Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » radio play » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page radio play
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
nellswell nellswell is a female
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-23-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I play Daniel Amos/Lost Dogs/Swirling Eddies/Terry FREQUENTLY on my radio show! My program isn't exactly considered Christian radio, although I do also play Mark Heard, Cockburn, the Choir, 77s, Innocence Mission, Buddy & Julie, Bill Mallonee, Stonehill, Keaggy ... as well as a lot of Brian Wilson-influenced 60's-esque pop, some folk, country, etc. from "secular" artists. My show is called The Think Tank -- here is a MySpace site for it:
http://www.myspace.com/thethinktank
The playlists are beyond out-of-date, but I plan on updating them soon (I've had a very busy summer with surgery, planning a move, and lots of house-sitting...)

Anyway, I really do play Terry's music just about every week -- so does my fiancee/show partner -- and not only that, Terry HIMSELF was on my show yesterday! He was one of seven artists who were generous enough to participate in my tribute to Mark Heard; he called in and talked about Mark for 3-4 minutes...

My show is on Sundays from 10-noon PST, and you can hear it online here:
http://www.kaosradio.org

In addition to my program, there is a show on KAOS called God's Misfits that's on in the OTHER Sunday 10-12 timeslot, from ten-midnight ... I know Scott Eaton also plays Terry's music and I wouldn't be surprised to hear the new Swirling Eddies on his show. So while you probably won't hear Terry Taylor on KAOS any other days (though we do have a couple of Lost Dogs discs in the library that are VERY occasionally played by other random KAOS deejays) Sunday from 10-12 is always a good time to tune in to KAOS if you want to hear him!
08-20-2007 12:52 nellswell is offline Send an Email to nellswell Homepage of nellswell Search for Posts by nellswell Add nellswell to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by nellswell
I play Daniel Amos/Lost Dogs/Swirling Eddies/Terry FREQUENTLY on my radio show! My program isn't exactly considered Christian radio, although I do also play Mark Heard, Cockburn, the Choir, 77s, Innocence Mission, Buddy & Julie, Bill Mallonee, Stonehill, Keaggy ... as well as a lot of Brian Wilson-influenced 60's-esque pop, some folk, country, etc. from "secular" artists. My show is called The Think Tank -- here is a MySpace site for it:
http://www.myspace.com/thethinktank
The playlists are beyond out-of-date, but I plan on updating them soon (I've had a very busy summer with surgery, planning a move, and lots of house-sitting...)

Anyway, I really do play Terry's music just about every week -- so does my fiancee/show partner -- and not only that, Terry HIMSELF was on my show yesterday! He was one of seven artists who were generous enough to participate in my tribute to Mark Heard; he called in and talked about Mark for 3-4 minutes...

My show is on Sundays from 10-noon PST, and you can hear it online here:
http://www.kaosradio.org

In addition to my program, there is a show on KAOS called God's Misfits that's on in the OTHER Sunday 10-12 timeslot, from ten-midnight ... I know Scott Eaton also plays Terry's music and I wouldn't be surprised to hear the new Swirling Eddies on his show. So while you probably won't hear Terry Taylor on KAOS any other days (though we do have a couple of Lost Dogs discs in the library that are VERY occasionally played by other random KAOS deejays) Sunday from 10-12 is always a good time to tune in to KAOS if you want to hear him!

Cool. Would it be OK if I sent you some of my material?

08-21-2007 00:41 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
nellswell nellswell is a female
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-23-2002

quote:

Cool. Would it be OK if I sent you some of my material?

Sure. I'll send you a pm with an address -- CD's (or CD-r's) are easier for me, as I don't have a computer at home, so I don't often get a chance to download stuff.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by nellswell: 08-21-2007 11:14.

08-21-2007 11:14 nellswell is offline Send an Email to nellswell Homepage of nellswell Search for Posts by nellswell Add nellswell to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I wish our station would play more Michael W Smith and Carman, but they're just too edgy.

08-21-2007 15:37 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

quote:
i want to hear the new eddies on Christian radio... how do i go about it?

scream....
rant...
rave...
curlys on the floor... ?

ideas, if you have em.

A friend of mine was a guitarist in (what would become) a Top 40 rock band back in the late-1970's. They were trying to get DJ's to play their music by buying them drugs. (This friend of mine didn't agree with it, so he quit and got out of the music business). But it worked.
So, send your local CCM radio station some wacky tabacky and see if they'll play some Eddies. Big Grin

Do you know what makes an airplane fly?

Money.

It's also what makes a song play on the radio.

In Phoenix, there's this rich guy who plays commercial-free rock. It's basically his MP3 player hooked up to a 95 kW transmitter. It's pretty cool--fully automated, no DJs, no adds--just the station identifier after every third song. A lot of "b" sides and stuff you wouldn't hear elsewhere. It's my understanding that he did this so he could listen to his music where ever he was in town--just tune in his own station.
It's 103.1 FM if anyone is interested.

The point of that story is if you have enough money you can have your own station and play whatever you want.

Unfortunatly, I don't have that kind of money.

08-16-2008 05:01 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

tomorrow, our local station is playing Driving in England around 9:30 am.

They have a retro show and they post their lineup, its on right after Sunday's Child, by PKeaggy.

fm100.net

12-26-2008 16:05 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

In the 80's I got to look around the studio in Radio Rhema (NZ's sole Christian broadcaster). I looked through the bins of LP's there and many had little notes on them about what songs were best to play/avoid, etc.
There were some Daniel Amos albums there!!!! All but the first one had "Do not play" type messages on them....because they were seen as potentially risky to broadcast.
I felt like changing them over with some innocuous band in the hope that they would get some airtime, and also wondered why they were there in the first place if nobody was allowed to play them!

I hope things have changed.....

www.smashthatcomputer.com
12-26-2008 21:52 wayneb is offline Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
tomorrow, our local station is playing Driving in England around 9:30 am.

They have a retro show and they post their lineup, its on right after Sunday's Child, by PKeaggy.

fm100.net

KLOVE shut off the power to their local antenna yesterday... but they'd never play anything that didn't have John Rivers' seal of approval anyway.

Now we only have Family Life Radio, which rarely plays anything that is remotely rock 'n' roll.

I think a "retro show" is a good idea.

12-26-2008 23:13 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
There were some Daniel Amos albums there!!!! All but the first one had "Do not play" type messages on them....because they were seen as potentially risky to broadcast.
...and also wondered why they were there in the first place if nobody was allowed to play them!

Frown

quote:
I felt like changing them over with some innocuous band in the hope that they would get some airtime

Big Grin

quote:
I hope things have changed.....

Hopefully so, but probably not.

12-27-2008 01:19 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » radio play

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH