Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » darn floor! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page darn floor!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jon eddies jon eddies is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 10-29-2007

Darn Floor Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just checked and it is on I tunes! Yea baby. I will likely download it and then order a hard copy. Nothing like some instant gratification.
11-26-2008 20:34 jon eddies is offline Send an Email to jon eddies Search for Posts by jon eddies Add jon eddies to your Buddy List
Kit
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 11-30-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Waterloo Records in Austin had this, so I went ahead and bought it there.

It's also #15 on emusic right now.

11-26-2008 23:23 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DFBB is #1 on emusic if you refine it to Alternative and New This Week. It's also an Editor's Pick and #159 on that list (which includes all genres).

11-27-2008 08:49 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

importcds.com has DFBB for $12.98. That's the lowest I've seen it for so far.

11-27-2008 10:17 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
importcds.com has DFBB for $12.98. That's the lowest I've seen it for so far.

same price at circuitcity.com
my wife and i are looking at the black friday specials... i told her she can order it for me along with some video games for my son...
free shipping if your order totals $24 or more...
i said i know i'll be getting it for Christmas, or my b-day..(2 days earlier..), but if she doesnt get it, i'm gonna order it myself.... Big Grin

Cool

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 11-27-2008 11:31.

11-27-2008 11:27 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

I got it for 11.99 through my buddy's record store. But then again, I get a discount because I work there a couple days a week.
11-27-2008 15:04 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
me-is-e me-is-e is a male
Esculent Eskimo

images/avatars/avatar-288.jpg

Registration Date: 09-08-2008

bump

ah, order has been restored!

me-is-e
11-27-2008 23:12 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
me-is-e me-is-e is a male
Esculent Eskimo

images/avatars/avatar-288.jpg

Registration Date: 09-08-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
quote:
Originally posted by me-is-e
quote:
I was at Borders yesterday, and, just because I was wondering, I asked if they had DFBB and, if not, if they planned to carry it. The answer to both was "no" but I could special order it. Later, at Best Buy, I asked the same question, and was told they don't have it, but it is the corporate office that decides what music they carry, so he didn't know if they would eventually carry it. ...But I could special order. I haven't been anywhere else. It'll be interesting to see who carries the album and how many copies get sold. I'd be a bit surprised to find it at the local CBS.

I read this and just out of curiouity, checked the Best Buy website. Its listed there as a special order for $14.99!?!? It is on Amazon too, as I've marked it there for my personal recommedations. I'm sure the difference of listing an item on the website and carrying it in the store is based on what they think they sell best to the average 'window shopper'. So then it begs the question, how does an artist like Terry get even a few copies to show up in a store for someone to discover and buy?

When Arena Rock did the larry norman disc I asked our best buy and they said they won't carry it in store and just make it a special order item if each store only gets like one copy. So it could be, that, if Arena Rock makes their money back and can print more copies and distribute them they could show up in store I would assume.

That's good to hear in a way. It would be nice to just stumble onto a 'hard copy' of favorite artist album in store. I would think that, no matter how small the amount might be, having a product in a public place would have to help either interest or returns.

me-is-e
11-27-2008 23:13 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Right now on emusic DFBB is #51 if refined to "Alternative."

11-28-2008 00:47 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Without filtering (so including all genres), DFBB is currently #432 (out of 165,086) on emusic, right behind Creedence Clearwater Revival Bayou Country (40th Anniversary Edition) and right in front of Bing Crosby Christmas. I noticed that DFBB is charting higher than some albums that, at one time or another, went gold or platinum. And it's currently higher than some albums by "popular" CCM artists. There are many albums that are far more recognizable than DFBB (you know, to the average emusic customer) that are charting well below #432.
I hope that's a good sign.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ritchie_az: 11-28-2008 04:54.

11-28-2008 04:51 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

Eric/Jason,

Perhaps this has already been asked...but does Terry and the Boys get a good cut from the sales of this re-issue? I would hope that this Arena Rock re-issue makes for a real Merry Christmas for the most underrated rock band in the world...
It's awesome to hear how high this has charted in e-music, etc.
They need more HIGH PROFILE reviews...and since this is an Arena Rock release, it shouldn't be too hard to get them. PopMatters and PitchforkMedia need to review this...and the album will gain a lot more interest than it already has.
Anyways...I can't wait for mine to arrive!

11-28-2008 09:20 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

The fellas get a good cut of it. Their cut will always be less than normal when an outside company is involved since they have to make their money too. But, the hope is that with the increased exposure and distribution (and hopefully sales) it will balance out to be worthwhile for everyone. So, it all depends on overall sales. Its been going well so far, but its too early to tell too much.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-28-2008 09:27 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

It's now up to #316 on emusic (without filtering).

11-28-2008 10:14 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

I got mine today!!!!!!!!!!
Great packaging...can't wait to dive into it...

11-28-2008 14:21 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Big Grin Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm not suggesting anyone Google Bomb to bring up the profile (Google Bombing is just a constant search for a topic done by many in a brief period of time: it forces the topic higher in the Google filters)... nor am I suggesting that everyone get signed up on Digg.com and rack up a high Digg for this site's DFBB news item... NOR am I suggesting that everyone with Facebook and MySpace somehow incorporate DFBB's existence into it...
11-28-2008 14:28 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

Ah... the power of non-suggestion. Big Grin
11-28-2008 14:35 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Kit
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 11-30-2003

Where are people getting these emusic stats from? I see #51 and #316 in this thread. But every time I go on emusic and look at "Today's Top Albums", it's in the top 20. Are you all speaking of completely different stats?

*edit*
Nevermind, I see what you guys are doing. I was only looking at "today" stats I guess.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 11-28-2008 22:26.

11-28-2008 22:23 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Ceremonial Kernel

Yeah, if refined to "Top Download for Today" DFBB is currently #21, right behind Joan Jett I Love Rock n' Roll and in front of Deep Elm Sampler No. 8 "Bonfire of Trust". If refined to "Top Download for This Week" DFBB is #43. If refined to "Top Download for This Month" DFBB is #316.
You can refine it other ways, too. Under "New This Week" it's #4. Under "Editor's Pick" it's #2. Under "Top Alternative Download for Today" it's #10. "Top Alternative Download for This Week" #14. "Top Alternative Download for This Month" #115. Under "Top 2000's Release Date Download for Today" it's #17.

11-28-2008 23:35 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Threads are in the correct order. Harmony has returned.

11-28-2008 23:57 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:
Threads are in the correct order. Harmony has returned.

eHarmony? I thought you were talking about eMusic!

11-29-2008 20:46 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » darn floor!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH