Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 15 16 [17] 18 19 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary 8 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Berger Roy Al's real name is Carter Pownder. Pownder was an Ellis Island abbreviation from the original Irish Pownder McCheese.

And who'd ever buy into a rocker with a name like Carter Pownder-McCheese?
08-07-2008 17:27 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
Berger Roy Al's real name is Carter Pownder. Pownder was an Ellis Island abbreviation from the original Irish Pownder McCheese.

And who'd ever buy into a rocker with a name like Carter Pownder-McCheese?

Well played, sir!

08-07-2008 22:38 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Big Grin Morning Berger! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Rough morning? Confused

Little Hair of the dog time??

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 08-08-2008 05:44.

08-08-2008 05:42 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Have a great Friday.

Say "Hi" to Chandler for me.

08-08-2008 05:44 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
crunchee crunchee is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 12-03-2003

quote:
Originally posted by colorblind
I'm curious as to how this relationship with Arena Rock Recording Co even began? My guess is the Larry Norman connection...but even that one I don't get.
There must be some Arena Rock A&R guy with roots in the strange world of ccm rock or something???

one of the guys in charge of the reissue is j. edward keyes. people around here might know him best from writing starflyer 59's bio in their easy come, easy go set. he's written for magnet and writes for the all music guide and emusic now. i've been reading his stuff for about ten years now.

although he's an atheist, he does have roots in the church. he's a huge fan/critic of daniel amos, mike knott and the 77s (and some of their related bands). i remember hearing that he played sin disease in its entirety on the college radio station that he dj'd.

hopefully he doesn't get upset with me spilling his guts here. he's really a good egg.

08-08-2008 09:17 crunchee is offline Send an Email to crunchee Homepage of crunchee Search for Posts by crunchee Add crunchee to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of crunchee: djshopvac8
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by crunchee
i remember hearing that he played sin disease in its entirety on the college radio station that he dj'd.

Sweet! Pleased

08-08-2008 16:29 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Bump Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As of today...
CD release date TBD

Also, try Googling 'Arena Rock Recording' and look for something a little odd with the first item you see. Has anyone else noticed this before?

08-24-2008 14:08 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Shocked RE: Bump Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

wtf??? Mad Mad Mad
maybe i will just stick w/ my cd-r and 21 year old tape........... Roll Eyes

Tongue

Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 08-24-2008 14:24.

08-24-2008 14:23 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ceremonial Kernel

re: Cats For Obama - ARRCO is an indie-rock label. If you were expecting conservatism, you're overthinking the whole thing.

I will say, however, that their foot-dragging during this summer has been disappointing. The thing should have been finalized in time for Cornerstone, then pushed out afterward. Now what are we looking at? Fourth quarter? Holiday sales?
08-24-2008 14:38 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I suggest you click this link instead:

Arena Rock - DFBB

08-24-2008 17:33 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
re: Cats For Obama - ARRCO is an indie-rock label. If you were expecting conservatism, you're overthinking the whole thing.

I will say, however, that their foot-dragging during this summer has been disappointing. The thing should have been finalized in time for Cornerstone, then pushed out afterward. Now what are we looking at? Fourth quarter? Holiday sales?

I was hoping the thing would be done for Christmas last year! Tongue

08-24-2008 20:17 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:

I was hoping the thing would be done for Christmas last year! Tongue

damb democrats can't do anything right......... Roll Eyes

Tongue

Big Grin Wink

Cool
08-24-2008 21:18 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

quote:
We are proud to announce that DA's (Daniel Amos) Darn Floor, Big Bite is going to (finally) see it's proper re-issue this year! CDs are in production as I type. This will be a special 2-CD release. CD ONE will contain the original album re-mastered by our guru Don Tyler at Precision Mastering in LA (with help from our beloved Claudia). CD TWO will contain interviews, outtakes, and behind-the-scenes stuff that you DA dorks will love. Check back for a PRE-ORDER announcement soon.

Good news, everyone, good news!

08-24-2008 21:39 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Same old (x2) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Don't mean to disappoint ya Marky, but that same message has been there for quite some time.

Frown

08-24-2008 22:00 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

quote:
CDs are in production as I type.

What does "production" mean? Confused

It's a very generic word that could mean a lot of different things.

08-25-2008 00:42 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Exactly.. I *think* what they mean is just that its "in the works." As in, how a Producer is producing an album long before its being manufactured. This message was actually up on their site before the bonus CD was even completely approved by the band.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-25-2008 00:53 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
As in, how a Producer is producing an album long before its being manufactured.

Not to be too critical, but to almost every band/label/manager/music fan, what they said there means that the CD's are being actually made (booklets printed, CD glass master stamping out CD's, etc.).

At least they are doing the reissue. Maybe they just need to clarify a little better.

08-25-2008 09:03 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:
As in, how a Producer is producing an album long before its being manufactured.

Not to be too critical, but to almost every band/label/manager/music fan, what they said there means that the CD's are being actually made (booklets printed, CD glass master stamping out CD's, etc.).

At least they are doing the reissue. Maybe they just need to clarify a little better.

I think they clarified as much as they meant to clarify.

08-25-2008 18:55 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I'm concerned with a general atmosphere lacking momentum.
08-25-2008 19:57 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
I think they clarified as much as they meant to clarify.

So then, politicians own this label? Shocked

quote:
I'm concerned with a general atmosphere lacking momentum.

Yeah, but they seem to be a label that puts out what they announce. I don't really doubt it will happen, I'm just ready to hear this album for the first time. Crying

08-25-2008 20:55 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 15 16 [17] 18 19 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH