Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs on Route 66 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (12): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] 10 11 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Lost Dogs on Route 66 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Frown Frown
09-15-2008 16:29 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
lam77s
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

GPS and Santa Monica Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I understand they are experiencing technical difficulties with the GPS. Hopefully they will get it up and running soon.

Santa Monica will be a beach party with no concert per se. They will bring out their guitars at some point, play and sing, but it could be anything from a few songs to...... Who knows? :-)

We will do our best to have complete up-to-date info here: myspace.com/thelostdogsmusic.

Linda
09-16-2008 04:44 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm really curious as to how they are financing this trip. With stops that are just pit stops at historic or touristy spots along the road they don't seem to be bringing in much money. Did they really bring in enough through those post card orders, etc?

Maybe it isn't any of my business. If so, just say that and I'll shut up.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
09-16-2008 16:07 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
voxrob
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-02-2003

According to the GPS... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

... they're in Litchfield, IL -- dinner stop at the Ariston? My wife would be sooo jealous.
09-16-2008 17:02 voxrob is offline Send an Email to voxrob Search for Posts by voxrob Add voxrob to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

RE: According to the GPS... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by voxrob
... they're in Litchfield, IL -- dinner stop at the Ariston? My wife would be sooo jealous.

I don't think it is working still. I checked a few times today and they keep going up and down that same section of I-55.

09-16-2008 17:51 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah talked to Mike, they backtracked to IL because of St Louis traffic. They are heading to the Arch, and then to the Grand Ted Drews Ice Cream place around 7ish.

09-16-2008 18:06 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

RE: GPS and Santa Monica Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lam77s
They will bring out their guitars at some point, play and sing, but it could be anything from a few songs to...... Who knows? :-)

Open jam? Cool
09-16-2008 18:28 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

The Cozy Dog "show" was great. My wife and I drove two hours to see the Dogs and eat some dogs (corn dogs, that is), and since she'd been there before, and told me it was great, we weren't going to miss it. I even got to play Mike's guitar while he ate lunch.

They filmed a couple of bits, interviewed a couple who had been married on Route 66 forty-some years ago, and, from what I could gather, spit on the founding of the interstate system Big Grin . They played four songs:

Tumblin' Tumbleweeds/Cool Water
The Glory Road
Devil's Elbow
The Cozy Dog Song

The last being written by Steve and Terry the night before as a jingle for the restaurant.

The vibe for this tour is really cool!

09-16-2008 20:53 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

They're at Devil's Elbow! Smile

------------------

http://www.historic66.com/missouri/det-mo2.html

Hooker

Stay on MO-Z

Hooker's Cut: a massive rock cut.
2lane 4lane (MO-Z)

Turn left onto Teardrop Rd. just before the Big Piney River

Continue straight on the 4 lane alignment (MO-Z).
to drive through Devil's Elbow.
Devil's Elbow

Elbow inn

Vista Point

Grandview courts

Turn left onto the 4 lane.

continue

-----------------------------

There by the sumac and the thicket of the evergreen,
carved our names next to the others in Pacific CIty Beams
We passed the faded billboards and all the tumbleweed dreams
It's on to Devil's Elbow

Had a sizzlin' t-bone, a vegatable and fries
and a Roquefort side-salad for a buck twenty five
We can fill our bellies, watch the river rise
down at Devil's Elbow

And Dotty the waitress says "When we quit,
we'll put a lock on the door
and that'll be it
No more chicken-in-a-basket
or Chili-Supper benefits
Getting' out of Devil's Elbow"

The lumberjacks gave it its infamous name
The Big Piney River has the bend to blame
(log jams bein' it's claim to fame)
Trapped in Devil's Elbow

And it's a threat to the old folks
and it's death to youth
Jammed up so badly you can't get loose
and the only escape is in known' this truth:
You're lost in Devil's Elbow

God knows I love you baby and I loved you well
but the water kept risin' and the timber fell
You left to find heaven, I got squeezed in hell
All alone in Devil's Elbow

There by the sumac and the thicket of the evergreen
Carved our names next to the others in Pacific City beams
Passed the faded billboards and all the tumbleweed dreams
It's on to Devil's Elbow

Mountain Fan has attached this image (reduced version):
devils elbow gps.jpg

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 09-18-2008 14:51.

09-18-2008 14:32 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

WOW! Shocked Big Grin
Devils Elbow Ceiling

Got a few miles left ...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 09-18-2008 15:10.

09-18-2008 15:08 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

and I (in some ways) hate living up north because??????

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
09-18-2008 22:09 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

bridges fall in the water sometimes? Frown

Got a few miles left ...

09-19-2008 14:15 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

bridges fall in the water sometimes? Frown

Simon and Garfunkel- Bridge Over Troubled Water

When youre weary, feeling small,
When tears are in your eyes, I will dry them all;
Im on your side. when times get rough
And friends just cant be found,
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down.
I will lay me down.

When youre down and out,
When youre on the street,
When evening falls so hard
I will comfort you.
Ill take your part.
When darkness comes
And pains is all around,
I will lay me down.
I will lay me down.

Sail on silvergirl,
Sail on by.
Your time has come to shine.
All your dreams are on their way.
See how they shine.
If you need a friend
Im sailing right behind.
I will ease your mind.
I will ease your mind.

Cool
09-19-2008 14:19 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

I would like to hear Mike cover that. His voice is as pretty as Art's sometimes.
09-19-2008 14:25 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
77'sRule! 77'sRule! is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 09-13-2008

Didn't Michael W. Smith cover that song?

Is that the Mike you are talking about? Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by 77'sRule!: 09-19-2008 16:28.

09-19-2008 16:28 77'sRule! is offline Search for Posts by 77'sRule! Add 77'sRule! to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Wink Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

exactly!
09-19-2008 16:53 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

Video of The Lost Dogs on Route 66 is here!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Pfiagra: 09-20-2008 13:12.

09-19-2008 22:48 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Pfiagra
Video of The Lost Dogs on Route 66 is here!

Not anymore.

09-20-2008 08:51 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

Then try here.

09-20-2008 13:08 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

there they are with their "pre-trip"
haircuts and all..

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
09-22-2008 08:41 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (12): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] 10 11 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs on Route 66

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH