Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » An Open Letter To All Swirling Eddies Fans » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page An Open Letter To All Swirling Eddies Fans 18 Votes - Average Rating: 9.5018 Votes - Average Rating: 9.5018 Votes - Average Rating: 9.5018 Votes - Average Rating: 9.5018 Votes - Average Rating: 9.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I only have MFT on cassette, so I'm up for a re-issue.
02-22-2007 08:04 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
By the way, would anyone be interested in Miracle Faith Telethon reissued? Anyone miss that one?

Never heard it..........so yes.........I would be interested

I tend to favor music over comedy though.

02-22-2007 13:10 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Mft Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Regarding MFT (and even other reissues)...

The thing is, I have MFT and every major and minor CD release DA has ever put out (yes, I really do), and I've burned every track to my hard drive. Perhaps many of us are in a similar boat.

So what would entice me to buy again what I already have? Simply, better quality media with more material. The fact of the matter is that CDs are now old and inefficient technology. The ultimate: DVD-audio/video with 5.1 surround sound, with extra material as a bonus.

If you did this, I'd snap up everything you reissued. If I'm not asking too much, why not shoot the moon?

What do you think?

02-22-2007 17:57 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

There would definitely be an updated booklet/artwork.. probably remastered audio... possibly bonus tracks if anyone could find something that made sense to include.

I don't see dropping CDs as a release format any time soon because the vast majority of the fans seem to want everything on CD. The bulk of the emails we get from people looking for certain albums are always looking for them on CD and every poll we've done has showed that the demand for CDs vastly outnumbers the demand for any other format. We have talked about doing some surround sound / DVD mixes.. but, I'm not sure how many folks could play it if we did it. If we were to do it, we'd probably want to do it along with a regular CD reissue as well... or maybe both in one package.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-22-2007 18:11 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Josh&etc Josh&etc is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-401.gif

Registration Date: 11-29-2006

quote:
By the way, would anyone be interested in Miracle Faith Telethon reissued?

In the words of St. Thomas Aquinas, 'we'd really appreciate it.'

02-22-2007 19:08 Josh&etc is offline Search for Posts by Josh&etc Add Josh&etc to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

I already have it, but if you update the artwork/booklet i'll probably buy it.
02-23-2007 01:03 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Addendum Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I guess I didn't necessarily mean drop the CD format, but a trigger for me would be to provide an additional DVD-audio that we could pay extra for. With the right codecs this format is playable in Windows Media Center, and in Windows Media Player 11 which many have. The additional tracks would be the other thing that would trigger.

Really, I want to support the band in any reasonable way, and the updated artwork and remaster is welcome, but without an additional track or newer audio format it makes it harder to justify, personally or to the spouse. I really appreciate all the effort, and will use any good excuse I can to expend the money for DA. I'm just thinking there may be others thinking the same sort of thing as me, and I want the ROI to be worth the effort so we get a lot more reissues.

On a related note, there are some recordings that while relatively recent are also starting to age, and may be good candidates. For instance, what about the great recordings done with BAI? That was Gene Eugene's label, right? Who owns those now, and is there additional material? We already have the expanded SoTH, but I'd love to see an expanded Kalhoun, Motorcycle, and Bibleland.

Thanks again!

02-23-2007 07:45 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Understood.

Well... KMG owns the BAI stuff as well now. So when we get around to finalizing a deal with KMG to reissue what they own, it should include almost everything other than the Maranatha! stuff and the few things that DA owns. On one level, it'll be nice to be able to work out the rights for a big selection of albums all at once... but on another level, it may make things more complicated or expensive. Hopefully, KMG will be pretty easy to deal with though.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-23-2007 15:01 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Camarillo Eddy
Swirling Eddies

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 09-18-2006

Hey TatooBob,
When we finally mail you your CD, we hope to include a sense of humor as a bonus---maybe a bar of soap too!
Love ya, ya big lug,
Camarillo
02-28-2007 20:01 Camarillo Eddy is offline Homepage of Camarillo Eddy Search for Posts by Camarillo Eddy Add Camarillo Eddy to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

da burden is great, but da payoff is sweet Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the update, Camarrrrrillo(proper SoTex pronunciation).
We, those of us in the hinterland, never gave up hope.

Muchas Grazius,

Mike (ladrtrk55) Boyd
CC, Tx

03-09-2007 21:03 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

So are you really from Corpus Christi, Mike Boyd?

03-10-2007 08:46 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

yessir

And, I know the "vanishing hitchhiker" personally.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ladrtrk55: 03-12-2007 15:27.

03-12-2007 15:26 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Just curious since I am also from Corpus Christi.

03-12-2007 19:47 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Either one from Dallas???? Shocked

ever????????

03-12-2007 19:59 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Just curious since I am also from Corpus Christi.

Well, now, that makes 3 Swirly fans 'round 'cheer.

Giddy'up

03-12-2007 21:04 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Who's the 3rd?

03-13-2007 18:58 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
Either one from Dallas???? Shocked

ever????????

or will either be there anytime soon? Shocked

Tongue

bobd

03-13-2007 19:07 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

quote:
Who's the 3rd?

Let's see....there's me, of course, you, my buddy Mark'tha shmoe', and Falco. I think everyone else is either dead or underground.

I'm sorry Dennis, I wasn't ignoring you.
No, I'm not from Dallas. I do have an aunt and uncle who live in Carrolton. My uncle is Iraqi and, interestingly enough, a cousin who was living across the river from Manhatten on 9/11, took pics of the buildings burning before the collapse.
And, after Katrina, my step-daughter was relocated to Dallas from New Orleans. The company she works for put her up, put her to work, and then sent her back to NO a couple months later. She lived just inside the French Quarter.
Other than that, no real connection to Dallas.

03-13-2007 20:23 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by ladrtrk55
quote:
Who's the 3rd?

Let's see....there's me, of course, you, my buddy Mark'tha shmoe', and Falco. I think everyone else is either dead or underground.

I'm sorry Dennis, I wasn't ignoring you.
No, I'm not from Dallas. I do have an aunt and uncle who live in Carrolton. My uncle is Iraqi and, interestingly enough, a cousin who was living across the river from Manhatten on 9/11, took pics of the buildings burning before the collapse.
And, after Katrina, my step-daughter was relocated to Dallas from New Orleans. The company she works for put her up, put her to work, and then sent her back to NO a couple months later. She lived just inside the French Quarter.
Other than that, no real connection to Dallas.

That would have been fine if you were ignoring me.
I was being a bit of a smart burro.
(like maybe you were the Wacky Fan.)
Sorry about that.
Good to know more about you.
Thanks for that.

03-13-2007 21:42 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
That would have been fine if you were ignoring me.
I was being a bit of a smart burro.
(like maybe you were the Wacky Fan.)
Sorry about that.
Good to know more about you.
Thanks for that.

Big Grin
Wacky Fan? hmmm, no trolling here.
I posted my real name on my first post for cripes sake. Nah, I plan to keep it just real enough to be fun and informative, but not give enough away for some creepy-crawler to find me.

As far as being a smart-ass, party on. If we can't break some chops on here, what's the use? I think that's part of the polishing process, kinda evolutionary if you will.(without the transition species of course)

BTW, I'm embarrassed I had to think more than 10 seconds to figger out your "me with my graveyard face". Very cool. Simple, to the point. We can all hope to go out with a smile, or at least make one just on the other side....

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ladrtrk55: 03-14-2007 08:50.

03-14-2007 08:40 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » An Open Letter To All Swirling Eddies Fans

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH