Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Horrendous Disc Part II CD » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Horrendous Disc Part II CD
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
We are the posters who talk about anything
We just laze around and post away
If you ask us to do anything
We just say... We post everything!

Well I've never been a catholic and I've never drunk the gin and I've never been to church with a great big rubber ball and I've never dated Pheobe and don't look good in a goatee and I've been to Boston in the fall

Cause We're the posters who talk about anything
We just laze around and post away
If you ask us to do anything
We just say... We post everything!

Big Grin

10-17-2002 23:58 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I sent a nice e-mail to Larry Norman in regards to this project. I hope that the emails going to him are encouraging. He has done fantastic work with the rereleases by including the most informative booklets that I have ever seen as well as being very generous with bonus tracks. It was my opinion to forgive and forget the HD I and not make any derogatory remarks about it. We need to let him know that we would apprieciate him releasing the hounds of all of the material from that era that he has holed up somewhere.

It would be nice to see that the members of Daniel Amos share some insights to that period.
10-22-2002 11:45 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

I agree-almost Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When I bought HD-I
DAMBers
there were more than a few things that bothered me about it.
I personally did NOT like the LN versions (2 no less) of H of H-
though I must say in honesty they have grown on me a bit. It also seemed that LN took great pains to explain His side of the project delay.....in detail....with thoroughness....including footnotes........... and bylines.......leaving little out..etc, until I felt it was a bit baised. And I know that the photos were supposed to be a bit ugly- and they were.
the "Historical Archive" Note left something to be desired-
(though it DID made me chuckle- I believe that was the intent)

BUT- all that aside- I got a grand ,wonderful sounding clean copy of a SMASH disc that I have loved since its long overdue inital release.
If LN reads this board (oops there goes another monkey out of my butt)..thats all I have to say- and support his decisions to GIVE IT BACK TO US!!!!!!.
JiMIny
10-22-2002 12:41 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

I did it, did you? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I did my duty and mailed Larry, telling him how grateful many of us were for HD, and that many were eagerly awaiting part deux.

Did everyone weigh in? I'm guessing there's a positive correlation between the number of responses he gets and how fast it's released.

10-22-2002 17:32 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

I'd have to agree with jc. Larry should give the rights back to DA and let them re-issue it right..... Big Grin

10-22-2002 17:34 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Or at least get the bands' input on how the release should be done. The whole LN ego thing is a bit (understatement) irritating. It's just kind of sad.....

10-22-2002 17:41 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Terry owns the Publishing, Larry owns the recording.

Yes, I am hopeful that this version will be more in line with the "Welcome To Paradise" CD recently released.

As far as the "Hound of Heaven" covers that were
on HD Part I, they were recorded for the DA tribute.
It might have been a bad decision to include them on
the album, but I don't think it was a malicious decision.
They were meant as a tribute.

We asked Larry about the bonus tracks .. and he said Horrendous Disc will be "Greatly Expanded."

My best guess would be it will include some of the
so called secular demos DA recorded at the time which
were studio recorded songs... I could be wrong though.

While waiting for HD to come out, DA went back into the studio a number of times and recorded almost 20 new songs as demos on either 4-track or 24-track, including:
"So Certain" (Heard on Shirly Goodness)
"Laisez-Faire" (Heard on Shirly Goodness)
"UFO" (Sort of a 'go for a ride in my UFO' song)
"Tonight" (Mark Cook pop song)
"Twilight love" (Heard on Our Personal Favoites)
"Hello Aloha" (?)
"The Wonder Is You" (Pop song similar So Certain)
"Talk" (Funny rocking gossip song)
"I'll Be Right Here Waiting" (?)
"Cinema Girl" (Jerry? Rock song)
"She Gets To Me" (Pop song like on Shirly Goodness)
"Noelle" (?)
"Taking A Fall" (?)
"Weather Girl". (?)

Whatever Larry doesn't use will probably show up later.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-22-2002 23:01 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Oh man oh man oh man oh man!!!!!!!

10-23-2002 10:51 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
VeeDub
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 04-22-2002

...and what is the Mark Heard CD? Is Larry finally releasing "Appalachian Melody," or is this something else?

Thanks.
10-23-2002 11:59 VeeDub is offline Send an Email to VeeDub Search for Posts by VeeDub Add VeeDub to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

"Twilight Love" sounds a lot like "The Greg Kihn Band" to me!

Keep in mind that Greg Kihn sold lots a lot of records!
And I'm from the midwest and don't mind the rockin' stuff!

10-23-2002 16:18 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yes Appalachian Melody.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-24-2002 01:50 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

ohmanohmanohmanohman!!!!

10-24-2002 15:05 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

its autumn and the leaves are falling and i'm thinking about Mark.

do not need no dulcimer...
10-25-2002 01:35 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I'm getting excited. I can't wait.

10-25-2002 18:47 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

woooooooooo
hoooooooooo

10-30-2002 17:36 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

It will probably take awhile.

10-30-2002 18:53 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
It will probably take awhile.

I'm in no big hurry

10-30-2002 18:58 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

The costs involved to keep up with all the TST related discs are horrendous. Big Grin

10-30-2002 19:00 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
The costs involved to keep up with all the TST related discs are horrendous. Big Grin

heh heh

Big Grin

10-30-2002 19:20 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Administrator

Supposedly Larry is close to done with them and
wanted to give DA fans and Mark Heard fans a shot
at buying them before he announces them to his List.
There are a lot of Larry fans that would buy them
up simply because it's something he released.

10-31-2002 08:47 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Horrendous Disc Part II CD

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH