Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Paste Ad for TST » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Paste Ad for TST
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
MartyB
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 09-13-2002

BQN and Harvest Rock Syndicate Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
Me neither. Did you get the old Syndicate ever?

All the time! That is how I found out about DA!
I miss that rag! Crying

I loved that rag! It turned my head around for Christian rock in the late 80's. I was into "Jesus Music" back in the 70's (including the originla DA, BTW) but I lost track and interest in it (CCM - ack! what a horrible label) during the 80's - very bland or silly metal stuff. But I saw a copy of HRS in 1988 or so and BQN turned me on to The Choir, Adam Again, DA (again), Sam Phillips, Mark Heard 9again) etc. and I will be forever thankful.

I remember what grabbed me first was his editorial in the first issue I picked up and he was using the climactic scene on the roof from _Blade Runner_ to make some point about Christianity and I was hooked. Most people at my church thought the movie was evil or something and to see him quote it so casually really spoke volumes.

That's my testimony. Amen?

MartyB
11-01-2002 18:21 MartyB is offline Send an Email to MartyB Search for Posts by MartyB Add MartyB to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Terry in a full page ad...nice to see some marketing for the Terry and Daniel Amos.

So far, I have been impressed with the music of Paste. The magazine has some growth opportunities in order to bring in more culture rather that just half baked thoughts from artists.

A major intellectual interview with members of DA, Terry, Mike would be great.

11-05-2002 12:24 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden
A major intellectual interview with members of DA, Terry, Mike would be great.

Yes it would! It seems oddly possible eh? Maybe the Mighty Q could interview Terry again! Big Grin

11-05-2002 12:42 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I still have every issue of the Harvest Rock Syndicate. It was the greatest magazine ever published. Brian Quincy Newcomb is the best writer. I've seen a few articles by him since then, but not very many. Does anyone know where his articles regularly appear now?

By the way, I spoke of his article about Blade Runner on another thread here when we were discussing that movie. He also wrote about The Last Temptation of Christ.

11-05-2002 16:52 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

i agree, Mark; HRS was the best.

Brian Quincey still writes occasionally for CCM; i think i've seen reviews there over the past few months.

Did anyone see the communion service at Cornerstone about 6 years back? The service was built around the songs of At the Foot of the Cross 1. Jerry and Sharon, Gene and Riki, Mike Roe, and tom Howard with his daughter joined the Choir Boys and a few other friends on the songs. BQN was the minister/facilitator. It was a candle lit service and was beyond beautiful.
11-05-2002 21:52 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
Did anyone see the communion service at Cornerstone about 6 years back? The service was built around the songs of At the Foot of the Cross 1. Jerry and Sharon, Gene and Riki, Mike Roe, and tom Howard with his daughter joined the Choir Boys and a few other friends on the songs. BQN was the minister/facilitator. It was a candle lit service and was beyond beautiful.

sounds pretty wonderful Smile )

11-06-2002 16:00 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

how we date ourselves Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dear Doc and LK9
its funny when you mention BQ Newcomb
he is (was?) a dang good reviewer for CCM who
turned me on to a lot of cool stuff back when.
I always thought he should write a book.
Am I alone here?
11-07-2002 11:31 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

Relevant Magazine Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Since the subject is now on magazines, check out this website mag (supposedly to be in print soon).

www.relevantmagazine.com

It's not music focused, but has lots of music stuff and has general articles as opposed to Phantom Tollbooth or Paste.

11-07-2002 14:18 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

ya... but where's TST in the mag?

11-07-2002 16:09 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Are we the only US Paste subscribers that still don't have Issue #2? We both have a subscription and haven't seen a single copy of #2 show up yet...

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-07-2002 16:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

Are we the only US Paste subscribers that still don't have Issue #2? We both have a subscription and haven't seen a single copy of #2 show up yet...

I heard enough about their bad luck in mailings that I am just buying them from the store! Tongue

11-07-2002 16:23 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Me neither. Did you get the old Syndicate ever?

All the time! That is how I found out about DA!
I miss that rag! Crying

It was one hell of a zine, the best ever. I miss it to, and I miss getting to see Q every now and then. Hey, what happened to Dan Mac (the Q protege). He used to post on the old board.

He wrote a review for Dolly Parton's new CD in Paste!
Way to go Dan! Big Grin

11-14-2002 11:26 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:

I heard enough about their bad luck in mailings that I am just buying them from the store! Tongue

Mine finally came just a few days ago. That was bizarre. They say it's all because of bulk mail, but it makes you wonder.

11-14-2002 11:34 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:

Mine finally came just a few days ago. That was bizarre. They say it's all because of bulk mail, but it makes you wonder.

makes me wonder.

11-14-2002 11:38 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

It was worth the wait though. Great magazine and cool CD. I'm happy to be a subscriber. Big Grin

11-14-2002 11:51 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I bring those Paste CDs with me to work and play at least one everyday! I play those CDs more than any other! Big Grin

11-14-2002 16:56 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I've had mine for a long time.

11-14-2002 18:07 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Big Grin

11-25-2002 14:12 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Still haven't seen a single copy here... hmm. Weird for two copies to get lost.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-25-2002 23:52 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

That is odd.

11-26-2002 12:38 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Paste Ad for TST

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH