Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Horrendous Disc Deluxe » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (16): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 10 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos - Horrendous Disc Deluxe 16 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In other news: $44,138 with 22 hours to go.

03-30-2017 21:01 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Good golly Miss Molly! $45,091 as of 3-31-2017 12:21 UTC!

03-31-2017 07:21 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Hmm, I guess I may need to buy a turntable. Or a display frame.
03-31-2017 08:04 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

Update 13, Stretch Goal #5 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"If we can hit $50,000 on this final day then we'll throw in (yes, for free!) a 3rd 12-inch colored vinyl lp of all 10 4-track demos (referred to affectionately by the band as the 10 Biggies) to the vinyl tiers. Call us crazy. Call us wacky. We can't help ourselves. If you haven't upped your pledge to the vinyl tier then now's the time to do it. This set will be the ultimate collectible for years to come and will be very limited. Please spread the word. Only 10 hours left!"

Wow.
03-31-2017 08:58 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

This one's gonna be a nail-biter...

03-31-2017 11:48 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

AUDIORI YOU WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME

$49,727

3-31-2017 22:03 UTC

03-31-2017 17:04 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

I think we're all holding our breath a little... Big Grin

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-31-2017 17:08 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

We did it!

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-31-2017 17:27 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

100 minutes to go...and I just increased my pledge (doubled it!!!) so I could get that vinyl.

I bought a "new" high spec turntable on auction last week and although I have 100 or so LP's left from a once extensive collection (including the original HD), the thought of this new stuff was too tempting!

Wonderful job, team Audiori and whoever is backing this at Solid Rock!

www.smashthatcomputer.com
03-31-2017 17:38 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Administrator

We are working with Larry's brother Charles, who has been extremely generous and continues to dig up treasures.... as does the band!

03-31-2017 17:46 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

I just wanted to congratulate the Townsends and anyone else behind the scenes. I think that campaign was really well handled. Lots of feedback along the way kept things interesting. Afraid I didn't participate this time. I told my wife I would bow out of these for a while til we get a few other priorities dealt with, but in spirit, I was with you all the way and very excited to see it completed! Can't wait for he next one!Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ron E: 04-02-2017 00:25.

04-01-2017 14:26 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

Definite kudos to the Townsends, et al!

Ron, I can relate to the need to bow out of the continual Kickstarters. When I told my wife of this absolutely crucial HD remaster/release on vinyl, etc., she looked at me with the eyes of a probation officer and said, "You've gone to that 'once in a lifetime vinyl release' well one too many times."

After Michael Roe's Guadalupe (crucial), Adam Again's Dig (crucial), Circle Slide (crucial), Stick & Stones (crucial), Pray Naked (crucial), Kerosene Halo (crucial), Derri's solo (crucial), Dan Russell's first album (crucial), and a handful of other purchases (crucial), she put the kaibosh on that! So I sold some stuff on Craigslist and voila! Horrendous Disc (crucial). I think I'm out of stuff to sell. I'm not sure how I'm gonna do the Drowning With Land in Sight vinyl. I had to pass on The Choir's Wide Eyed Wonder.
04-01-2017 16:08 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Did not anticipate getting so emotionally involved in a Kickstarter. Quite an experience.

04-02-2017 07:01 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Woolly Eggwhisk

This thought came to me when I was at that border between sleep and wake, as so many thoughts do. Two thoughts actually- would there be any video, or God bless us all, 16 or 8 mm fan motion picture footage of DA in the HD years? It would take some doing, but imagine a DA/HD Bluray! Wowsers. So how could we poll every single DA fan everywhere and get this footage?

Also I don't know when the first Cornerstone was but it's possible someone got DA footage just incidentally at the festival, not really being DA fans. This likely won't help the HD project but maybe later ones? It could be simple to poll Facebook for any and all CS video and film footage and just see what gets caught in the net!

Also

In my semi-dream state I saw a set of DA bubble gum cards! Rather like the Elvis cards from the 1970's. Imagine that. Another Kickshtarten?

04-18-2017 23:31 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

The first cornerstone was 1984 and there is fan shot video of DA from that year. I have seen video of DA in the HD era but none of it is really all that good unfortunately.

04-19-2017 00:33 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Really enjoyed the new track. Thanks, guys!
04-30-2017 19:10 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

My wife: What's this charge for Kick *pause* Starter?

Me: Oh, that. Nothing to worry about.

05-22-2017 19:16 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Big Grin

www.smashthatcomputer.com
05-23-2017 03:46 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Soooo now the Townsends have to produce all this wonderful media for the 756 backers of this project with just a flurry of disks and pictures and more disks and T-shirts and mailings and talking to midgets in Eastern Europe* and everything else that goes into a project like this. I think you guys deserve a Big Mac and maybe some fries for all of your efforts.

*I think that's where they press LPs these days?

EDIT- A Big Mac and fries for each of you; you don't have to split one.

EDIT- Okay, by ONE I meant a Big Mac and Fries. That counts as ONE item. Or meal? Is that a meal and not an item?

EDIT- Okay I wasn't clear. That would be FOUR since two Big Macs and fries would be four items. In that case you could split them, but it should be one burger and one drink apiece, not two burgers for one and two drinks for the other because that's just wrong. Unless that's what you did as kids in Missouri because you were poor, and we just don't want to hear about that.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by WoaaahJelly!: 05-23-2017 23:35.

05-23-2017 23:26 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
vapspwi
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

It just so happened, when the location of the house from the cover of Horrendous Disc was mentioned in a Kickstarter update, that I was in Orange County for a Choir show. What are the chances?

So I swung by the neighborhood and took a pic of the house on the way to John Wayne to fly home.

(Edit: looks like the IMG embed isn't working for me, so here's a Flickr link...)

https://flic.kr/p/V6YM2n

JRjr

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by vapspwi: 06-24-2017 21:37.

06-24-2017 21:35 vapspwi is offline Search for Posts by vapspwi Add vapspwi to your Buddy List
Pages (16): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 10 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Horrendous Disc Deluxe

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH