Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (18): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update? 5 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.20
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, I'd certainly listen to Mr. Titanium Legs over a scatological wizard who keeps company with a bulimic goat with jealousy issues. Red Face

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
07-19-2007 15:24 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There is no point in insulting me when i was simply agreeing with titanium dude.

07-19-2007 15:30 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Oh. I thought you were that other guy who appreciates insults for a minute. Red Face

But I still know your secrets! Evil

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
07-19-2007 16:21 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Crinklepot Crinklepot is a male
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 04-17-2002

Larry Norman is a big party pooper. Very square Larry. Uncool. Yo, man you're trippin out. Don't be buggin. Get with it.
07-19-2007 16:36 Crinklepot is offline Send an Email to Crinklepot Search for Posts by Crinklepot Add Crinklepot to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

When I think of Larry Norman, I think of how God uses disparate people, in that he uses everyone, and how cool that is.

I don't get why Larry does some of the stuff he does (and I was really looking forward to this release), but he has done a lot of good, too, right along with the all the goofy stuff.

But, why couldn't he just sign that contract?!?!??

07-19-2007 16:38 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

He actually said he did sign it... but then he let the deadline run out without getting it back to us. We got him to agree to a new deadline (which would have kept it from competing and losing out to the Eddies album), and then he just never sent us the signed contract. *shrug*

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-19-2007 16:46 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
minutia minutia is a female
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 02-25-2007

I still can't help but wonder if it'll be better without his involvement. I don't mean that as an insult to Larry, but more hands in the mixing bowl is not always a good thing.
07-19-2007 17:03 minutia is offline Search for Posts by minutia Add minutia to your Buddy List
OneWayRawk OneWayRawk is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 07-19-2007

I'm a fan of Larry Norman and after reading what you guys had to say about him dealing with the Horrendous Disc update I had to register with this Message Board to "take up" for Larry if thats the right word to do so.

I'm a young guy (23 years old) and I wasnt around when the very first Horrendous Disc was suppose to come out back in 1979 I believe.

So the only thing that I have to go by is what I read. I know that alot of Daniel Amos fans have "hard' feelings toward Larry because of the CD not coming out till 1981 right when Daniel Amos " ¡Alarma!" was coming out.

The only that I wanted to say was whether you guys like Larry Norman or not the things that you guys are saying are not very nice at all and some of the things like

"will it be any easier after Larry kicks the bucket, I wonder? "

I mean come on.

Even if there was a band or singer that I didnt like I would say anything along those lines.

Whether you guys like Larry Norman or not he has done ALOT of good for Christian Music along with Daniel Amos.

I have no hard feelings toward anybody whether its Daniel Amos and Amos fans.

I just dont think its right to think or even joke (if thats so) about somebody "Kicking the bucket"

Thats all that I have to say.

Lets have a little more respect.
07-19-2007 21:43 OneWayRawk is offline Homepage of OneWayRawk Search for Posts by OneWayRawk Add OneWayRawk to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Point taken and well said. I will back that up completely.. there really isn't any reason to be disrespectful towards Larry here.

I do understand the frustrations (very, very well) of something like this project falling apart or the delays of HD for unclear reasons. But, we don't want this board to be used as a place to needlessly attack him or be cruelly disrespectful. I know several on this board donated to his health fund and I don't think anyone here really wants any harm towards Larry.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-19-2007 21:47 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

Wow. That was a quick response.

Thank you for "backing me up"

I wish you guys nothing but the best with the release of the "Horrendous Disc".

I would do the same if people were dissing Daniel Amos and thinking things would be better if the band would just go away and kick the bucket or whatever. I would take up for you guys and tell them thats not the right thing to say.

Whether you have hard feelings or whatever toward a person.....doesnt mean you have to wish death on somebody....or things might be better if they were gone.

Thanks for the support. Means Alot.
07-19-2007 21:54 OneWayRawk is offline Homepage of OneWayRawk Search for Posts by OneWayRawk Add OneWayRawk to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

sorry if you can't take some realism, dude. Frown

life is short, what's wrong with "kick the bucket"?

even though it may seem cruel, it is a realistic question if a HD release would be easier or not without Larry around.

now, if it was easier I certainly wouldn't wish him any harm. Roll Eyes

he was a pioneer in the CCM world and has done a lot so I don't want to discount that, either.

i'm not that old and didn't witness the whole HD thing first hand either, so I don't really have any hard feelings toward him either. he just seems to have gone even a little weirder, maybe like Phil Spector? at least he isn't accused of killing anybody. Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-19-2007 23:30 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
barkonsk
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 07-20-2007

Hey Lucy you should hear what they are saying about you.

Hey, hey Lucy.
07-20-2007 02:30 barkonsk is offline Search for Posts by barkonsk Add barkonsk to your Buddy List
Normal Noggin

I know life is short and I wasnt trying to point fingers or anything like that but just wanted to make a point that there are some things that we dont need to joke about and to be death is one of them especially since Larry has came close to death several times the past several years.

Death only happens once and when that person is gone they are gone forever.

I mean yes I understand that its a CD that you guys are hoping for and everything but at the end of the day its just a material thing and when you die you will leave all of this behind.

If anything when you get to Heaven I'm sure all of the Daniel Amos guys will play the songs for you :0)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by OneWayRawk: 07-20-2007 06:21.

07-20-2007 06:20 OneWayRawk is offline Homepage of OneWayRawk Search for Posts by OneWayRawk Add OneWayRawk to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I agree-l I've accused Larry of is being a "dink"..(at times) and even that is said with a bit of a smirk. Hes such a vulcan- I've no doubts he'll live long (but not prosper??)

Without him groups in CCM (including DA) would have actually been less free to express themselves through Rock/Art - the Alarma Chronicles came about while hands were tied under Solid Rock
I was around for the HD controversy- and though no one knew really "why" - all us kids knew something was weird about the delayed release of HD- and in truth I think may have caused more people to latch on to it once it came out (sort of like Janet Jacksons boob-well, maybe sort of not.)
To see Larry n DA have fun reminicing and pulling TOGETHER to put this out would have been very cool for us fans- as a "complete the circle" kind of thing..but alas maybe dinkage was involved again.

This is just me - but I thought Larrys "Archival Release" approach to HD was a tad thin, n well- I've already said it- his covers of Hound of Heaven-and his liner notes were about Larry-as much as all about HD (which is cool)

All that said- it could very well be that this release of HD will be more about what a great recording and showing DAs creativity at the time..and whats wrong with that?? Unreleased music from that era woiuld be smashing-as bits and pieces have whet our appetites for "the real thing"

oh one more thing....
...would do the same if people were dissing Daniel Amos and thinking things would be better if the band would just go away

they are the band that wont go away...never forget that!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-20-2007 07:59 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

this is another tangent thought.........

about "the end of the end"

excluding this case..why are we all so morbidly weird about the subject of dying?

we joke about EVERYTHING else that transpires in this life:
birth
poop
pee
pets
being a stupid kid
school
marriage
divorce
dating
driving
music
arts
religion
politics
eating
sex
play (sex?)
crying
growing old
parents
etc etc etc
but when it comes to this other thing WE ALL WILL DO.....
its still a bit taboo...

i dunno - have a gut busting laugh over my coffin - will you please?

07-20-2007 08:05 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I m totally serious here about this guy and death..
BE DEAD ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/books/07...tter/index.html

07-20-2007 10:22 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

joking about death's been going on a long time ... Tongue Big Grin

==========

http://myusm.com/usm300582.html

Don't you ever laugh as a hearse goes by and other creepy stuff (<>..<>)
Author: 24732 CategoryFrown Horror) CreatedFrown 10/2/2002 9:29:00 AM) Viewed (3228 times)

As a kid I always liked to rehearse morbid rhymes and songs. My favorites were "Don't laugh when a hearse goes by" and "There was an old woman all skin and bones" But these kind of rhymes and songs were not a recent thing, some of these rhymes have been passed down since the middle ages.

Here are the lyrics as I learned it:

Don't ever laugh as the hearse goes by,

For you may be the next to die,

They put you in a big black box,

Then cover you up with dirt and rocks,

All goes well for about a week,

Then your coffin begins to leak,

The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out,

The worms play Pinochle on your snout,

They eat your eyes, they eat your nose,

They eat the jelly between your toes,

Your eyes fall out, and your teeth decay,

A rotten end to a lovely day.

Got a few miles left ...

07-20-2007 13:12 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

Tongue

I'm gonna teach that one to my kid!!

07-23-2007 07:29 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-341.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2006

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
joking about death's been going on a long time ... Tongue Big Grin

While she would have appreciated it, I refrained from quoting Monty Python's "Dead Parrot Sketch" at my wife's Memorial Service. She was sick like that. One of her favorites scenes was the "Mary, Queen of Scots" / "Penguin on the Telly" scene:

"I think she's dead."
"No, I'm not!"

Knowing where she is and the fact that, like the Apostle Paul said, death has no sting makes it easier to cope (1 Corinthians 15:55). Big Grin

-Psalm 73:26

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Zudrak: 07-23-2007 10:58.

07-23-2007 10:36 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Wow. Smile Your wife must've been one fine woman. Crying

Got a few miles left ...

07-23-2007 10:59 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Pages (18): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH