Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I voted today and met a DA fan! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I voted today and met a DA fan!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

I voted today and met a DA fan! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's New Zealand General Election day today. I took my 18 year old son, who is voting for the first time, to the nearest polling station. I had a choice of two that were close, and chose the one that was closest to my workplace. Good choice.
My choice of T shirt was the Horrendous Disc....I thought that maybe someone would ask what it was.
After voting, and waiting for my son to finish, I stood outside and chatted to a guy I knew. One of the Polling Station workers came over and said "Are you a Daniel Amos fan?" This started a great chat where I brought him up to date with the band and suggested that he could visit the website (a quick chat, so he was able to get back to his job!).
So, if he gets to look at the website and sees this post - welcome to the Daniel Amos Forum!

www.smashthatcomputer.com
10-16-2020 15:23 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome, future visitor!

I'm glad you had a good voting experience, Wayneb.
10-18-2020 17:29 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Up! RE: I voted today and met a DA fan! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

awesome! voting just involved dropping my ballot off in a box by the library here. usually when i meet a fellow Da fan from wearing a shirt they say something like "oh yeah, i remember them back from the 70's. shotgun angel?" i say something like yes, that is a brilliant album, hey, do you know they are still around? Big Grin

Cool
10-28-2020 12:41 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by wayneb
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That was pretty much the way the conversation went!

10-28-2020 23:35 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Joey?!

10-31-2020 19:34 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
Joey?!

hi.

Cool
10-31-2020 23:22 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

I didn't realise it was so long.....

11-01-2020 03:48 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

did DA ever play in NZ?

Psalm 119:83
11-26-2020 10:38 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

No, sadly. The closest was Tim Chandler who came here with the Keaggy/Stonehill Band (and I got to see him). They were pretty well known here in the "Shotgun Angel" days though.

11-28-2020 03:12 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I voted today and met a DA fan!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH