Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ringtones » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ringtones
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Ringtones Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My wife has an "app" on her new smartphone (I have a dumbphone, I guess) that's called Free Ringtones (or something to that effect). Anyway, my wife was downloading a bunch of different ringtones so that there would be different songs for certain people when they call.
I made the comment, "I wish they had Daniel Amos on there, that would be cool."
"Honey," she replied, "Daniel Amos is on here." And she began to play a snippet of The Unattainable Earth.
Turns out, all of DFBB is available as ringtones, as well as Shotgun Angel (the song, not the album). Terry Taylor's Holy Emmanuel from the Christmas City on a Hill CD is also available. All of the Lost Dogs' Gift Horse, Real Men Cry, and Nazarene Crying Towel albums are available. I found a few 77's songs (although I forget which ones). Neal Morse. Proto~Kaw. Tons of Kerry Livgren (including the ones with Dio singing).
I'm sure there are many more, but my wife demanded her phone back. Makes me wish my phone wasn't so stupid....

06-12-2010 10:03 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

cool - almost makes me want to get a phone with tone

my idea of a cell phone is a piece of emergency gear, something to reside in the bottom of my WWII era canvas medic's bag, used for... emergency gear, in my vehicle. if i could find it under the beat up first aid kit held together by a rotting rubber band, insect repellant, duct tape, battery cables, rusty slip-joint pliers, all purpose screwdriver missing phililps#1, flashlight with squeezie-thingie generator, half a pamphlet on the four spiritual laws (so... two spritiual laws = you are lost and going to hell and ... oops sorry 'bout that), if i found it and it were still charged - HEY!! how come they don't sell cell phones with a squezzie-thingie genereator for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!! - then i might use it... in an emergency.

Psalm 119:83
06-12-2010 17:00 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My brother has editing software that allows him to lift snippets from songs to create ringtones. He lifts the snippet then sends it to me as a media text and then my phone allows me to assign it as a ringtone. It is pretty cool. I have "Stop Surfing" as my text incoming tone. I have a portion of "Hell Oh" as a tone. I also have a portion of "Can't Take My Eyes off of you" for when my wife calls. We are going to do more soon. I will see if I can get the name of the software he has so that I can share it with this group. God bless!

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
06-13-2010 06:38 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by sondance
... half a pamphlet on the four spiritual laws (so... two spiritual laws = you are lost and going to hell and ... oops sorry 'bout that)....

If you aren't working on a short story right now, I will be disappointed.
06-14-2010 10:14 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
avsherwood1 avsherwood1 is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 10-04-2009

quote:
Originally posted by brother joel
My brother has editing software that allows him to lift snippets from songs to create ringtones. He lifts the snippet then sends it to me as a media text and then my phone allows me to assign it as a ringtone. It is pretty cool. I have "Stop Surfing" as my text incoming tone. I have a portion of "Hell Oh" as a tone. I also have a portion of "Can't Take My Eyes off of you" for when my wife calls. We are going to do more soon. I will see if I can get the name of the software he has so that I can share it with this group. God bless!

I usually just use the recording ability on my phone to make the ringtones I want. The quality isn't the best but it's better than the squawking tones the phone comes with.
06-14-2010 10:17 avsherwood1 is offline Homepage of avsherwood1 Search for Posts by avsherwood1 Add avsherwood1 to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

quote:
my idea of a cell phone is a piece of emergency gear, something to reside in the bottom of my WWII era canvas medic's bag, used for... emergency gear, in my vehicle.

what makes me sick is everywhere I go there are people messaging with the blackberrys and similar phones. It is totally absurd, I went to a restaurant last week and every table I saw there were up to 2 people each with a blackberry messaging. And I thought you go to a restaurant to eat and spent time with the people you are there (not with ppl messaging you). Even in lines waiting you see them messaging, its like a disease and its higher in women.

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
06-14-2010 14:21 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

there are numerous free websites that will create a ringtone from any song you want. you pick which part of the song you want to use, usually up to about 20 sec's. then you either save it and send it to your phone, or the site will sometimes text it directly. i generally save them, so i don't have to give them my number.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

06-15-2010 14:41 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by pegotico
quote:
my idea of a cell phone is a piece of emergency gear, something to reside in the bottom of my WWII era canvas medic's bag, used for... emergency gear, in my vehicle.

what makes me sick is everywhere I go there are people messaging with the blackberrys and similar phones. It is totally absurd, I went to a restaurant last week and every table I saw there were up to 2 people each with a blackberry messaging. And I thought you go to a restaurant to eat and spent time with the people you are there (not with ppl messaging you). Even in lines waiting you see them messaging, its like a disease and its higher in women.

i text and surf the net on my phone more than i use it as a telephone...
and i don't have a blackberry or i-phone... Roll Eyes
but i know what mean...

Cool
06-15-2010 16:26 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

I am always a little bummed when someone calls me and bothers me when I am on faceBook or a message board or what have you.

06-15-2010 20:14 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
I am always a little bummed when someone calls me and bothers me when I am on faceBook or a message board or what have you.

Tongue

me too...
unless it's my wife... Cool

Cool
06-15-2010 21:57 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by dennis

Tongue

me too...
unless it's my wife... Cool

Yup, my wife is the only person I want to talk to most of the time!!

06-16-2010 02:14 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
there are numerous free websites that will create a ringtone from any song you want. you pick which part of the song you want to use, usually up to about 20 sec's. then you either save it and send it to your phone, or the site will sometimes text it directly. i generally save them, so i don't have to give them my number.

thanks for the tip, larry! i have been wondering how to get some more ringtones (the ones on my phone suck) without having to spend a ton of money purchasing ringtones of songs i already own. Pleased

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
06-23-2010 13:33 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ringtones

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH