Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » A Wonderful Memory » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A Wonderful Memory
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
SnowMan SnowMan is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-10-2006

A Wonderful Memory Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's after midnight and I can't sleep. Probably not the best time to recollect emotive-memories. But, oh well, here goes:

I was at my first C-Stone. I had arrive a little later than expected. I shared a room with (then manager) J.T. Feavel. My luggage hadn't caught up with me and JT insisted I take a free "Little-Big" T-shirt and change into it. Moments later Roe walked into the room. We had only met once previously at the first Andy's Angels Christmas gig near Seattle. It was a warm reunion and I was greatly warmed.

JT had a "welcome to the gang" gift pack for me of copies of all the new releases from Dogs and associated such and such (77s, DA, etc). I was really pleased to get my Mr. B release with the liner notes in it about Andy.

Down a few doors was the first night at C-Stone gathering in Dougherty's room. I reunited with Terry and met Derri, Steve H., Mark B, Tim, and others. Jeff Elbel was in the room but I wouldn't really meet him until the next day, back-stage at his gig and was embarrassed that I didn't recall meeting him the night before. Too many new faces all at once.

I had a great chat with Tim C. on the balcony. He is one of the most personable persons in God's universe whom you could have the fortune to meet. He makes you feel as though you are the center of his universe for the time in which you share together. That is a gift. A couple nights later I would splurge for our late night dinner. It was "Burger" run and didn't then realize the irony as I offered him, "Berger?" He declined.

At any rate, that first night... I went back to the hotel room and JT handed me a copy of the "single C-Stone release" for the CAACONAA project which included "Andrie" (an acoustic version) and the Dogs new rendition of "Lord, protect my child."

I took it down to my rent-a-car and listened alone. I was in a state of joy and satisfaction. And then it came to the part where Terry's voice chimes in and I choked, tears filling my eyes. "We did it," I whispered aloud to the Host that must have been there in the car with me. My late son was honored and people I never thought I would ever meet had lent their God-given gifts to make the sound happen and the joy more wondrous than I could have imagined.

The best part was yet to come; life long friendships.

(ps: remind me to tell you all how I first met Wes Berlin in person for the first time the following day)

03-29-2008 02:40 SnowMan is offline Homepage of SnowMan Search for Posts by SnowMan Add SnowMan to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

RE: A Wonderful Memory Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SnowMan
(ps: remind me to tell you all how I first met Wes Berlin in person for the first time the following day)

The day I met you and Wes, I gave you both a ride to the motel room in my mufferless 1991 Ford Ranger.

I offered the ride and said, "There is only one seat-belt."

"Whatever," came the reply from Wes, who was wearing sunglasses.
I don't remember what time it was, but the sun had set several hours before.

I don't even remember who road on the hump, but I think it may have been the SnowMan. Shocked

Good times.
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood times! Pleased

03-29-2008 06:16 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

Wait a minute... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It was your first C'stone and you (*gasp*) - I can hardly bring myself to say it - GOT A ROOM????

Heathen.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Thanks for sharing that story - beautiful!
03-29-2008 11:31 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

Thread Starter Thread Started by SnowMan
RE: A Wonderful Memory Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:

The day I met you and Wes, I gave you both a ride to the motel room in my mufferless 1991 Ford Ranger.

I don't even remember who road on the hump, but I think it may have been the SnowMan. Shocked

Good times.

You're talking about the Commander Cody Extraveganza in MN? That was a great time!

03-29-2008 11:52 SnowMan is offline Homepage of SnowMan Search for Posts by SnowMan Add SnowMan to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Theo, I was at the intimate little Andy's Angels acoustic show you and Terry did at Cornerstone. Just wanted to let you know how beautiful and touching that show was to my wife and I. It made our hearts ache, but it was also very spritually uplifting. I was so impressed with your courage and fortitude, and after watching the short film about Andy and hearing you speak about him, I know Andy possessed those same traits. We would have said hi after the show, but my wife was pretty wrecked, emotionally.

Thank you for sharing such a personal part of your life with us that day. It made quite an impact on us.
03-29-2008 12:39 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thank you, James.

That was kind of a brutal afternoon. We had been awaiting arrival of the film (put together by Todd Zeller of Eden Z Films). So when it played there in the flickerings tent, it was the first time any of us had viewed it.

Terry & I sat in the front row doing that snort/choke thing you do when you are involuntarily moved emotionally. Then we got up and played.

I don't know that in all the tours and presentations afterwards that there was ever quite so candid an event. Everybody in the tent was very gracious. It was a small group. Terry and I packed up and left the tent. As soon as we were out back and alone, he stopped, turned to me and said, "I hope you realize that God was in there."

No doubt about it. Red Face

03-29-2008 14:42 SnowMan is offline Homepage of SnowMan Search for Posts by SnowMan Add SnowMan to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
quote:
quote:

Good times.

You're talking about the Commander Cody Extraveganza in MN? That was a great time!

Yes. Yes it was.

I have many found memories of that time.

03-29-2008 19:15 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
quote:

Yes. Yes it was.

I have many found memories of that time.

Were you down to seeds and stems again, too?
03-29-2008 20:20 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by James
Hey Theo, I was at the intimate little Andy's Angels acoustic show you and Terry did at Cornerstone. Just wanted to let you know how beautiful and touching that show was to my wife and I. It made our hearts ache, but it was also very spritually uplifting. I was so impressed with your courage and fortitude, and after watching the short film about Andy and hearing you speak about him, I know Andy possessed those same traits. We would have said hi after the show, but my wife was pretty wrecked, emotionally.

Thank you for sharing such a personal part of your life with us that day. It made quite an impact on us.

That was a very special day.

I don't know why I wrecked the mood by running to see the goth "bride of Christ."

03-29-2008 20:58 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Thumb Up! RE: A Wonderful Memory Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i was not at this show, but i was at the aa seattle area show....
and it was amazing! Cool Cool Cool
another wonderful memory was theo singing at my wedding....
God bless you, brother!

joey

bobd

03-29-2008 22:09 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

wow, i can't believe the flood of memories this thread brings back!!!

the funny thing is that i too was at the flickerings tent (and went to see the goth bride of christ)! it was my first (and only) cornerstone and i can't think of a better experience than that one.

on a side note: one thing that was so baffling to me @ cornerstone (which will make no sense to anyone from the mid west) was how i could be so directionless. first off let me say that i am very good about knowing exactly where i am at and how to get where i need to be. secondly, being born and raised in my little area of southern cali i am so used to my compass being based on the mountains. mountains = north. so i fly into wisconsin, to meet a friend who i go to c-stone with, and one of the first things i say is "i knew it was called the flatlands.......but geeeeezzzz!" i was soooooo lost! the whole week was like i was blind.........which i am (at least i feel like it).

more later.

03-29-2008 22:32 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

WES!

How are you? Dodgers...4/28...ok?

03-29-2008 22:37 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

Every time I think of meeting Wes at C-Stone I laugh (the story has been told here before), but I also think of the Bible story where Jesus saw the disciple sitting by the tree before the disciple ever came to the Lord.

Why? Because it had been a hot muggy day, it was finally starting to cool down a tad and there was this guy standing under a tree and he knew who I was, tho' I didn't know him.

And that was a story all of itself just seeing its genesis.

So much goodness in just one life. Red Face Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by SnowMan: 03-29-2008 22:48.

03-29-2008 22:47 SnowMan is offline Homepage of SnowMan Search for Posts by SnowMan Add SnowMan to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by .backs.
WES!

hey .backs.

doing alright....it's been a wild ride.

always up for a dodger game! let me check my schedule and i'll get back to you tomorrow (i get my season tickets tomorrow). are you coming down then? whenever you are in town you should call!

03-29-2008 22:47 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

quote:
Every time I think of meeting Wes at C-Stone I laugh (the story has been told here before), but I also think of the Bible story where Jesus saw the disciple sitting by the tree before the disciple ever came to the Lord.

Why? Because it had been a hot muggy day, it was finally starting to cool down a tad and there was this guy standing under a tree and he knew who I was, tho' I didn't know him.

And that was a story all of itself just seeing its genesis.

So much goodness in just one life. Red Face Cool

wow! what are you saying.......uh....jesus.

Tongue

03-29-2008 22:49 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
on a side note: one thing that was so baffling to me @ cornerstone (which will make no sense to anyone from the mid west) was how i could be so directionless. first off let me say that i am very good about knowing exactly where i am at and how to get where i need to be. secondly, being born and raised in my little area of southern cali i am so used to my compass being based on the mountains. mountains = north. so i fly into wisconsin, to meet a friend who i go to c-stone with, and one of the first things i say is "i knew it was called the flatlands.......but geeeeezzzz!" i was soooooo lost! the whole week was like i was blind.........which i am (at least i feel like it).

It ain't called the Prairie State for nothing, man.
03-29-2008 22:53 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
quote:
WES!

hey .backs.

doing alright....it's been a wild ride.

always up for a dodger game! let me check my schedule and i'll get back to you tomorrow (i get my season tickets tomorrow). are you coming down then? whenever you are in town you should call!

Season Tickets! ...I will not covet...I will not covet..I will not covet
Yes, I'll be down for most of the week, taking a 3 day seminary course on healing the sinned against. It would be great to see you

Wild ride sounds kinda scarey (when it's not a dog song)

03-29-2008 22:53 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

It's a complex. ANything you need while you have my attention? DOH! Tongue Shocked

03-29-2008 22:59 SnowMan is offline Homepage of SnowMan Search for Posts by SnowMan Add SnowMan to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

quote:

Wild ride sounds kinda scarey (when it's not a dog song)

it's all good. Smile

it's just the twists and turns and challenging times that make up a life. Smile
it could be waaaaay worse......it's all about perspective (at least that's what i tell myself). Big Grin

03-29-2008 23:31 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Wink Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"it's all good. "

How did I know you would say That?

03-29-2008 23:36 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » A Wonderful Memory

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH