Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Beatles and TST tunes » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Beatles and TST tunes
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
K&I as a whole has always had a Lennon solo album sound
to me..

I can see that! Big Grin

10-17-2002 16:29 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Robert H
Honeysuckle Breeze reminds me alot of Blackbird....With maybe a bit of Simon and Garfunkle thrown in. Derri sounds alot like Art garfunkle on this one.

That reminds me more of Simon & Garfunkle than the Beatles Pleased

Keep in Mind Simon & Garfunkle sold lots & lots of records!

10-17-2002 16:31 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Honeysuckle Breeze reminds me alot of Blackbird....With maybe a bit of Simon and Garfunkle thrown in. Derri sounds alot like Art garfunkle on this one.

but not as many as the Beatles... Big Grin

10-17-2002 16:36 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:

but not as many as the Beatles... Big Grin

or The Eagles! Big Grin

10-17-2002 16:51 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
guitarman4christ
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 09-24-2002

S&G didn't outsell the Stones either, or the Doors, but probably did outdo Gary Puckett & the Union Gap, who by the way, also sold lots and lots of records!
10-17-2002 19:26 guitarman4christ is offline Send an Email to guitarman4christ Search for Posts by guitarman4christ Add guitarman4christ to your Buddy List
morimoto
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 10-10-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by morimoto

quote:

'No Room for Us' is about as blatant Simon and Garfunkel as it gets.
Reminds me of 'Scarborough..'
10-18-2002 11:37 morimoto is offline Send an Email to morimoto Search for Posts by morimoto Add morimoto to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

its weird... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

there is a song on anthology II called 12 bar original....and it reminds me so of the turnaround on Cloak and Dagger..I don't know if thats considered a 12 bar beat-(musically cahllanged at times) but they just sound very similar (to me) and of course- it wasnt released till 1996- so the boys were on their wavelength without even knowing it.

speaking of boys..the backstreet boys
are NOT currently selling lots and lots of records.......
JiMinY
10-18-2002 11:58 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

I keep trying to get out... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

and you keep drawing me back in...
I haven't posted in a while but since Dr & I have discussed this very thing over many late nights, I thought I'd throw my hat in.
Here's one that has two very blatant Beatles allusions

Live and Let Live
Of course the title compared to McCartney's Live and Let die
but the keyboard version of the sitar thing at the begining and the end is a blatant beatles copy of the beginning of Love You Too(I think that's the name of the song) on Revolver
I do agree with the Good Dr that VH is chok full of Beatles sounding things.
I always thought that Dance stop sounded much like something from the end of Abbey Road, like Love You or maybe something from Let it Be...

Something similar but unrelated is that moon song on HD, where Terry's voice sounds just like elton john's(at least to me).
BTW, I know that I'm lax on my memory of song titles, so give me a break...
Lucy
10-18-2002 12:12 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

LUCY????? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

IN......
10-18-2002 12:44 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

...the sky with "Man On The Moon"

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-18-2002 13:08 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

alright! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I could not have done better!
(though I've got to admit.....)
JiMinY
10-18-2002 13:40 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Boomtown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The guitar solo on "Boomtown" from John Wayne always reminded me of George Harrison.
10-18-2002 13:45 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

YUPPUM! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

good insite-jpop-
I always liked it ..and now I know why!
JiMIny
10-18-2002 14:58 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by jc
good insite-jpop-
I always liked it ..and now I know why!
JiMIny

JW is a solid rock album all the way through! Big Grin

10-18-2002 16:25 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Beatles and TST tunes

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH