Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (18): « first ... « previous 11 12 [13] 14 15 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update? 5 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.20
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

$50,000, was that the licencing charge....or to buy the masters ?
11-04-2007 10:30 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Even if Larry set the price to buy the masters and even if the money was raised, Larry would probably then either raise the price or not deliver the real masters.

I'm betting licensing the masters is the safest bet. Pay half now, half when finished. Seems really ridiculous, but just look at the history of HD.

11-04-2007 10:39 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by dfroystad
$50,000, was that the licencing charge....or to buy the masters ?

Licensing only.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-04-2007 11:08 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

That's nuts. How many copies would you have to sell just to break even?

11-04-2007 12:00 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Well, way more than Larry knows he will sell. So in essence, he sets the price higher than he knows anyone would pay.

11-04-2007 12:26 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Sublime Brain Puppet

hmmm...it does not make sense. let's say he licenced the album for $5000, he have to sell 200 CD-r units to make that much....and he will probably only sell 100....so in the end: we never get a proper HD version, and he makes less money. Confused
11-04-2007 12:58 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah it makes sense, we offered to do all the work and pay for manufacturing to do the release real nice and give himn 50% of the money from what we sell... which will be more than he will sell. But, he would rather be in control of the thing and put it out in poor quality than have the money and make everyone happy. The only question is... why?

11-04-2007 18:39 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

well, at best maybe he is really having some mental issues ... or maybe getting quite desperate due to medical issues ... either way his behavior lately with all this seems way less than Christian - at best a nominal "pew warmer" Frown

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
11-05-2007 12:53 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

double post

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 11-05-2007 12:54.

11-05-2007 12:53 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I think I ordered the second day after it was listed here. It just came in the mail today.

I think I ordered mine the first day I saw it listed here. As of today it has not arrived. Perhaps they decided to fix the packaging first. Roll Eyes

11-05-2007 14:11 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jyroflux
quote:
I think I ordered the second day after it was listed here. It just came in the mail today.

I think I ordered mine the first day I saw it listed here. As of today it has not arrived. Perhaps they decided to fix the packaging first. Roll Eyes

since i rarely play hd, and when i do... rarely make it past the 3rd song, i'm good........... Tongue

Cool
11-05-2007 14:17 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

I've been thinking lately that, when I feel really critical of people, when I feel that they've done something wrong, that I need to pray for them.

I don't get what Larry does. I don't agree with what he's done here regarding HD, so, maybe we ought to pray for him, and pray that the Townsends get their release out as soon as possible without any snags or problems.

11-05-2007 14:19 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
I still need to do side by side comparisons, but again, yes many of the songs sound different than the official released versions. I haven't listened to the original "After All These Years" in a long time, so I'd have to go find my original version to compare it.

Have you had time to give the songs a good listen and/or compared them to the other 'official' versions?

11-06-2007 01:15 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Administrator

Several songs are an odd mix. "On The Line", "Out Across The Sky" are both odd for starters. They don't sound like the US, Canadian, UK, EP, Rock & Religion or test pressing mixes. "I Love You #19" sounds like the US version, but "Horrendous Disc" sounds like the UK version. The songs are also out of original order. The bonus tracks sound like a little odd mixes as well.

The booklet is one sheet, looks like its printed on a home PC. And the artwork on the disc looks as if it was printed on a home PC too. Whoever Larry is paying to do his manufacturing is ripping him off, unless he is paying them like $200. Thats the main reason we were wanting to pay for the manufacturing and mastering, compare this CD to the reissue of DA's first album.

Thats my assessment after the first run through.

11-06-2007 08:23 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Myron

Isn't this current release version's song order the same as the white label test pressing that Solid Rock first sent out back around 1979 (excluding the bonus tracks of course)?
11-06-2007 10:20 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
Sublime Brain Puppet

According to Larry this new CD-r is the official 13-song (+bonus tracks) version of HD. Apparently the masters for this "official version" was just recently discoverd...
11-06-2007 13:29 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Several songs are an odd mix. "On The Line", "Out Across The Sky" are both odd for starters. They don't sound like the US, Canadian, UK, EP, Rock & Religion or test pressing mixes. "I Love You #19" sounds like the US version, but "Horrendous Disc" sounds like the UK version. The songs are also out of original order. The bonus tracks sound like a little odd mixes as well.

The booklet is one sheet, looks like its printed on a home PC. And the artwork on the disc looks as if it was printed on a home PC too. Whoever Larry is paying to do his manufacturing is ripping him off, unless he is paying them like $200. Thats the main reason we were wanting to pay for the manufacturing and mastering, compare this CD to the reissue of DA's first album.

Thats my assessment after the first run through.

I think I will pass on this one and wait for the webstore version.

11-06-2007 14:15 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
quote:

since i rarely play hd, and when i do... rarely make it past the 3rd song, i'm good........... Tongue

I will listen to the whole thing, but I don't listen to HD very often either.
HD does have some nice moments on it though.

11-06-2007 14:24 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

What would be really nice would to have a brand new CD.
Not old stuff re-issued.

11-06-2007 14:27 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
quote:

I will listen to the whole thing, but I don't listen to HD very often either.
HD does have some nice moments on it though.

you know, i used to like that one a lot more....
but it does sound a lot like the beatles...
now keep in mind the beatles sold lots and lots of records...
but i've kind of grown .tired of those guys............ Tongue

Cool
11-06-2007 14:29 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Pages (18): « first ... « previous 11 12 [13] 14 15 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH