested in any reissues.
I couldn't bring myself to bid (too high) on any of the book sets that came up on ebay, but would really like to get them (and the book) someday - again. I haven't heard FS since it came out. And I would like to get the edition of A! with the bonus material (I have an lp sealed, and a cassette but no transcribing equipment). DF,BB is also missing from my set (It just came up today on ebay with a starting price of $75!!), so would purchase a reissue/remaster/expanded edition as well.

Unlike a previous poster, I 'feel' that the A!C are the height of DA material.
(This doesn't denigrate DF.BB or M.) I must admit that this may be due to a personal -live- experience at a concert in Edmonton for the 'my-hair-points-to-the-sky' tour.

Thanks!

02-28-2007 00:39 Witsius is offline Send an Email to Witsius Homepage of Witsius Search for Posts by Witsius Add Witsius to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

RE: AC Reissues Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Witsius
Just a note to let it be known that I am interested in any reissues.
I couldn't bring myself to bid (too high) on any of the book sets that came up on ebay, but would really like to get them (and the book) someday - again. I haven't heard FS since it came out. And I would like to get the edition of A! with the bonus material (I have an lp sealed, and a cassette but no transcribing equipment). DF,BB is also missing from my set (It just came up today on ebay with a starting price of $75!!), so would purchase a reissue/remaster/expanded edition as well.

Unlike a previous poster, I 'feel' that the A!C are the height of DA material.
(This doesn't denigrate DF.BB or M.) I must admit that this may be due to a personal -live- experience at a concert in Edmonton for the 'my-hair-points-to-the-sky' tour.

Thanks!

Check your PMs for an important message.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
02-28-2007 12:05 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Toque Boy Toque Boy is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 12-08-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Toque Boy
Thanks Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I actually was the one who won the auction. I had thought it would go for a lot more so I was bidding but not expecting to win. Then I won and I needed to explain to my wife why I was spending so much money. It did help to find the amazon.com links. And it isn't too awful. I had seen the Chronicles about 8-10 years ago in my Christian music store for $70 CDN. After shipping and all that, it only cost about $130 CDN. It could have been worse!

Oh yeah, I am forbidden from going on eBay for a while. I think I am OK with that. Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Toque Boy: 02-28-2007 15:43.

02-28-2007 15:42 Toque Boy is offline Send an Email to Toque Boy Search for Posts by Toque Boy Add Toque Boy to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Going Rate for Alarma Chronicles?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH