Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA 30th Anniversary Edition » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA 30th Anniversary Edition 16 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I had Come On In on vinyl. I can only vaguely remember what the title tune sounds like, but none of the others. Getting old I guess...

10-31-2007 11:40 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

RE: CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT - Come On In - 1977 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Lur King
quote:
Originally posted by audiori

if you like Daniel Amos - Daniel Amos; check this out !!!

Sparrow’s contribution to the Christian country rock scene checks in only a step or two behind
Maranatha frontrunners like The Way, Bethlehem and Daniel Amos. . .

http://theancientstar-song.blogspot.com/...n-of-light.html
CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT
Come On In (Sparrow SPR-1017) 1977

personally I think it sounds like a Country "Choir" Cool - NiCe & Sweet Smile

CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT is a little to mellow & country for me,
but pretty GooD Cool

p.s. I may have to search out The Way & Bethlehem

11-01-2007 07:56 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

RE: CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT - Come On In - 1977 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Lur King
p.s. I may have to search out The Way & Bethlehem

If you're not into country, you'd better skip Bethlehem - they're pretty much the "Christian Alabama" (minus all the fiddles, though. Mad ). Conversely, if - like me - you dig that kind of thing, Bethlehem's da bomb.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wakachiwaka: 11-01-2007 20:08.

11-01-2007 20:07 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
DrDanAmos DrDanAmos is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-628.gif

Registration Date: 09-06-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sadly, I seem to have missed out on this. I see on the Webstore that it may come back in stock....what are the chances?

I've been combing the Internet for a used copy (or a nice new one would be awesome too)...Ebay, Alibris, Rad Rockers, CDM...but no luck so far.

Any heads up on where a guy might track a copy down?

upload photos to paste code
04-30-2009 01:07 DrDanAmos is offline Send an Email to DrDanAmos Search for Posts by DrDanAmos Add DrDanAmos to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

We have a couple of titles that are just waiting for the budget to be open enough that we can do more printings.. DA30th and Buechner's are both on the top of the list. The hope was to have at least one of them back before Terry's tour - but its still up in the air. Other things keep popping up to change our plans. There are also some new things in the works which always take priority.

It definitely will be back at some point though.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-30-2009 09:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I'm curious. MBD is relatively new- what are your plans for it? Does it need another printing, better mixing, an update? I thought it was prety high quality already.

DA30- Didn't we just do that? What else could you do with that title?

No criticism here. Just curious.

04-30-2009 09:57 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Really? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

They are just going to print more copies for the store.
Roll Eyes

04-30-2009 09:59 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

RE: Really? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
They are just going to print more copies for the store.
Roll Eyes
Thanks, that makes sense. I'm at home today because I can't control my temper until this medicine starts working.

04-30-2009 10:03 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah, to keep titles in print we have to have a chunk o cash, sometimes that chunk of cash is better used for new material, sometimes it works out to use it to reprint something we are out of. Reprinting something though has to be carefully looked at, you don't want to spend enough to print another thousand copies of something and then sell five. With Buechners and Immaginarium and DA30th, we've reprinted several times and they probably would still sell, just not sure how quick in every case.

04-30-2009 11:24 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

sounds like another reason to consider downloads....
for the ones you already have the rights to..... Wink

Cool
04-30-2009 11:28 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

It'll happen in one form or another but most likely as an addition to CDs.

Also - with DA30th, the main problem was that we ran out in the middle of Eddies production. All of the funds were being redirected towards Midget and we had to hold off on that title. With Buechner's, since it was done through Galaxy21, we didn't know it was running out until it was gone. We weren't really prepared for that. We were ready to reprint at one point, only to find out that the artwork was missing. Thats under control now, but we still have to get the budget issues in good shape.

One thing that is helping are the more inexpensive titles we're doing like "Swirling Mellow," "All Day Sing" and "Hodgepodge." They're less expensive for us to print and we can use them to fill in the gaps a little bit. Keep money flowing even when something larger is not ready to print. The hope is to get everything out in that form that doesn't need to be on a major reissue.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-30-2009 11:49 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Put "Darn Floor" on vinyl. Charge $50.00 a copy. Sell 100 copies. That'll fund something, right? Big Grin

Seriously, though, I wonder what a vinyl pressing of something DA would sell. Would it tank or not? With most new vinyl releases edging toward the $20 mark or more, you'd be able to charge a little more than for a CD, but would production costs and/or lack of market make it impossible to recoup costs and turn any kind of profit?

Since I'm not buying CD's for the most part any more (DA, 7's are one of the exceptions), DA vinyl releases would be something I'd buy, since I've been trying to track down 7's and DA vinyl for a little while now. Even 7 in. limited edition EP's with no printed sleeve would be cool, and save you money on production. What about an 7 in. EP of four live songs from Terry's tour? This I would buy! (But who else would? Confused )

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 04-30-2009 12:17.

04-30-2009 12:16 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah thats the thing, with every release you may limit yourself. Terry has fans that love his early DA stuff but don't buy anything else, fans that love the DA stuff in general but don't buy the Dogs stuff, fans that love the Dogs stuff but don't buy the DA or Eddies stuff. And Immaginarium is pretty much its own entity with its own fans. You also start limiting your potential audience with the various live stuff, solo stuff, DVDs, and other odds n ends. So we try and efficiently as possible appeal to the various 'fan groups' when we can. But we pretty much never expect all of them to buy any one thing.

04-30-2009 12:24 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I have darn floor on vinyl.
Got it on ebay pretty cheap.

04-30-2009 13:17 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by servantsteve: 04-30-2009 20:46.

04-30-2009 13:37 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

It's the "Frank Zappa syndrome."

04-30-2009 17:12 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

anybody have any idea how many pre-ordered DA30th Anniversary Edition and got the 3rd disc?

will the 3rd disc be made available again in any format?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
05-29-2009 12:46 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

yeah, talk to us about that 3rd disk will you?

Psalm 119:83
05-29-2009 22:44 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

OK, I say it is ultra-rare and less than 1,000 copies were produced unless someone tells me otherwise. Tongue

Got a few miles left ...

05-30-2009 09:02 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
quote:
Originally posted by bigdork.ORG
quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
Listening to my copy Pleased

Hey dorfy, can you list my 4 extra copies on Ebay for me?

Tongue

That bonus disk is gonna be worth some money someday Big Grin

spoken like a true ebayer! Pleased

Got a few miles left ...

06-02-2009 15:09 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA 30th Anniversary Edition

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH