Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » MBD » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page MBD
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
Originally posted by Shemp
I remember way back when, when you could find all of the good stuff as well. I think these days it is all about the almighty $$$. I have to believe that there is some old christian book store that went out of business and some where in an abandoned warehouse, in the piles of unsold items are some DA and SE cd's or tapes.

that would be fun to stumble across. Big Grin

Yes indeed...

Hmmm... I'm gonna get me a shovel and start digging.

There's Gold in them thar hills!!!!

~G

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

05-16-2002 15:17 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kaf-N-8ed
quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
Originally posted by Shemp
I remember way back when, when you could find all of the good stuff as well. I think these days it is all about the almighty $$$. I have to believe that there is some old christian book store that went out of business and some where in an abandoned warehouse, in the piles of unsold items are some DA and SE cd's or tapes.

that would be fun to stumble across. Big Grin

Yes indeed...

Hmmm... I'm gonna get me a shovel and start digging.

There's Gold in them thar hills!!!!

~G

"Shovel go deep, heart beat true, chase the kangaroo"
Cool

05-16-2002 21:39 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

OK, now I'm really digging up an old thread.

First, it's almost 2 am in Arizona right now, and 38 people are viewing the message boards! Wow!

Second, there was a very good Christian book store in Phoenix, but it went out of business several years ago. (I think for awhile I was keeping it open). The owner made a reasonable effort to stock the "good" music, even some pretty rare stuff. In Tucson, I'm better off going to the used bookstores to find Christian music, because the CBS only carries garbage--yes, garbage--wrapped in square plastic casings.

07-05-2008 04:01 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

^I think that is true of most places.
Mine uses to have some good stuff.

All crap now. Frown

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 07-06-2008 00:44.

07-05-2008 06:07 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jon eddies jon eddies is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 10-29-2007

Mbd Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Anyway. The Christian bookstores USED to carry the good guys. Whatever happened? Maybe they found out that Steve Taylor was talking about THEM when he sang about "drinking milk from a Christian Cow"??????

That is too funny, makes me think of the song Easy Listening on Steve Taylor's Squint.
This whole dilema is why I long for downloads of all of this music. I mean unless you can make the trek to C-stone us Midwesterners have no way of getting these titles except for the brief time they are available on the websites. I for one can't make it to C-stone anymore. Too many darned responsibilities that leave me with no time and even less cash. Crying
MBD is one of those exact titles. I ordered it originally from this site, I love it I think it is sort of their masterpiece in a way. It combines the best of all of their musical directions in one massive double CD. Now the CD's are lost, I'm pretty sure one of my young children played frisbee with them and is in fear of their life so they didn't tell me(JK). But I would love to see even a short term down load of that entire project, even just for a week or so. I would gladly pay the full price for it. Wasn't MBD self released? Or does some faceless music nazi own the rights and isn't letting them go without a trillion dollars?
Anyway, love the album and I'll stop babbling for now.
Long live DA!!!! Long live real music!!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jon eddies: 07-05-2008 15:04.

07-05-2008 15:02 jon eddies is offline Send an Email to jon eddies Search for Posts by jon eddies Add jon eddies to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

RE: Mbd Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jon eddies
MBD is one of those exact titles. I ordered it originally from this site, I love it I think it is sort of their masterpiece in a way. It combines the best of all of their musical directions in one massive double CD. Now the CD's are lost, I'm pretty sure one of my young children played frisbee with them and is in fear of their life so they didn't tell me(JK). But I would love to see even a short term down load of that entire project, even just for a week or so. I would gladly pay the full price for it. Wasn't MBD self released? Or does some faceless music nazi own the rights and isn't letting them go without a trillion dollars?

Still on the webstore - still only fifteen bucks plus S&H for the two discs. Not as convenient as downloading, but it hasn't gone the way of the dinosaur just yet.
07-05-2008 22:08 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

hmmm Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow, I could swear that the last time I looked all they had for MBD was for the Making of Video. Just goes to show that I need to check the store more often. Thanks!!! Big Grin
07-05-2008 23:50 jon eddies is offline Send an Email to jon eddies Search for Posts by jon eddies Add jon eddies to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

strange Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ALthough there is no link to add it to the cart? I will have to look into this. I want me another copy of that. paying 15 dollars twice is actually paying closer to what it's worth anyway Cool
07-05-2008 23:54 jon eddies is offline Send an Email to jon eddies Search for Posts by jon eddies Add jon eddies to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

RE: strange Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Whoops, didn't notice the notice that says "Currenty out of stock". But I believe the Audis are planning on whipping up another batch pretty soon (or more correctly, "as soon as possible" - pre-orders, anyone? Tongue ), so don't despair!

Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wakachiwaka: 07-06-2008 00:41.

07-06-2008 00:39 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Daniel Amos - Mr. Buechner's Dream

2 CD Set - The brand new epic release, "Mr Buechner's Dream", is sure to become a favorite for DA fans. Each one of the 34 tracks exemplifies exactly what DA fans, old and new, have come to love from this creative and eclectic alternative rock band. From the upbeat rocker "Who's Who Here", the Beatlesque "Staggering Gods" to the beautiful melodies of "And So It Goes..." and "Beautiful Martyr". With wonderful packaging and artwork designed by drummer Ed McTaggart, this release is sure to become an instant DA classic!
Double CD: $12.00

TheChoir.net store

You do have to scroll down some. Cool

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 07-06-2008 00:53.

07-06-2008 00:48 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Keep an eye on this ebay auction - still 8 days left on it, but maybe the bidding will stay low...
07-06-2008 00:50 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Its coming back. We have a couple of titles we're working to get reprinted because they're selling out again... then the next one in line is Buechner's Dream.

It was a Stunt Release, but it was also done through Galaxy21. The new printings will probably be just solid Stunt Releases.

By the way.. we might have several of the older titles coming back in the very near future. We still want to do deluxe multi-disc remastered versions eventually... but, we might be able to have some of them available again as a standard release in the meantime.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-06-2008 16:46 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » MBD

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH