Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Who Played on "Hats?" Tim?? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Who Played on "Hats?" Tim??
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Who Played on "Hats?" Tim?? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the liner notes say who played on "Songs of the Hearts" but who played on the "Hats" CD??
Maybe Tim knows???

11-12-2009 18:48 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
bein heinni
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-12-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I believe Hats was the last stop for This Old Man before he came holy rollin' home!

Benny Hinn, evangelist extraordinaire
Toufik Benedictus Hinn born in Jaffa, Israel
11-13-2009 11:16 bein heinni is offline Search for Posts by bein heinni Add bein heinni to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

From what Terry said at the time, I got the idea that it was a variety.. folks coming and going throughout the entire process. If thats accurate, it might be hard for them to remember who played what on which tracks.

It seems like a lot of years ago, but it almost seems like thats why they opted not to include detailed credits.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-13-2009 13:10 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I remember some footage of the band talking about it in the old Making Of Buechners footage, or at least Terry telling them that the project would happen.

11-13-2009 13:27 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thread Starter Thread Started by dennis

Thanks, have to check that out again.

11-13-2009 16:00 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I dont remember if that footage is in the film or not, there was like 9 hours or more of footage we waded through to create the film.

I remember the scene was a Green Room studio scene and Terry comes in and says something to the effect of how that 'songs of the heart thing' is going to happen.. I remember Tim and Greg standing there. I would imagine, he was basically telling them the funding was there for it to happen.

11-13-2009 22:17 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hats is an absolutely brilliant book set... anybody who doesn't already have it needs to buy this one! Pleased

Cool
11-13-2009 22:34 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Administrator

Yeah the Alarma Bookset got all the attention, but "Hats" is a classic that is often overlooked.

11-13-2009 23:15 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Songs of the Heart is one of my favorite DA albums, so I imagine that I'd love Hats.

Some day I'll buy it. Maybe I'll get it for Christmas. Any "Black Friday" specials at the DA webstore? (I'm sure one of those 17 Smilies should go here, but I'm not sure which one).

11-14-2009 09:24 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

This one goes with anything.

11-14-2009 21:40 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

In many ways I prefer "Hats" but SOTH is not without it's charms.
I like the interview with Terry by Jason Martin and I enjoy the new songs quite a bit as well as the story part of the discs.
I do prefer this version of "The Devil's Elbow" to the Dog's version.
I listen to the entire set pretty regular.

11-15-2009 03:18 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Administrator

After doing the Alarma Bookset we had talked to Terry and the manager that he had at the time about doing another bookset. We had suggested doing one of basically the country years with the first two albums and some of the stuff from the DA 30th Ann. compilation. Then maybe doing a bookset of maybe 2 or three albums of stuff after the Alarma Chronicles. Sort of time period scrap books.
It was Terry's idea to do the "Hats" bookset, I think he really likes the subject matter, the Route 66 stuff and the 1950s time period nostalgia.

11-15-2009 12:14 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I know it's been said before but I would like to see Vox Humana done "Hats" style witn a live in the sstudio classic rock vibe. With Greg and or Jerry playing guitar on it.

11-15-2009 18:36 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Administrator

There are some unfinished Vox Humana era demos of Rob and Terry's, they are far from finished type of recordings, but might be interesting to include at least part of them in some sort of Vox special edition.

11-15-2009 21:33 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

I'm pretty sure I alluded to this once before, but I'd love to see some more of the Crime Horse (Crime Wars?) demos surface as well.
11-15-2009 21:36 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Yes Please!
Cool

11-16-2009 06:28 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

I've only heard one other track ("Suns Down.")

I think the correct title is "Crime Horse".. if I remember correctly, the "Wars" came into the picture from a phone call between Tom and Terry. Tom misheard "Horse" as "Wars," and an already strange name became a little stranger.

Either that or I'm switching them in my memory and its supposed to be Crime Wars Big Grin

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-16-2009 09:39 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Either way between old demo stuff and perhaps "live in the studio" new stuff it could makes for some cool releases.

11-16-2009 17:07 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
bein heinni
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-12-2004

Hats are no fun to play on. You just can't get a good release. Tongue

Benny Hinn, evangelist extraordinaire
Toufik Benedictus Hinn born in Jaffa, Israel
11-23-2009 13:04 bein heinni is offline Search for Posts by bein heinni Add bein heinni to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Who Played on "Hats?" Tim??

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH