Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry in Illinois » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry in Illinois
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Terry in Illinois Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Saw the Terry Taylor tour last night in Rock Island, IL. Very good. Tonight, he'll be in Kewanee, IL, at my church. If you're even remotely in the area, stop in. It's FREE, and it starts at 7:30 pm.

The Rock Island show was excellent. The set list was the same as I've seen except for "Mall All Over the World", which was the opener.

Mall All Over the World
Shedding the Mortal Coil/Walls of Doubt
Buffalo Hills
Bibleland
Capistrano Beach
Author of the Story
Angels Must Smile Like That
Papa Danced on Olivera Street
I Had a Bad Experience With the CIA
New Car
Ten Gallon Hat
Hide the Beer, the Pastor's Here
Crushing Hand
ENCORE:
You Lay Down

Andrew played bass for a little over half the set. He also played drums on "Ten Gallon Hat". Steve Hindalong came out at the end of the song to do his "rope trick", a twirling of the rope. Terry shared with the crowd that the impetus for Steve learning it was the Route 66 tour. There's a subplot in the footage from that tour were Steve is obsessed with Will Rogers, so much so that he eventually thinks he's Will Rogers.

Terry told a few stories: one about his dad before "Papa Danced on Olivera Street", a couple about Mike Roe, and a couple about touring. One had to do with an older gentleman who, at one DA concert, told him that he didn't agree at all with all the amplifiers and the like, that Jesus didn't have all those things in his day. Terry said he understood, but kept quiet otherwise. Then, the older man sat down to play an organ. The point being, of course, that those weren't around then either!

The new CD is a collection of the songs Terry is doing on tour, with three newly recorded acoustic versions of "Hide the Beer, the Pastor's Here", "Buffalo Hills" and "You Lay Down". I also bought the last copy he had of the DFBB reissue. I'm sure that's not the last copy period, just the last one that they have with them.

Looking forward to tonight's show, the last of the tour!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 08-03-2009 10:22.

08-02-2009 10:13 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
anochria anochria is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-529.gif

Registration Date: 05-11-2004

RE: Terry in Illinois Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm really having a hard time trying to imagine how Terry pulled off "New Car" solo. Help me out here.
08-18-2009 13:13 anochria is offline Send an Email to anochria Homepage of anochria Search for Posts by anochria Add anochria to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Let's just say a little audience participation goes a long way in making you forget about the solo (that went "so long!")
08-18-2009 13:47 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by MarkyMark77
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I haven't posted "New Car" on YouTube yet. I may get around to it. For now, here are two clips from the Rock Island Show:

I Had a Bad Experience with the C.I.A. and Now I'm Going To Show You My Feminine Side

You Lay Down

08-18-2009 14:43 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

Hmmm...maybe I should post "New Car". Smile

I pulled this thread back up just to say a big "thank you" to Terry, Andrew and Steve. I was watching my video of the show the other day, and it was a great performance from a great group of guys. My church loved it, and I'm glad Terry was able to make the rounds to all his fans across the fruited plain. Very cool!

In case you didn't see these:

Buffalo Hills

Author of the Story

Angels Must Smile Like That

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 01-14-2010 10:27.

01-14-2010 10:26 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Awesome!

01-14-2010 14:21 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

I love this new version of "I Had a Bad Experience....". I like it even better than the original.
01-14-2010 17:48 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
I like it even better than the original.

Me, too. A lot better.

01-14-2010 20:41 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by UnderDawg
I love this new version of "I Had a Bad Experience....". I like it even better than the original.

We kept telling them that they should record some of these trio versions for an EP or something... some of them really have a cool and interesting sound to them. Still love the originals, but in a way, some of these were like brand new songs.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-14-2010 20:42 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:
Originally posted by UnderDawg

We kept telling them that they should record some of these trio versions for an EP or something... some of them really have a cool and interesting sound to them. Still love the originals, but in a way, some of these were like brand new songs.

That would be pretty cool, yes.

01-15-2010 03:20 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry in Illinois

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH