Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (18): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] 10 11 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update? 5 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.20
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Myron
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J

They did actually record the Horrendous Disc album originally for Maranatha! and we have that master. Its different than the Solid Rock version, and could be released by us since it is a different recording altogether.

"Happily Married Man" wasn't part of the solid rock era by the way.

Please do, that would be more interesting than having another release of the familiar Solid Rock version. I'm surprised that you say it is a different recording altogether...are you saying the Solid Rock version was started from scratch, not using ANY of the Maranatha basic masters? I always understood that they brought the masters with them when they parted ways with Maranatha and then they were altered and a few songs replaced for the released version.

According to the old CCM investigative report on HD, Larry had brought DA into the studio to record some tracks which included "Happily Married Man". I always thought that meant there were two versions, one done with Larry and then the one released on Maranatha Country Roundup. BTW, thanks for all the info and answering the questions so quickly. Interesting stuff even "after all these years".

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Myron: 08-02-2007 00:46.

08-02-2007 00:44 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
by engineers related to the band.

...as distinguished from engineers related to LN: "Here, Charly - see what you can do with this. I'm goin' for a pizza - have it finished by the time I get back." Big Grin
08-02-2007 00:52 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Josh&etc Josh&etc is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-401.gif

Registration Date: 11-29-2006

quote:
Originally posted by Zudrak
Ok, Chesterdox (and everyone else out there who's not a DA n00b like me),

I own all of 2 DA albums, Bibleland and Daniel Amos. How would you rank the remaining albums for me to purchase? I had a friend do this for me when I first got into Led Zeppelin and until now hadn't asked for a similar list for other bands.

Thanks in advance (should you feel the need to acquiesce to my request).

Michael / Zudrak

I'm a little late here, but I'll give a list

Darn Floor Big Bite
Motor Cycle
Mr. Buechner's Dream
Doppelganger
Alarma
Kalhoun
Horrendous Disc
Vox Humana
Shotgun Angel
Bibleland
Songs of the Heart
Fearful Symmetry

08-02-2007 15:11 Josh&etc is offline Search for Posts by Josh&etc Add Josh&etc to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-448.gif

Registration Date: 06-17-2002

quote:

I own all of 2 DA albums, Bibleland and Daniel Amos. How would you rank the remaining albums for me to purchase? I had a friend do this for me when I first got into Led Zeppelin and until now hadn't asked for a similar list for other bands.

Michael / Zudrak

I agree with the list above but would slightly change, starting with number 1 best in my book.

1.Horrendous Disc
2.Shotgun Angel
3.Mr. Buechner's Dream
4.Alarma
5.Vox Humana
6.Doppelganger
7.Kalhoun
8.Songs of the Heart
9.Motor Cycle
10.Darn Floor Big Bite
11.Fearful Symmetry
08-02-2007 15:41 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

quote:
Originally posted by Myron
quote:

They did actually record the Horrendous Disc album originally for Maranatha! and we have that master. Its different than the Solid Rock version, and could be released by us since it is a different recording altogether.

"Happily Married Man" wasn't part of the solid rock era by the way.

Please do, that would be more interesting than having another release of the familiar Solid Rock version. I'm surprised that you say it is a different recording altogether...are you saying the Solid Rock version was started from scratch, not using ANY of the Maranatha basic masters? I always understood that they brought the masters with them when they parted ways with Maranatha and then they were altered and a few songs replaced for the released version.

According to the old CCM investigative report on HD, Larry had brought DA into the studio to record some tracks which included "Happily Married Man". I always thought that meant there were two versions, one done with Larry and then the one released on Maranatha Country Roundup. BTW, thanks for all the info and answering the questions so quickly. Interesting stuff even "after all these years".

The way I understand it there is a completely different master that was recorded for Maranatha!. As for the CCM article by Marie Platt I believe, there were quite a few errors in that article. As a little tidbit of information concerning her and her biases, someone at CCM wrote a joke negative review of Randy Stonehill's album at the time just to pass around amongst CCM employees. Miss Platt decided to print the review in CCM as if it actually had come from a reader without any kind of notation that it wasn't real. She was not a fan of DA or Stonehill, but was a close friend of Larry's.

08-02-2007 16:01 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Myron

quote:

As for the CCM article by Marie Platt I believe, there were quite a few errors in that article. As a little tidbit of information concerning her and her biases, someone at CCM wrote a joke negative review of Randy Stonehill's album at the time just to pass around amongst CCM employees. Miss Platt decided to print the review in CCM as if it actually had come from a reader without any kind of notation that it wasn't real. She was not a fan of DA or Stonehill, but was a close friend of Larry's.

I believe the someone that wrote that joke review was Brian Healy aka Dead Artist Syndrome.
08-02-2007 16:21 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Marie Platt doesn't sound very platonic Tongue Frown Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
08-02-2007 17:50 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

quote:
Originally posted by Myron
quote:

As for the CCM article by Marie Platt I believe, there were quite a few errors in that article. As a little tidbit of information concerning her and her biases, someone at CCM wrote a joke negative review of Randy Stonehill's album at the time just to pass around amongst CCM employees. Miss Platt decided to print the review in CCM as if it actually had come from a reader without any kind of notation that it wasn't real. She was not a fan of DA or Stonehill, but was a close friend of Larry's.

I believe the someone that wrote that joke review was Brian Healy aka Dead Artist Syndrome.

You are correct sir.

08-02-2007 19:44 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jparker jparker is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 04-23-2003

Seriously? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Brian Healy wrote a fake Stonehill review? Oh my, does anyone have it?! I bet it's hysterical. Randy Stonehill is great, that's not why I'd enjoy reading it. I just remember Brian Healy from C-stone as being riotously funny to hang out with. One of my first C-stones, when I was still doing radio, I hung out with Healy and Dr. Shore on and off for a couple days, and I think I almost peed my pants five different times. Funny funny people.
08-02-2007 21:36 jparker is offline Send an Email to jparker Search for Posts by jparker Add jparker to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of jparker: jeff_parker@mac.com
Administrator

Closer to the Flame
by B.H.
CCM Magazine December 1981

About the Stonehill review, are you some kind of nut? This piece of junk has no right being on a Christian label! I got more blessed listening to the cardboard jacket. Is Randy's sound still evident? I don't even think he's on the album. The air brushed cover looks like Roger Daltry, and I hope it is - for Randy's sake. The production of Terry Taylor superb? Is this a rib?

Terry has as much right to produce an album as Bill Gaither has to perform brain surgery. If Randy wants to be a pop star, fine. Go sign with K-Tel. Since he's selling his record as a Christian artist, at least sing about Christ. You know, God. Between the glory and the flame...closer to the flame, I'd say.

B.H.
Cypress, Calif.

Brian Healy wrote the letter review of "Between The Glory And The Flame" as a joke of something earlier, if I remember correctly it was a take off of an article about DA. CCM Associate Editor, Karen Marie Platt is the one that decided to actually include it in the letters section of the magazine.

08-03-2007 09:03 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Big Grin

08-03-2007 11:12 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

quote:

Brian Healy wrote the letter review of "Between The Glory And The Flame" as a joke of something earlier, if I remember correctly it was a take off of an article about DA. CCM Associate Editor, Karen Marie Platt is the one that decided to actually include it in the letters section of the magazine.

Whats amazing to me is that Terry, Randy and many others didnt get so bitter at the CCM industry and leave it all together! I'm glad they all have the tenacity to stick with it!
08-03-2007 12:12 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-341.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2006

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:

Michael / Zudrak

i prefer mr. buechner's dream, but that's just my personal preference. i don't even know if you can still get that one ~ i don't see it in da's webstore.

i just checked ebay and it's available there
Mr. Buechner's Dream

this bears repeating since you (michael) posted right after me and may have missed my post.

Hey bereal, thanks for the recommendation. I listened to that at work yesterday after putting it on my iPod the night before. Great album. I got to hear it 3 times through while working.

-Psalm 73:26
08-03-2007 13:05 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Mind Peach

Thanks, Josh and Navfox!

I can now happily say that I now own the following in order of preference (so far, I only got to listen to Kalhoun once today and MBD 3x yesterday).

Mr. Buechner's Dream
Kalhoun
Bibleland
Daniel Amos (30th Anniv. Ed.)

Motor Cycle is on its way from Ebay. I guess I will be ordering a CD-R of Horrendous Disc from the webstore when it's set up.
I will try to get HD, Darn Floor Big Bite, and Shotgun Angel next.

Am I to understand that there are TWO HD's, one that DA can release and one that LN can release? I've followed this thread over the last few days, but work and RL have mind spinning.

EDIT: Forgot to thank Chesterdox and Mountain Fan for their assistance, as well. Thanks, guys!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Zudrak: 08-03-2007 13:22.

08-03-2007 13:13 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

quote:
Thanks, Josh and Navfox!

I can now happily say that I now own the following in order of preference (so far, I only got to listen to Kalhoun once today and MBD 3x yesterday).

Mr. Buechner's Dream
Kalhoun
Bibleland
Daniel Amos (30th Anniv. Ed.)

Motor Cycle is on its way from Ebay. I guess I will be ordering a CD-R of Horrendous Disc from the webstore when it's set up.
I will try to get HD, Darn Floor Big Bite, and Shotgun Angel next.

Am I to understand that there are TWO HD's, one that DA can release and one that LN can release? I've followed this thread over the last few days, but work and RL have mind spinning.

EDIT: Forgot to thank Chesterdox and Mountain Fan for their assistance, as well. Thanks, guys!

Thats a great start, I didnt mention When Everyone wore hats. It to is for sale, I'd grab that, I really like that album, The new Swirling Eddies disc reminds me of WEWHs.

Why cant the web store sell you a CDR of HD?
08-03-2007 13:34 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Mind Peach

quote:
Originally posted by navfox
Thats a great start, I didnt mention When Everyone wore hats. It to is for sale, I'd grab that, I really like that album, The new Swirling Eddies disc reminds me of WEWHs.

Why cant the web store sell you a CDR of HD?

Forgot to repeat my earlier post that I have WEWH on order from DanielAmos.com. Can't wait for that one -- Mountain Fan heartily recommended it.

From what I understand, the audios said that the CD-R's of past discs will be made available in the webstore eventually. They're just not ready to do that yet.

08-03-2007 13:50 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Cool , glad you're getting hooked up with some music! Smile

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
08-08-2007 11:43 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Mind Peach

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
Cool , glad you're getting hooked up with some music! Smile

Oh yeah. I am done buying for a while now. I want to get more DA stuff, but I am up to my ears (pun intended) in audio goodness. I thank God for my job because I can bring my iPod in, hook it up and listen to MY music while I work. It's a great blessing after working as a surveyor (no music in the field or sports talk in the truck, yuck!) and other office jobs with no music at all.

08-08-2007 12:33 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Music is underrated

08-08-2007 12:34 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
Music is underrated

You better check my myspace profile Big Grin

between parker & hunt.

08-08-2007 13:53 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Pages (18): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] 10 11 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH