Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Daniel Amos radio » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos radio
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Daniel Amos radio Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Google must know a scary amount about me.

I opened Google Play on my phone, planning to listen to Kmart In-Store Music: Christmas 1974. To my surprise, the opening screen said "For Fans of Daniel Amos: Daniel Amos Radio." I thought I would give it a try.

It's really good. The first songs played were by Daniel Amos, Adam Again, Charlie Peacock, Mark Heard, and Swirling Eddies. Right now they've followed up 77s "Denomination Blues" with the Altar Boys. Putting together a mix like this automatically requires not just a good algorithm, but also a lot of data, which is the scary part. A lot of data about the music and about what I listen to.

Anyway if you use Google Play, maybe give DA Radio a try.
12-13-2016 20:14 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

google play music is the best! blows away spotify or anything like that. invest $9 a month and get the paid version, you won't regret it. lots of out of print stuff from the bands we love, and yes, it does give you the option to purchase, but i doubt a whole lot of that goes to the bands..

Cool
12-14-2016 16:45 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Streaming sites pay fragments of pennies.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-14-2016 18:56 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yes, if you like it, buy it legitimately! a lot of what i stream on my phone i own the cd or cassette..
i believe if they have it on bandcamp the artists get way more $$$?
that is what dr. love always posts a link to if he posts one of his songs on fb..

Cool
12-15-2016 13:51 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Administrator

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bandcamp is ok but CDs are better. In terms of overall profit I mean. CDs just cost more to produce up front, but you sell way more than you do downloads. At least that's true with these groups.

That's one reason we've always focused the DA bandcamp site on things that we generally wouldn't print on cd. If we can afford to do cds for a project it's always better for us overall.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-15-2016 15:22 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

of course, but some cds that are no longer in print can be downloaded but there is no physical cd available to buy..

Cool
12-15-2016 15:42 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

I really wish you would do a CD for Amrikrog. I really like the music and I want to display a CD of it with my other Terry Taylor related stuff. I have resisted buying the MP3s because I like the physical product. Sometimes I will get just a song that I enjoy, but rarely do I purchase a whole album in digital format.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
12-15-2016 20:15 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Administrator

There has been talk of doing it - possibly even a new volume of imaginarium.

We've had a couple of other projects that are on the horizon... we get ready to announce one and something delays it a little... one is new music, one is old and there's also a non-musical project coming eventually.

12-15-2016 22:20 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
there's also a non-musical project coming eventually.

when everyone wore hats: a film by Daniel Amos..
would love something like that.. Smile

Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 12-16-2016 14:34.

12-16-2016 14:34 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Good to know.

Streaming...agh. I don't like it. I like to have more control over what I listen to and how I listen to it. But fighting it has been like facing the tidal wave with the little sand bucket. It's coming. Not much to do about it.

And sales-wise? If you're an independent musician, streaming revenue is the joke after you've been kicked in the groin.
12-17-2016 12:13 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Jimmy Brown

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
<snip>

If you're an independent musician, streaming revenue is the joke after you've been kicked in the groin.

I get a joke?
12-17-2016 16:57 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

for me streaming is a great way to discover new bands! of course, i buy it if i really like it if i don't already have it..
most don't.. :-\

Cool
12-19-2016 11:28 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

RE: Daniel Amos radio Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Brown

I opened Google Play on my phone, planning to listen to Kmart In-Store Music: Christmas 1974.

K-Mart? Now we're all scared.

12-20-2016 07:30 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Jimmy Brown
RE: Daniel Amos radio Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by WoaaahJelly!
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Brown

I opened Google Play on my phone, planning to listen to Kmart In-Store Music: Christmas 1974.

K-Mart? Now we're all scared.

Yes, my taste in music is so broad that I can usually connect briefly with someone else until they find out about the other stuff I listen to. Crying
12-20-2016 10:32 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Daniel Amos radio

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH