Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs on Route 66 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (12): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] 11 12 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Lost Dogs on Route 66 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Anybody else going to make it to Santa Monica? I'm catching a flight in the morning.

I was expecting it to be a concert but a beach party could be fun too. My wife made several jokes about seeing the Dogs in swimsuits not being her idea of a fun time. Oh well, she'll just have to miss out this time.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
09-26-2008 14:08 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
Anybody else going to make it to Santa Monica? I'm catching a flight in the morning.

I was expecting it to be a concert but a beach party could be fun too. My wife made several jokes about seeing the Dogs in swimsuits not being her idea of a fun time. Oh well, she'll just have to miss out this time.

i thought i was gonna make it...but i will be working.

09-26-2008 14:30 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

I can't make it. Crying

Frown Frown Frown

09-27-2008 02:01 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I'm not going.

09-27-2008 03:23 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

would if I could but I cant so I wont
(be)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
09-29-2008 08:16 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Hey All, This is the first time that I have been able to get online since the show on Saturday evening. I don't have much time to get into all the specifics on the show. It was a lot of fun although a little cold. Fog had rolled in and the temp was about 65 degrees. They played on even into the dark. Jimmy A hung a Coleman lantern from tripod so they could see their music stands. The show came to a screeching halt in the middle of a song when the RV generator over heated. They moved a little closer to the common people and did a couple acoustic songs. All in all, it was a nice evening on the beach with some good music.

A couple highlights include:

* A new version of Glory Road
* A couple passes by the police and beach patrol. Mike commented that he thought they would get busted, then quickly realized that they are the band that can't even get the cops to pay them any attention. "The band that can't get busted."

09-30-2008 23:54 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

When you cant get the cops to flinch- theres only one answer.
TURN IT UP!

sounds like a Rooftop Concert experience- on the beach Cool

10-01-2008 07:52 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

quote:
"The band that can't get busted."

Cool

10-01-2008 08:37 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

How big was the crowd? What was the feeling of the crowd? Curious, or were they pretty much fans?
10-01-2008 18:16 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I'd say there were about 80 or so not counting kids. There was a mix between people that knew them and fans. It sort of felt like a family picnic at the beach.

They had an opening act. His name was something Ryan. Might have been Chris Ryan - not sure. He was the 17 yr old son of Dawn from Crumbacher. He played two songs and they were OK.

Another highlight was when Terry started going on about how people come to him and say he is a genius. They talk about how he writes so many great songs. They ask how he does it. He replies, "Well, Mike, Steve and Derry, it's like this..."

They had stories about the unique smells that they come across when you get all those guys in a small RV with one small bathroom. I can imagine that it wouldn't be pretty.

10-02-2008 00:10 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
4 guys traveling cross-country in an RV? I predict 2 things:

1) the creation and discovery of fascinating new odors, and;

2) the imminent breakup of the band.

Tongue

Looks like I called it on #1. Big Grin
10-02-2008 08:19 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

lordy -(one of them )are lookin at 60 soon-
whats one to think????

(think getting a hug from your granpa when you were about 4..remember that???..apply liberally)

10-02-2008 08:35 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

glad to hear the beach party was OK, aside from the RV generator.

any word on when tour stuff will be available in the webstore?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-05-2008 16:42 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Glory Road

10-06-2008 14:31 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

freakin' awesome.

10-06-2008 15:08 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
77'sRule! 77'sRule! is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 09-13-2008

I love Glory Road, and that's a really cool version of it! Any chance of a Mutt 2 (or two Mutts Pleased )? That would be a great version of the song to have in the collection somewhere.
10-06-2008 15:10 77'sRule! is offline Search for Posts by 77'sRule! Add 77'sRule! to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by 77'sRule!
I love Glory Road, and that's a really cool version of it! Any chance of a Mutt 2 (or two Mutts Pleased )? That would be a great version of the song to have in the collection somewhere.

I'm guessing that it will appear in a CD or DVD related to this tour.

10-06-2008 15:36 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-448.gif

Registration Date: 06-17-2002

quote:
Glory Road

All I can say is WOW! that is freaking awesome!!!!
10-06-2008 16:48 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

The Glory Road Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That was a great version of the song. I am in awe that that song can be reinvented and sound fresh and awesome each and every time. I do miss the accordian though.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
10-06-2008 18:31 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

quote:
Glory Road

I love the walkers, bikers & rollerskaters going by in the background Cool

10-07-2008 07:26 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Pages (12): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] 11 12 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs on Route 66

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH