Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Horrendous Disc Deluxe » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (16): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos - Horrendous Disc Deluxe 16 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There is a button in the picture of the box between Sticker and the guitar pick.

quote:
If we can hit $35,000 -we hope to turn the project into a full box set - allowing room for all of the discs as well as other goodies and surprises! To start it off, we'll throw in a sticker, a DA button, a guitar pick and (5) five random photos from the DA/Solid Rock archives!
03-27-2017 19:36 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have that DA button. Somewhere.

03-27-2017 20:38 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Clever $40,000 stretch goal Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The new stretch goal is an EP with the infamous 78 rpm on one side. Instant classic. This project just keeps getting better.
03-27-2017 23:34 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

How do we pull this off? New people? Or could we get everyone to sweeten their pledges? I hit the top $140 pledge and I would do more if I could and and I could get that EP.

03-28-2017 07:06 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Woolly Eggwhisk

Question. I went for the $25 CD set but I think I want to kick in another $10 to get the 5 discs. What's the best way to do that?

03-28-2017 14:09 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Kickstarter Help

How can I change my pledge amount?

in Backer Questions / Managing your pledge
To change your pledge amount, visit the project page and click the blue “Manage" button that appears next to your pledge amount and then select "Change your pledge" on the following page.

From here, you’ll be able to adjust your pledge amount or choose a new reward tier you'd like to pledge for and your pledge amount will update automatically. If you don't want to receive a reward, select "No thanks, I just want to help the project." and enter your new pledge amount.

Note that you are not adding to your existing pledge; the amount you enter will be the total amount collected if the project is successfully funded.

03-28-2017 16:01 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

In the end I had to cancel my first pledge and pick a new one. It kept showing both pledges in the finally tally.

03-28-2017 16:39 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Wink Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

$40,129 with less than 70 hours until you don't have to put up with me making these posts anymore!
03-28-2017 22:30 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

We did it!

03-29-2017 00:56 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Woolly Eggwhisk

If Audiori sets *another* stretch goal, we may have to duct tape his arms to his chair.

03-29-2017 00:59 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

How about hit 65000 and you'll get the whole band back together for a new album... Or wait, maybe that can be in July... After 77s launch theirs in a couple days!

03-29-2017 11:27 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

7" picture disc added!

03-29-2017 21:22 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Woolly Eggwhisk

kkhhhhhjjkkhhhkk kkhhjhkk

EDIT- This is the sound one makes when your brain neurons start slappin' together on account of the stress of yet another stretch goal.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by WoaaahJelly!: 03-30-2017 08:18.

03-30-2017 08:00 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Woolly Eggwhisk

Vinyl is the current Pet Rock. Blu-ray audio has vinyl beat by a country mile.

03-30-2017 09:21 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Personally, I don't think it compares to the pet rock, the pet rock was a useless fad. I think there are better sounding audio formats for sure, to me even a CD is better, but I can understand the draw to vinyl. There is a different sound to playing a record and there is a level of nostalgia. The size, artwork and experience of a record is different than a CD, and a CD is different than MP3s.

03-30-2017 10:48 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

For many, the draw of a vinyl record today is the same as it was 40 years ago: it's more of an immersive listening event, more about the experience of an album, side A - side B. Especially with albums that are thematic or conceptual (like HD, Pink Floyd's The Wall, Planet P Project's eponymous, etc.). I think the same is true of more recent albums like Matt Pond PA's The Dark Leaves or Winter Lives, which have such a perfect pacing and warmth that, for me, they're uniquely enjoyable when you sit down by a turntable and immerse yourself in the artistry without the distraction of traffic, for example.
03-30-2017 12:31 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

vinyl sounds great! the reason i never listen to it anymore is that i don't usually sit in my living room to listen to music, it's on the go..

Cool
03-30-2017 14:52 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Woolly Eggwhisk

What's truly immersive is BD audio in multichannel turned up loud. Something vinyl could never come close to. Once you've heard that level of quality you'll understand. I don't ever expect to see any of the great old CCM appear in this format because the multichannel tapes probably don't exist.

I had tons of vinyl with an outstanding linear tracking table and the best catridges I could afford. But I don't miss the pops and clicks and constant cleaning/care. I usually dubbed them straight to cassette ((I had a Nakamichi 670ZX with outboard dbx and even a dbx car unit) and never played them again unless I was making a mix tape.

03-30-2017 18:27 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

I've heard some outstanding audiophile quality digital music and agree that vinyl can't achieve that kind of quality; however, what I meant by immersive isn't the audio quality, but the experience that vinyl provides with its inherent limitations, such as how the medium invites you to listen to an album as a whole, where the track order can be key to how you remember a song, for example, relative to the other songs; it's not so with the digital medium, because each song stands on its own as one single amongst other singles. Of course, new music doesn't live in that context of side A and side B, and track order isn't as important anymore. Even now when I listen to the Stones Tattoo You album (even in my car), I think of the songs as being either on the jamming side A or the slow and bluesy side B, which is a carryover from having first enjoyed it on a record player. That world is disappearing, but it's still enjoyable.

It's like camping. You can do just about everything better from your own home, more comfortably, and with higher quality amenities, but camping has a unique pleasure all its own because of what the limitations provide you in terms of experience. Of course, not everyone likes camping.

Nowadays I find that I'll only buy a vinyl album if it lends itself to being enjoyed as an album, like HD. Otherwise I'll only buy the few digital tunes I like from an album. It's rare that I buy a cd anymore, usually it's because the whole album is killer but it's not available on vinyl.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mindgasket: 03-30-2017 20:39.

03-30-2017 20:21 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Before I turned 18 (ages ago) I spent as much time camping as possible. It was a different world back then with nothing to fear and folks didn't chase you off their land.

I still buy CD's. I currently average 2 per week. I have a couple thousand CD's. I only buy digital if I have no other choice. And honestly I listen to most of my music in the car on an iPod. It's a pretty good 7 speaker system, so it ain't bad.

I did love the LP experience. The large size, the record sleeves and especially gatefolds.

03-30-2017 20:59 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Pages (16): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Horrendous Disc Deluxe

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH