Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ten Songs By Adam Again on E-bay » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ten Songs By Adam Again on E-bay
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
highfiguy
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 05-18-2002

Ten Songs By Adam Again on E-bay Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, I screwed up on my original listing of this. The e-bay police didn't like the fact that I had offered to give away a free Gene Eugene "Live At Houghton" CD-R to the winning bidder, so they ended my auction early. I hope that didn't cause any problems for anyone. I have relisted it without the offending CD-R reference, below is the link if there is still any interest in this.

Adam Again Ten Songs
05-25-2002 13:47 highfiguy is offline Send an Email to highfiguy Search for Posts by highfiguy Add highfiguy to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

$50 bucks and there's 6 days left?
Shocked

05-25-2002 16:16 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
$50 bucks and there's 6 days left?
Shocked

Yeah, also says "reserve not met". This is what I find offensive... Confused

05-25-2002 18:35 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Zuke
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 05-26-2002

Makes me cry that I lost my copy 10 years ago in college. I've got the jewel case, but not the cd. *sniff*
05-26-2002 21:43 Zuke is offline Send an Email to Zuke Search for Posts by Zuke Add Zuke to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Zuke
Makes me cry that I lost my copy 10 years ago in college. I've got the jewel case, but not the cd. *sniff*

Hey, if the CD goes for so much, you might be able to get something for the case. You never know. I once saw some guy on e-bay selling just the inserts for "Motorcycle" (no joke). True, he never got a bid, but you can't blame people for trying.
05-26-2002 23:04 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:

Do you have the artwork too? or just a jewel case?Wink Big Grin

BD

05-27-2002 00:48 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:

It makes me cry that I saw the band live probably five times during that era and only bought the cassette from Gene selling them at the booth after the show.... (most 19 yr old kids didn't own cd players in 1988 ) Crying Crying Crying

05-27-2002 00:59 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.

It makes me cry that I saw the band live probably five times during that era and only bought the cassette from Gene selling them at the booth after the show.... (most 19 yr old kids didn't own cd players in 1988 ) Crying Crying Crying

hey joey!! up late too?

I never had the chance to see AA.....Crying

05-27-2002 01:02 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joey T.

quote:

hey joey!! up late too?

I never had the chance to see AA.....Crying

Yup, don't have to get up for work tomorrow....
Well, that was one benefits of growing up in SoCali... I didn't even know who they were the first time I saw them. They opened for Undercover. I was like "What's with the saxophones and stuff" until they played.... Wow!!! Second best band after DA in my opinion. Cool

05-27-2002 01:06 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

yeah growing up in AZ we had lots of great shows too.

um

I think Randy Stonehill came a few times

uh

at least the last few years have made up for the slow years when I was a kid and didn't know any better.

BD

05-27-2002 01:11 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

Decent musicians don't come to New Zeland (but enough leave)

(_|_) awwoooooooo (howling at the moon)
05-27-2002 23:16 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by highfiguy
Well, I screwed up on my original listing of this. The e-bay police didn't like the fact that I had offered to give away a free Gene Eugene "Live At Houghton" CD-R to the winning bidder, so they ended my auction early. I hope that didn't cause any problems for anyone. I have relisted it without the offending CD-R reference, below is the link if there is still any interest in this.

Adam Again Ten Songs

It's sick what that ended up going for. Over $100. I feel sorry for the poor sucker that ended up paying that much... Mad

06-01-2002 19:24 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

breaking my weekend silence....... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

HOLY COW!!!

$100!!!

I guess he meant it when he said...

''Serious bids only. Negative feedback will be left for any non-paying bidder.''

ebway too much for a used CD, even if it is ten songs...

do us a favor, DON'T let us know about your next ''sale''

BD
berry disgusted
Mad

06-01-2002 23:30 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:

HOLY COW!!!

$100!!!

I guess he meant it when he said...

''Serious bids only. Negative feedback will be left for any non-paying bidder.''

ebway too much for a used CD, even if it is ten songs...

do us a favor, DON'T let us know about your next ''sale''

BD
berry disgusted
Mad

The only way I would not be in 100% agreement is if he comes back here and says he is giving half of that 100 bucks back to the band. Pleased

06-02-2002 00:21 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Zuke
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 05-26-2002

quote:
Do you have the artwork too? or just a jewel case?

Yep Wink Artwork too.

Hey, if someone is willing to pay $100 for the disc, I've got to problem with that. I'd probably have been willing to pay $50.
06-03-2002 21:41 Zuke is offline Send an Email to Zuke Search for Posts by Zuke Add Zuke to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

I know, I think I paid close to $50 for a copy. It's just the fact that he started at $50 and acted like he was doing us all a favor by letting us know.

''Hey I'm about to reem someone, do you want to push the price up a little for me?''

If someone want's to pay $100 it's ok by me too. It's not my money.Cool

BD

06-03-2002 21:50 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
I know, I think I paid close to $50 for a copy. It's just the fact that he started at $50 and acted like he was doing us all a favor by letting us know.

''Hey I'm about to reem someone, do you want to push the price up a little for me?''

If someone want's to pay $100 it's ok by me too. It's not my money.Cool

BD

It's not okay with me. Even if I could afford to spend 100 bucks on a used cd, it's the principle of the whole thing. I guess I'll have to hold on tightly to my cassette and kick myself in the butt for not buying the cd from Gene after one of the many shows I went to during that era... Mad I e-mailed Dan Michaels about the possibility of that one being re-issued and he said not anytime soon. The a**holes at KMG want way too much money for the rights and are not willing to re-issue it themselves. So I would not lose one minute of sleep if I were to obtain a cd-r of 10 songs... Pleased

-Once, we painted pictures most the
World would never see
And hung them up on nails that held
God's feet and hands
We built a playhouse
In a fallen tree,
That you'd be first to leave
Was never in our plans

06-04-2002 00:18 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

Precisely why I made a CDR of it using my cassette tape. Sounds pretty good too. I of course would rather have a true reissue. I certainly don't want to pay those high bid price on Ebay. I have got a couple of steals in the local used CD store. The first 2 Violet burning CD's for $8 each. Check those out on Ebay. I've seen em up to $75 when I got mine. I was soooo happy!
06-06-2002 14:14 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Am I the only one Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

who's never been to Ebay, except for a brief look?

Just not interested, I guess.

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

06-06-2002 15:51 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
jc
Luteous Llama

SPEAKING OF INSANE Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I see mike Knotts website
has Aunt Betty (the REAL one)
list price ..40.00
(ouch!)
its a buyers market
or a sellers market
we're in the black
(or is it the red?)
anyway
happy hunting-I HATE e-bay
(Till I get my kid to sell my old ELVIS records....)
Jc
06-06-2002 15:58 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ten Songs By Adam Again on E-bay

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH