Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » purpose driven life » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page purpose driven life
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

purpose driven life Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just stumbled across this on a search engine...

"Terry Scott Taylor (of the rock group Daniel Amos, Lost Dogs, and a host of other musical incarnations in his lifetime) is on a very short list of singer/songwriters whose geniuses, in my opinion, were lost on a Christian music label and audience that could never understand what they were trying to do. Hopefully they will still be found by those who can. "

http://www.purposedrivenlife.com/en-US/F....htm?a=1668&z=1

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-22-2009 09:08 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Jerry Davison Jerry Davison is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-30-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow! Very cool shout out. Are those written by Rick Warren or does he have one of his minions do those? Either way, it's nice to see TST getting some much deserved recognition.
06-22-2009 14:15 Jerry Davison is offline Send an Email to Jerry Davison Search for Posts by Jerry Davison Add Jerry Davison to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Jerry Davison: Davie Bluff
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was wondering that myself.. couldn't find a writers credit anywhere.

The way that its written it almost makes it sound like we're supposed to know who the writer is ("In my opinion," etc).. so maybe it is.. ?

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-22-2009 14:17 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool RE: purpose driven life Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

his church is right in terry's area...

(or what was terry's area for most of his career...)

Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 06-22-2009 14:45.

06-22-2009 14:43 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

wow that'a a really great quote -- didn't know about that one!
06-22-2009 17:02 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Administrator

Terry said he thought the article was written by John Fischer. I guess he works for Warren now.

06-23-2009 21:22 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

The mystery continues.... their people tell me that Pastor Warren does write the devotionals... they said that there were other writers helping out a few years ago, but those devotionals have by-lines. They also said that Pastor Warren is currently out of town and couldn't respond directly.

Does anyone see a by line on this article that I'm missing? Confused

07-01-2009 16:54 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

yeahman - on that page click on the "Archives prior to April 2009"
Then you can either scroll to the date or do a "Find" for Terry and you'll see John Fischer's by line there.

Had dinner with him once at my buddy's girlfriend's house (we were about 19). He was working at Peninsula Bible Church in Palo Alto at the time (Ray Steadman's church where Chuck Swindoll leanrt his chops). We were in San Jose and she invited him. He came with a buddy of his and we had steak fondue. Lot's of buddy stuff that evening. We did not ask him to perform for his supper.

Psalm 119:83

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sondance: 07-01-2009 23:41.

07-01-2009 23:41 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

But has anyone purchased any of Terry's music due to that devotional?

OK, I know that's not the point of the devotional. I'd sure like to see Terry get more of his due at some point, though.

07-01-2009 23:54 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » purpose driven life

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH