Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » the starter set (demos) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page the starter set (demos)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

the starter set (demos) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've been listening to The Starter Set demos from Random Acts, and I have a huge love for Jason Martin (SF59).
I'm a little suprised that more guys in the SF59 fanbase don't talk about this...I get the impression that it isn't widely known that this was a collab with Taylor & Martin.

I like the little liner notes included with the CD, but it's all still a little mysterious to me.

1. Are The Starter Set demos on the Random Acts CD the only tracks from this project?
2. What market was this project aimed for (CCM / major)?
3. Why did it die (lack of label interest perhaps?)?

Anyways, if there's any more Starter Set material laying around, I'd appreciate it if Terry just sent it all to me. Wink

Thanks.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by colorblind: 02-19-2009 11:57.

02-19-2009 11:56 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know the cassette master only included those two songs. I don't know if more were worked on and just not finished or what.

I really don't remember what the history of that whole thing was.. maybe we can get Terry to comment.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-19-2009 12:56 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yeah like we could get his superflous majesty to show up once in awhile

i think all this success and starlet status has gone to his head that's what i think and i can't even tell you what kind of comments have been coming from the yard gnomes lately - let's just say it wouldn't get aired on your typical CCM channeling vapid steaming iPOD radio station, know what I mean?

and under their breath between their undocumentable comments they keep muttering "big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite big bite... " until i finally turn on the sprinklers.

Psalm 119:83
02-19-2009 20:42 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

We're not worthy

02-19-2009 22:11 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

oh, puh-leeze Roll Eyes

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
02-20-2009 21:27 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

Some are less worthy than others.
02-22-2009 22:11 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Some simply just need to let the bee out of their bonnet.

02-22-2009 22:32 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

here is a true "worthy", james Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

02-23-2009 11:48 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Some simply just need to let the bee out of their bonnet.

what a snappy retort

Got a few miles left ...

02-23-2009 11:57 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » the starter set (demos)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH