Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 10 11 [12] 13 14 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I might have been misunderstanding how they need to do it... Tom's been telling people to just add the lowest vinyl amount and that adds it on to what they've already pledged

The big thing is that they get enough new pledges from this to pay for it. It's a little expensive unfortunately. It'll be cool to do though.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-20-2013 08:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
SafetyNet
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 11-29-2006

NoiseTrade Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Noisetrade http://www.noisetrade.com/ is a great way to introduce or re-introduce an artist and new music. Just seeing a few new songs posted from an artist I like or may have heard of, piques my interest and sends me off investigating as to the new album, etc.

Also, offering a few songs for download gives you some contact information for each person who downloads and gives them the chance to donate to the artist.

While the angels brushed her hair

"but that's how it has to end
On this side of glory...
02-20-2013 19:07 SafetyNet is offline Search for Posts by SafetyNet Add SafetyNet to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

SHould I try another PM then, in regards to radio contact info or is there a more efficient way to send that information? I guess I could even do it here, since its on their website for all to see...???

02-21-2013 18:52 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

Yeah, you can do that. This thread might turn into media/reviews/radio contacts as we get closer to being finished with the album. Anything like that is helpful.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-21-2013 19:15 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
ahanson ahanson is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

I'm sure you've already got them on your short list, but I checked, and HM Magazine does still exist (though in digital format only). There's even something about a Steve Scott cd at the top of the website, so maybe they'd jump onto some DA promotion:

Doug Van Pelt, Editor
e: editor at hmmag.com

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ahanson: 02-22-2013 09:41.

02-22-2013 09:39 ahanson is offline Send an Email to ahanson Search for Posts by ahanson Add ahanson to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

Tongue! Will the new album have ukuleles on it? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Because ukuleles are really big with the kids today, it seems - just one single, full to brimming with uke magic, could push this band into the mainstream once and for all. Tongue
03-01-2013 23:28 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

any updates?

Psalm 119:83
03-06-2013 20:53 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Administrator

Some rough mixes are finished... Terry finished some vocals and headed back to California.. still some odds and ends to do.. maybe Jerry's (?) vocals, last I heard. Rob was finishing up some things back home as well.

Editing is moving along on the DVD as well.

03-06-2013 21:47 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
ahanson ahanson is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Will the dvd be a stand-alone release similar to the Making of Buechner's?
03-18-2013 13:23 ahanson is offline Send an Email to ahanson Search for Posts by ahanson Add ahanson to your Buddy List
Administrator

Most likely.. it has its own production costs, etc. We have some ideas on some deals and discounts but that'll all have to be worked out later.

03-18-2013 14:38 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

RE: Will the new album have ukuleles on it? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
Because ukuleles are really big with the kids today, it seems - just one single, full to brimming with uke magic, could push this band into the mainstream once and for all. Tongue

You keep your Brooklyn booshwah to yourself, hipster.
03-18-2013 18:18 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
lobo1023 lobo1023 is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 09-07-2006

Kickstarter add Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Audiori - when possible, please check regular email. I sent a question last week relative to adding to my $150.00 pledge.

thank you
03-20-2013 06:58 lobo1023 is offline Search for Posts by lobo1023 Add lobo1023 to your Buddy List
Administrator

Ok will do. I am still behind on email a bit after returning from Nashville so it's probably in the batch that I'm working my way through right now.

03-20-2013 08:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

OK, kids, while Uncle Terry and the boys add the final licks of paint to the flames on the hood and sides of this frenchin' Camaro, we've got a little project for you artistic types. Since this project wouldn't have been possible without your support we are going to let you guys create much of the artwork for this album, including the cover and up to 10 pages in the sleeve art.

Here are the rules: The piece must be square. It must be at least 13"x13" (300 dpi if it's computer art- we are doing vinyl on this, remember). It can be any medium (paint, photography, sculpture, collage, you name it) but remember that the final representation will be a 2-dimensional scan or hi-res photo. It cannot have the title of the album on it (we will be adding that). It must be finished and submitted by midnight, April 3, 2013. Details will forthcoming about how to submit. The final winning pieces will be chosen by the band but every submission will be shown in a special gallery here on our Facebook page, so give it your best shot.

OK, as you know, the album is called "Dig Here, Said The Angel." Here are the lyrics to the title song for some inspiration (you don't have to be literal, just artistic.)

Dig Here Said The Angel
Words and music by Terry Scott Taylor
©2013 Shape Of Air Music, BMI

“Dig here,” said the angel
I asked “My heart? Or my grave?”
“Maybe both,” said the angel, “things can go either way.”

“There’ll come a time,” said the angel,
“you’ll lose that wrinkled suit of skin.
And when you walk up to the big door you can go right on in.”

I cried then,
I’m dyin’, I’m dyin’, I’m dyin’, I’m dyin’, I’m dyin’
Night and day
To see your beautiful face

“Here’s the catch,” said the angel
“You’re gonna suffer for awhile”
“I’ll tell you straight,” said the angel
“Don’t plan to go out in style”

And meanwhile
Night and day
To see your beautiful face

Repeat chorus

03-20-2013 19:22 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Where do submissions get sent?

03-21-2013 15:06 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Administrator

We'll be announcing that soon....

Here are the song titles (in no particular order):

Dig Here Said The Angel
Forward In Reverse
We'll All Know Soon Enough
The Uses Of Adversity
Now That I've Died
Our New Testament Best
Love, Grace & Mercy
The Ruthless Hum Of Dread
Jesus Wept
Waking Up Underwater
The Sun Shines On Everyone

03-21-2013 21:08 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

You can submit your artwork to artwork@danielamos.com.
Medium-res jpegs are fine for now 1200x1200 pixels or so. If your art is chosen we'll let you know how to get us the hi-res files.
thanks

03-22-2013 00:09 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

I'm in for this....not much time to get anything done though! My wife and children will be starved of my company while I crawl into my cave, fire up my trusty 2004 Powerbook and my Kodak Instamatic, get out my watercolours, engage both sides of my brain and.....drink coffee.

www.smashthatcomputer.com
03-22-2013 03:09 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
lobo1023 lobo1023 is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 09-07-2006

Thanks Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Much appreciated. I know bandwidth is tight for you guys.
03-22-2013 08:19 lobo1023 is offline Search for Posts by lobo1023 Add lobo1023 to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

I have a few ideas, and a little time off from work. I'm excited to do this, even if ( Shocked ) what I contribute doesn't get used....

03-22-2013 11:21 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 10 11 [12] 13 14 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH