Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Who would you compare DA and the Eddies to? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Who would you compare DA and the Eddies to?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

plus ialarma!
has a surf sound- NO one was doing that at the time (that I can think of)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-21-2007 10:33 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

as far as the Eddies
ahem (no pun intended )

Would Flo and Eddie fit here- maybe more than Zappa (link)
I saw them open for Alice Cooper on his BDB tour..they were hilariously rude and rather zany.

Like in Keep it Warm..is this an Eddie idea??

"KEEP IT WARM"

Words and Music by

Mark Volman and Howard Kaylan

Write another song for the money

Something they can sing, not so funny

Money in the bank to keep us warm

Stick another grape in the juicer

Or fill your guts with grease and get get looser

You are what you eat , so eat it warm

Roll another joint for the Gipper

Get the Gipper high, he gets hipper

Stick it in his mouth and keep him warm

Elect another jerk to the White House

Gracie Slick is losing her door mouse

Take her off the streets and keep her warm

Fight another war if they make you

Squeal on a friend or they'll take you

The future's in your lap, so keep it warm...

Warm, here in your arms

Safe from all harm, where I belong

Warm, cozy and calm, another

Dawn together warm....

My woodie's broken down by the beach now

And TM's gotten far out of reach now

Tell the Mahareesh to keep it warm

George is suing Paul, suing Ringo

and immigration wants John and Yoko

All they need is love, to keep them warm

Kill another whale with your power

Or shoot a bunch a kids from a tower

Snipe them in there cars

Blood keeps them warm

Or

Make a better world from the old one

Make yourself a baby and hold one

Hold her in your arms and keep her warm,

Keep her warm, Keep her warm,

Keep her warm...........

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-21-2007 11:19 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Eddies - maybe the Dukes of Stratasphere.

08-21-2007 14:47 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

It all kind of tastes like chicken.

08-21-2007 15:34 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Helpful suggestions - thanks guys. Keep 'em coming if anyone thinks of any others.

This is primarily just so the site can recommend them to other people that might like similar music so it's fine for the list to be all over the place. Its not saying that Daniel Amos or any of these bands sound exactly like this list... more that fans of these artists might also like DA.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-25-2007 11:52 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

- Daniel Amos: Beatles, XTC, Talking Heads

- Swirling Eddies: Beatles, Dukes

- Terry Scott Taylor: Dylan/Lennon

- The Lost Dogs: Travelling Willburries

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 08-27-2007 15:56.

08-27-2007 15:56 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Daniel Amos - Collective Soul

09-22-2007 00:05 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Daniel Amos - The Swirling Eddies

09-22-2007 12:06 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

The XTC / Heads / Bowie vibe works well with DA and the Eddies.

Things get tricky though when you start parsing songs from albums. "Avocado Faultline" fits with the Dogs as easily as songs from "John Wayne" could have been on "Bibleland". Some "Zoom Daddy" tunes have a psych-like edge so they could have hobknobbed with "Motorcycle"... And of course, "Madonna Inn" and "My Cardboard Box" aren't too far from the travelogue sounds of "Songs Of The Heart".

I'm of no help in your search for avenues of direction, I know. I gave up trying to play the 'sounds like _____' game years ago. Mostly I find myself saying, you'll have to listen to them and judge for yourself, but I find that for many it is an acquired taste.

DwD
09-30-2007 11:52 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

For years when telling someone about Daniel Amos and the ask me "what kind of music do they play?", I can only answer, "Which album?" Then MBD came out and I had to change that to "Which song?"
08-13-2019 11:36 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Brown
For years when telling someone about Daniel Amos and the ask me "what kind of music do they play?", I can only answer, "Which album?" Then MBD came out and I had to change that to "Which song?"

exactly, no comparison and no equal..

Cool
08-15-2019 15:47 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

The simplest description of the best bands' output is simply "good music" because they can play across multiple genres. Smile

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-01-2019 22:20 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
The simplest description of the best bands' output is simply "good music" because they can play across multiple genres. Smile

Cool
10-02-2019 18:21 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Who would you compare DA and the Eddies to?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH