Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 15 16 [17] 18 19 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A new sneak-peek review from the Phantom Tollbooth...

http://www.tollbooth.org/index.php/home/...-said-the-angel

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-02-2013 20:41 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
I did an interview with Terry a couple months ago and I'm working up a Popdose Podcast of that conversation. Hope to have it out there soon.

Sweet!
07-03-2013 11:28 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Diggin it Here Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Daniel Amos in 2013. It was very cool to allow those that missed the first round of fundraising to be able to purchase the CD and download later on. I downloaded the album and wondered what DA would sound like this time. The great thing with this band is that they give you a new sound with each album and still remain true to themselves. At first, I thought it was a bit dark, but then I kept listening. There is so much positive here woven in the realities of life and the condition that is humanity. Terry is on fire here and once again hits home with his lyrics. The music deserves headphones and repeated listenings. How spoiled are we to have this group of musicians and artist create new music all of these years. Their personalities and talents shine through. Daniel Amos isn't trying to be anything, they just are. Unlike Black Sabbath or the Rolling Stones, DA isn't trying to be who they were thirty years ago and that makes this the most authentic album I have heard in a long time. (No diss to the Stones. Love their music and hope that I can move like Jagger at his age. Great showmen and still great live.)

Favorite song (right now) "Waking Up Underwater"

Thank you to all of those involved in making this a reality.
07-03-2013 16:23 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

"waking up underwater" has a little Oingo Boingo in it's step

07-04-2013 12:13 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

not only is Water good, it's the hook that WON'T GO AWAY... keep whacking the side of head but it's no use

i've posted my thoughts, verbose though they be, at the link below

Psalm 119:83

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sondance: 07-04-2013 19:16.

07-04-2013 12:26 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Administrator

You guys want a sneak peek at the credits?

http://www.danielamos.com/da/digheresaidtheangel/

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-04-2013 21:26 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Brent17
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Jerry only plays on the one song?
07-04-2013 22:49 Brent17 is offline Send an Email to Brent17 Search for Posts by Brent17 Add Brent17 to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

I think Jerry does lead vocals on that one song, but I am sure he plays on a lot of the other tracks.

Thanks for the artwork credit guys.

www.smashthatcomputer.com
07-05-2013 04:58 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
ahanson ahanson is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Interesting that Jerry is not listed as a full member, even though he was in the picture for the Kickstarter campaign. I'll have to listen again to "Waking Up Underwater". It sure sounded like Terry to me....must have been so caught up in the greatness of the song that I didn't notice.
07-05-2013 08:15 ahanson is offline Send an Email to ahanson Search for Posts by ahanson Add ahanson to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Thanks for the credit. Can't believe my name will be printed in a DA record!....

07-05-2013 09:41 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

any skinny on the release date?

Psalm 119:83
07-05-2013 19:50 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
voxrob
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-02-2003

Dig here... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow, since the album art looks like it's ready to go, does that mean it's ready to go on sale? I have no idea what the delay is in these internet-interrelated record production things.
07-06-2013 00:13 voxrob is offline Send an Email to voxrob Search for Posts by voxrob Add voxrob to your Buddy List
Administrator

Manufacturing details are being worked out as we speak... that's really the last step.

We want to make sure it's being printed and on it's way before we put the physical CDs on sale.

07-06-2013 00:16 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Well done for getting your art on the album, Ritchie. I liked the stuff on your site.

www.smashthatcomputer.com

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wayneb: 07-06-2013 01:02.

07-06-2013 01:02 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Alright, guys and gals, we're...

Sigh. Who are we kidding? Alright, guys...the Popdose post is 90% there and should post on Monday. I'll have my review of the record but, also, we'll have a Popdose Audio Interview with Terry. He'll discuss the Kickstarter campaign, the mechanism by which DA was finally able to come back to record, some background on the songs of Dig Here, Said The Angel, who was involved with the reunion (and since it is no big secret now, yes, Alex MacDougall, peeps!) and, as they say in the infomercial, much much more!

I'll attach a link here when it all goes live. And if you want to turn your friends on to the new record (and don't want to do wrong by the band by just giving them your download), the interview has clips of the songs from the record. No, there are no complete tracks, just sample clips, but that will give friends a taste of the record. For the rest, they're going to have to buy it.
07-06-2013 14:10 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

Looking forward to it, Dw.

Audi Bros.: is it safe to assume that the vinyl will be released several weeks after the CDs go on sale? I ask because I've noticed with other bands (even major-label artists) that the CDs get printed more quickly, while the vinyl is usually released around a month later.
07-06-2013 16:50 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Administrator

I don't have an estimate on vinyl yet, but I think it's safe to say it'll be a bit later.

07-06-2013 16:54 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

Got it.
07-06-2013 19:00 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

The post is live. You can find it here:
http://popdose.com/the-popdose-interview-terry-scott-taylor-of-daniel-amos/
07-08-2013 05:46 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

great interview!

07-08-2013 22:39 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 15 16 [17] 18 19 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH