Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Howard Compilation » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Howard Compilation
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Howard Compilation Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok guys,

We're doing a little CD to send to folks that donate money to the Howard family through one of our stores. The fellas will of course be making the final track list decisions, but in the interest of moving quickly - we could use some suggestions.

We need songs that would be appropraite for a tribute/memorial CD for Tom Howard. Anything DA, Terry, Eddies, Lost Dogs, 77s, Roe, Choir, Daugherty, or Hindalong will work.

For example..

The Great Divide - Lost Dogs
Built for Glory, Made to Last - Lost Dogs

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-01-2010 14:17 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok here is my first suggestion

77's - Do it for love

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
02-01-2010 14:47 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

my second

Lost Dogs - Mercy Again

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
02-01-2010 14:50 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

sorry for all posts lol but im posting as they come

The Choir - Merciful eyes
The Choir - About Love

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by pegotico: 02-01-2010 14:53.

02-01-2010 14:52 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Daniel Amos - Never leave you
Daniel AMos - fatihful Street

02-01-2010 14:57 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Oh wow Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I had no idea Tom passed away. A heart attack while walking or hiking with Dori (?)

I have most of his recordings, including the Dorian series. Also play his works almost every day during work - it puts me in both a spiritual mindset and one where I can do my work.

Saw him at a Wheaton event in the early 80s. He played piano and guitar. For one song, he played in one key while singing in another. Amazing.

What a loss of such a gifted Christian man.

02-01-2010 17:19 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

suggestions Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I believe he composed and performed on the "At the Foot of the Cross" stuff. It would be quite a gesture of respect to include some songs that he worked on.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
02-01-2010 17:43 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Yeah, thought of some of that.. or even some of the early 80s DA stuff that he played on.

Keep the suggestions rolling in.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-01-2010 21:11 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

I know he sang background on Terry's first two albums, but I don't know what songs. Maybe one or two of those.

02-02-2010 00:39 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Stonehill Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tom had a hand in Stonehill's Until We Have Wings and Equator. Perhaps something from those?

02-02-2010 07:12 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

I would add "Strong Love" and "Danger In Loving You" from him, if they are available to be licensed, but I doubt they are.
02-02-2010 12:50 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Most certainly something from Doppelganger.

02-02-2010 22:48 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Do you have the rights to "Sky King"?
02-03-2010 09:06 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

rick elias said they need no more donations....

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

02-03-2010 16:13 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah, I know. Terry wants to do this anyway.

02-03-2010 17:51 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I don't know if this is the place to bring it up, but I've never been good with such matters: Tom Howard was such a fixture during that time period between Horrendous Disc and Vox Humana, then he seemed to disappear from Terry's circle of collaborators. What happened?
02-03-2010 19:00 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Administrator

Think it was mostly location. DA took its break for a number of years, and Tom and others moved to TN. Terry didn't really start to work in Nashville very much until the Dogs started recording there after Gene died.

He and Terry continued to be good friends.. there was even a lot of talk in the last six months or so about selling some of Tom's music in the DA webstore.

02-03-2010 19:58 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Yeah, I know. Terry wants to do this anyway.

cool.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

02-03-2010 20:00 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Paul Paul is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-22-2007

"Like a Cloud" by the Choir because I believe Tom dreamed up the sound of like falling out of a tree?

Ghost Train by the Dogs...

Last Testament of Angus Shane.. by the Dogs.. a haunting memory of Gene

With the tired eyes of faith..----eddies a given! the day which we all look
forward too!

Like Lazarus --- eddies.

Don't, this way - 77's a sad Mike Roe

Daniel Amos - Banquet at the World's end.

In the Distance - Dogs

One more time - Taylor

a sentimental song - choir

02-06-2010 07:46 Paul is offline Search for Posts by Paul Add Paul to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Howard Compilation

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH