Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » what should I buy??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page what should I buy???
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

what should I buy??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Okay, the big question here.... I just got a little Christmas bonus, and I want to buy something else from the DA Webstore.

What should I buy?

Now, you may recall, that I'm "one of those" that started my DA/TST/SE collection back in the day of Record Albums. As such, I have everything up to DFBB except for Revelation. Among TST things I have K&I and Briefing. Among SE things I remember having "Lets Spin" once but don't seem to have it any more.

Among the things currently for sale at the webstore I've bought, Mr. B's D., Zoom Daddy, and "Our Personal Favorite World Famous Hits"

I'm planning to place an order later today, so let's hear your votes for the money best spent! (and, no, I can't afford to buy everything in the store...)

Right now, I'm thinking of buying Berry Vest...

Also, I'd like to understand what the deal is with the When Everone Wore Hats Bookset. I don't understand it... It sounds cool, but I don't "get" the part about pre-sales and stuff. Do you pay once and then get each part of the bookset when they are in stock???? Or do you pay once and get your T-Shirt now and everything else when it becomes in stock???? Also, I'd like to know what the tracklist is for the second CD in the set. Is it music? Story? interviews????

Anyway... let me know what you guys think.

Cheers!
Gus

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

05-15-2002 10:31 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

That's a good choice.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

.... Berry Vest is the one that got ME goin', so I'm not going to knock it.... If y'r feeling frisky, you might want to ante up for John Wayne & Imaginarium (especially if you've got kids around....)

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-15-2002 10:37 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kaf-N-8ed
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

there also seems to be Kalhoun for sale by amazon.com - new copies.

For some reason they have it listed as an "import" - anybody know why that would be?

Is Kalhoun anybody's favorite?

~kaf

For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava

05-15-2002 10:48 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Luteous Llama

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

One more thing here...

It looks like Songs of the Heart is identical to CD1 in the When Everyone Wore Hats Bookset. Are these CDs in fact identical, or a different mix or something????

So, which one is a better buy?

Smile

~Kaf

For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava

05-15-2002 10:54 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

Desert Island DA Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

just make sure ya got these before ya get anything else-

Vox Humana

Darn Floor

Motorcycle

Mr. Buechner

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
05-15-2002 11:46 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

motorcycle Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am not sure where you get it-
but it is a real find
Motorcycle
and Kalhoun are
great melodic works
and MBD
oh well- Im being
redunant again
JiMiny
05-15-2002 11:52 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Kaf-N-8ed
Also, I'd like to understand what the deal is with the When Everone Wore Hats Bookset. I don't understand it... It sounds cool, but I don't "get" the part about pre-sales and stuff. Do you pay once and then get each part of the bookset when they are in stock???? Or do you pay once and get your T-Shirt now and everything else when it becomes in stock???? Also, I'd like to know what the tracklist is for the second CD in the set. Is it music? Story? interviews???

Preorders:
You pay once, and you will receive the bookset and all of the music + free tshirts as soon as they arrive - should be around the middle of June according to the manufacturer.
You can also pick your copy up at Cornerstone if you want to - just let us know asap, so we don't ship it out.

Track List:
The first CD is the same as "Songs of the Heart", I believe.

The second CD is newly recorded acoustic arrangements of the entire "Songs of the Heart" album + some brand new material.

The third disc is (I think) Terry reading the story.. At least that was the plan last I heard, things may have changed at the last minute. I'll see if I can get a full track list for the store.

(The book itself includes new artwork by Brian Heydn, photos, and the full story of Bud & Irma, written by Terry)

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-15-2002 12:43 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by ™
just make sure ya got these before ya get anything else-

Thanks...

quote:

Vox Humana

- check (X) (I just scored a CD of VH at my local used bookstore a couple weeks ago...

quote:

Darn Floor

- check (X) (Already got that as a record album - yep, I can still play them things...) (Not yet willing to fork out $70 for a CD from ebay, but I'll keep looking around...)

quote:

Motorcycle

- hmmm... now that's interesting. I'm gonna have to look around for that too.

quote:

Mr. Buechner

got it! thanks...

~G~

For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava

05-15-2002 17:31 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

quote:
there also seems to be Kalhoun for sale by amazon.com - new copies.

For some reason they have it listed as an "import" - anybody know why that would be?

~kaf

how much are they asking?

05-15-2002 18:09 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:

~kaf

it's not my favorite, but it's high on my list!

BD

05-16-2002 10:23 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:

~kaf

BD

Well, I went ahead and ordered Bery Vest and decided to get in line for my copy of the Bookset whenever the boat comes in.

But I haven't decided whether or not to splurge for Kalhoun.

For one thing - why does amazon.com have them in stock when they have been out of print for a bit? Why does Amazon say theirs is an import? (IS SOMEBODY on a farm in MALASIA printing these things illegally so that DA doesn't get the royalties?????????)

I don't know... I'm just such a sceptic.

Anyway, they want $20.00 for it. It just sounds too good to be true.

~Gus

For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava

05-16-2002 15:23 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:

~kaf

BD

Well, I went ahead and ordered Bery Vest and decided to get in line for my copy of the Bookset whenever the boat comes in.

But I haven't decided whether or not to splurge for Kalhoun.

For one thing - why does amazon.com have them in stock when they have been out of print for a bit? Why does Amazon say theirs is an import? (IS SOMEBODY on a farm in MALASIA printing these things illegally so that DA doesn't get the royalties?????????)

I don't know... I'm just such a sceptic.

Anyway, they want $20.00 for it. It just sounds too good to be true.

~Gus

The Glass Harp CDs are imports from Germany, if they are not out of print. That "It makes me glad" is the really tough one to get.

any leads out there?

05-16-2002 21:35 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » what should I buy???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH