Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Returning Oddities » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Returning Oddities 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
mens retreat on the Kern river

I take it you drove up "the canyon" and camped somewhere along the river. Was it upstream or downstream from Lake Isabella?
...My in-laws live there (own a really goood restaurant), so I know the area fairly well.

From Merle Haggard's song Kern River:
I'll never swim Kern River again.
It was there that I met her.
It was there that I lost my best friend.
And now I live in the mountains.
I drifted up here with the wind.
And I may drown in still water,
But I'll never swim Kern River again.
I grew up in an oil town,
But my gusher never came in.
And the river was a boundary,
Where my darlin' and I used to swim.
One night in the moonlight,
The swiftness swept her life away.

09-06-2008 17:41 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ctrups
I love the Telethon.

I remember listening to the whole CD as a group of 4 of us drove up to a mens retreat on the Kern river,well actually on the land beside the Kern river.

The 4 of us had grown up in church together and gone thru High School together but we were as different as different could be.

I of course was the only DA fan and they thought I was nuts when we started playing the Telethon but by the time we got to the song Sprinklerhead they were laughing their heads off.

Hide the Beer the Pastors here was especially poignant as the other 3 all had gone to are were going to Biola.

DEAN

Great story. The Telethon is much more enjoyable when there are others to laugh along with the zaniness and a car ride sounds like the perfect venue for such a captive audience! Pleased

09-07-2008 09:25 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Is "LITTLE, big" owned by someone else, or is that a possibility for a reissue?
10-27-2008 20:17 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

"LITTLE, big" will be making a return. Its a Stunt owned release.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-27-2008 21:07 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Eis
Is "LITTLE, big" owned by someone else, or is that a possibility for a reissue?

I would think of selling you mine, but I do actually really like "Mamas in the Desert, Daddy's in the Sky". Maybe you could buy me the DFBB re-release and we could trade? JK Big Grin

It's a good EP if you most enjoyed Terry's first 2 solo efforts and was also produced by Rob Watson.

If you most enjoyed John Wayne or Avocado Faultline you might be a little bummed.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-28-2008 09:29 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

mountain fan is a returning oddity..........

i am one too............ Tongue Wink

Cool
10-28-2008 12:04 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ubique Epoque

I'm not really returning, but I guess I am an oddity. Red Face Big Grin

I dunno, maybe I'm not just JK on a trade? I'll check with br and see what her attachments to Little, Big are. The more I think about it, the more I think I might be willing to do a trade. I would trade for Motorcycle, Bibleland, Doppelganger CDs.

DFBB reissue isn't out until what? 11/25 or something?

anybody have the BD-produced Phil Madeira-Terry Taylor DVD or the Andy's Angels DVD? I would trade for one of those now, maybe other BD stuff. I think he also had a cornerstone show too? I do already have his Roe-Taylor BBQ DVD and the Lost Dogs Cooperstown CD.

Got a few miles left ...

10-28-2008 14:50 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan

anybody have the BD-produced Phil Madeira-Terry Taylor DVD or the Andy's Angels DVD? I would trade for one of those now, maybe other BD stuff..

i have both and not willing to trade.... Red Face
i would trade my little, big as well for an official copy of dfbb... Pleased

Cool
10-28-2008 15:05 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan

anybody have the BD-produced Phil Madeira-Terry Taylor DVD or the Andy's Angels DVD? I would trade for one of those now, maybe other BD stuff..

i have both and not willing to trade.... Red Face
i would trade my little, big as well for an official copy of dfbb... Pleased

DAmb competition Mad Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

10-28-2008 15:45 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

I just ordered The Miracle Faith Telethone of Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-14-2008 12:00 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
Administrator

Little Bigs coming back.. should be easy to get very soon.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-14-2008 12:02 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I'll keep my eyes open for LB, I foolishly squandered the chance to buy it earlier.

Will Fearful Symmetry come back?

11-14-2008 13:30 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Administrator

All of the KMG stuff is a little more difficult.. but we're all trying to bring as much back as possible. THere are some exciting things brewing if everything works out.

11-14-2008 13:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

you guys have too many secrets... Wink

11-14-2008 13:53 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Well, a lot of plans fall through. We can't really tell everything we hear until it is validated in some way otherwise people get 'disapointed'. We've recently heard some interesting news that probably will turn into an announcement before too long, once it goes beyond the idea stage.

11-14-2008 13:57 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

People who know secrets are special

11-14-2008 14:14 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Mind Peach

Does "Little BIG" coming soon...mean that it will be available in a matter of weeks...days...hours...minutes...seconds...???????

11-14-2008 16:28 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

I wish that I knew more history to this Random Acts CD.
What were the "Starter Set demos" actually for...and how was J.Martin involved (he was the producer, right? Did he help with songwriting and intrumentation?)?
I'm just trying to make sense as to where these songs came from, although I'm sure this is a stupid question for loyal Taylor fans.

11-14-2008 16:32 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
Administrator

On "LITTLE big"... possibly days. A week or so tops.

On "Starter Set".. Here's what the liner notes had to say..

"The Starter Set, featuring Terry Scott Taylor and Jason Martin (of Starflyer 59 fame) was a brilliant, but short lived and ill-fated experiment designed to attract industry attention. Haven’t we used that line before? Well, once again, its true. And, truth is always stranger than fiction. Here are the unreleased demos you won’t hear anywhere else."

11-14-2008 18:34 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by colorblind
you guys have too many secrets... Wink

11-14-2008 19:01 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Returning Oddities

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH