Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » iAlarma! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page iAlarma!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This guy is cheaply printing CDR type discs and selling them and splitting the money with RadRockers. Technically he is pirating the albums, a bootleg is generally a recording of a live show or something. This is more like people in other countries copying movies and selling them on the street to pocket the money. (Some people have even gotten in trouble for copying DVD movies and selling them on ebay.. )

We know who this guy is, he had nothing to do with Pulse records. There are no old copies of Vox Humana CDs stashed anywhere. Mike Delaney would be smart to drop this crap and stay away from it, he is going to alienate every artist this guy is ripping off.

04-23-2008 23:29 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Its not "Pulse" doing it.

These are newly bootlegged.. the same person is bootlegging a few other titles as well, including "demos" from a certain artist that is completely horrified that they're being sold at all.

steve taylor, or mike stand?

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

04-24-2008 05:17 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2008

quote:
Not necessarily.

That's good! Smile Is there anything in the works?

Man, I'm sorry to bog you guys down with all the newbie questions lately...but what all IS in the works right now?
04-24-2008 07:02 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
This guy is cheaply printing CDR type discs and selling them and splitting the money with RadRockers. .........

We know who this guy is, he had nothing to do with Pulse records. There are no old copies of Vox Humana CDs stashed anywhere. Mike Delaney would be smart to drop this crap and stay away from it, he is going to alienate every artist this guy is ripping off.

You guys (no pun here) have a better "pulse" on whos really doing what- and if thats the case- shame on Rad Rockers - I retract my defense if they are knowingly buying "direct" and putting it under the "we found these in a warehouse" catagory.

I know that royalties (small as they are at times) do roll forward. My son was involved in putting together the theme song for "Whos Line is it" that Drew Carey show..and seriously - bout 4 times a year for 5 years (til it went total syndication) he got a check..each one for less than a 5 dollars.
~but it does happen. Unions..so fair.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-24-2008 08:54 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

jiminy even has famous kids!!!

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

04-24-2008 09:00 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah thats because a big corporation will keep all their ducks in a row, because they have a legal staff.

Some lone guy out in the middle of nowhere can print things and sell them and think he is under the radar, he thinks maybe the artists, the RIAA, Ascap, etc might not even find out about it. Especially when they pass them off as 'being a mythological long lost box' or something.

We used to sell wholesale to Radrockers, but we won't as long as they are doing this.

"Whos Line Is It Anyway" is a cool show.

04-24-2008 09:18 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

well - next time - listen to the opening jingle..and think

"the Virgin Marcus?"

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...iendID=64654509

04-24-2008 11:04 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Very cool.. been fan of that show for a long time.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-24-2008 19:09 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:

These are newly bootlegged.. the same person is bootlegging a few other titles as well, including "demos" from a certain artist that is completely horrified that they're being sold at all.

Taylor. He's kind of ticked off.

If they have Mike Stand junk too, he should probably be alerted if he doesn't already know.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-24-2008 19:14 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by RoxxRegime
but what all IS in the works right now?

A bunch of things.. don't really want to name it all by name just yet.

We have some "major" type releases that will take some time and we have no idea how long. "Darn Floor" is probably the closest of all of those at the moment. (Of course, that could change). Terry's eager to get some things out.

Then we have efforts underway to bring back some of the "minor" releases of years past (things like the previously mentioned Live bootleg 82, Swirling Mellow, etc).. hopefully, we'll have something definite to announce soon in that area.

04-24-2008 19:18 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2008

quote:
A bunch of things.. don't really want to name it all by name just yet.

We have some "major" type releases that will take some time and we have no idea how long. "Darn Floor" is probably the closest of all of those at the moment. (Of course, that could change). Terry's eager to get some things out.

Then we have efforts underway to bring back some of the "minor" releases of years past (things like the previously mentioned Live bootleg 82, Swirling Mellow, etc).. hopefully, we'll have something definite to announce soon in that area.

That's GREAT news! If there's anything I can do to help (i.e. presales, etc.) say the word!
04-24-2008 19:54 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

me too- I men I've thrown away..er.... I mean invested -
in all things Taylor in times past......
IM KIDDING_
Cool

I am truly anxious to support- and everyone chipping in lil bits makes it easyon the pocketbook.

think- bout 2.4 gallons of gas = one pre-order.

(sigh..)

04-24-2008 21:30 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by larryl
quote:

Taylor. He's kind of ticked off.

If they have Mike Stand junk too, he should probably be alerted if he doesn't already know.

There are currently over 180 titles label as CDR in the RadRockers webstore. I assume most of them are pirate CDs (?)...Randy Stonehill, Daniel Amos, Altar Boys, Steve Taylor, Prayer Chian, Cush, Kerry Livgren +++++
04-25-2008 02:13 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Do they justify it by selling "legit" cassette tapes of the album along with the cd-r? I have seen that. I don't recall if it was RadRockers or not.

04-25-2008 05:37 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Administrator

From what I've seen.. all of these are justified by saying its some European company that had CDs in their warehouse or some crap like that.. each one has a different (usually fake) "label" name.

In the case of the Steve Taylor stuff, its not anything thats ever been legitimately available.

04-25-2008 18:10 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

This is really bad - I've lost all respect for Delaney. Mad Mad Mad
04-25-2008 18:56 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I bought Robert Vaughn - Love And War from Radrockers on CD a year or two ago. It was advertised as being released in Europe or something. I have not heard of the label and have not seen it anywhere else. Very shortly after I purchased it, it disappeared from the website. I already had it on vinyl. I don't remember the sound quality of the CD. I should get it out and listen to it.

04-25-2008 20:14 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I see they are selling a Prayer Chain - Neverland Sessions CD-R.

04-25-2008 20:17 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I see they are selling a Prayer Chain - Neverland Sessions CD-R.

they probably wouldn't care.

04-25-2008 22:21 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Probably not.

I have the original.

04-25-2008 23:35 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » iAlarma!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH